JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#11 (permalink))
Old
GoNative (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

05-19-2011, 02:15 AM

Lawyer groups in Japan have also been calling for reforms for many years. It's certainly a very big issue here.

The main issue I have with the system is the reliance on confessions. It's one of the reasons that Japan has such a ridiculously high conviction rate. Basically if they don't get a confession they rarely actually go to trial. Concepts like building a case on forensic evidence are practically unheard of in Japan. It can also destroy a prosecuters career if a verdict of not guilty is passed in court. The whole idea of going to court unless you are certain of a guilty verdict appears to be very risky for a prosecuter which is one of the reasons why confessions are so highly sought after.

They get to hold you for 23 days and guilty or not they often get their confession from the accused during that time. Although physical torture generally doesn't occur, age old methods of torture like sleep deprevation are practiced. And what is truly amazing is that during interrogations you are not allowed to have your lawyer present and the interrorgations are not taped or filmed at all. So there are no witnesses whatsoever to whatever pshycological and emotional interrorgation techniques the police choose to use. The reliance on confessions also means that many guilty people are not prosecuted if they can last out the 23 days without signing anything.

All in all it would have to be one of the worst legal systems remaining in the world today (at least for a modern democratic nation).
(#12 (permalink))
Old
tokusatsufan (Offline)
JF Old Timer

05-19-2011, 07:57 AM

I did not know that.
(#13 (permalink))
Old
BobbyCooper (Offline)
Banned

05-19-2011, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suki View Post
Yes it is 72 hours in the States and pretty much everywhere. Somehow Japan always manages to find a way to stand out from everyone else.
Thats the reason why we Love the country!

also now I need to know^^ whats the age to have sex in Japan? I heard the Japanese have special rules there too right?
(#14 (permalink))
Old
RealJames (Offline)
ボケ外人

05-19-2011, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyCooper View Post
Thats the reason why we Love the country!

also now I need to know^^ whats the age to have sex in Japan? I heard the Japanese have special rules there too right?
let's just say the term statutory rape isn't very common, nor is it perceived the same way..

マンツーマン 英会話 神戸 三宮 リアライズ -James- This is my life and why I know things about Japan.
(#15 (permalink))
Old
BobbyCooper (Offline)
Banned

05-19-2011, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealJames View Post
let's just say the term statutory rape isn't very common, nor is it perceived the same way..
ahh, I knew I've read something about this. But isn't the age to have sex something like 13 too?
(#16 (permalink))
Old
RickOShay (Offline)
JF Old Timer

05-19-2011, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyCooper View Post
ahh, I knew I've read something about this. But isn't the age to have sex something like 13 too?
Ahh BC, once again displaying all your intricate knowledge of Japan. Please tell me part of your reason for coming to Japan is not to go after high school.. or God forbid middle school girls...

And I am sorry, what do you find so lovely about being able to be held without charge for 23 days??
(#17 (permalink))
Old
RealJames (Offline)
ボケ外人

05-19-2011, 02:13 PM

It's been stipulated that those Japanese women who I befriend all come from the same minority of freaks and sideshows, but I sincerely doubt this as in my eyes they are from all facets of society.

Keep that in mind when I say the following:
I have asked very directly, and personally, several (I'd say between 25-30 or so now) women and girls in Japan what their first sexual experience was and at what age.
Either 13 or 14 years old were by far the most common ages admitted, and also almost always with a man over the age of 25, very often over 30 and more often married. They were always "willing" and it wasn't ever in an aggressive manner. Years later they regretted and felt shameful for their affairs or relationships with these older men, which were always secret, often even from their close friends. I can only speculate as to why they trusted me with that information.
They were all shocked to hear how many other women had told me similar stories, somewhat relieved to know they weren't alone in this, and then sickened to think it may still be going on in the same proportions, in that order of reaction.

When I told them that if a man had done something like that to them in Canada, that the man would be facing massive social ostracism and decades in jail, they were astonished.

In case you think I'm hating on Japan, this is one of it's flaws. American culture has far worse flaws (which Japan is devoid of) than this one.

You gotta accept both the good and the bad, I love this place knowing this happens.

マンツーマン 英会話 神戸 三宮 リアライズ -James- This is my life and why I know things about Japan.
(#18 (permalink))
Old
BobbyCooper (Offline)
Banned

05-19-2011, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickOShay View Post
Ahh BC, once again displaying all your intricate knowledge of Japan. Please tell me part of your reason for coming to Japan is not to go after high school.. or God forbid middle school girls...

And I am sorry, what do you find so lovely about being able to be held without charge for 23 days??
You are quite obsessed with me aren't you?

I never said I knew about Japan either. I have never been there btw.

I said that I Love their Asian culture and because Japan is the most intersting Asian country there is for me, I will go to Japan. Too hard to undertand?

Well, Japanese girls are quite interesting to me yes. I also plan on falling inLove with one during my time yes. Otherwise whats the point in being there without sharing the most interesting relationship in your life so far? So no time for foreigner girls, sorry!

I only need to be careful thats all. Thats why I am asking which girls I can woo and which I should be careful about.

Cause mabye you do not know that.. but girls in Japan look very, very joung compared to Western. And it's pretty easy to end up having a 16 year old on your side.

Every heard about the International age with Asians? Guess not..
(#19 (permalink))
Old
dogsbody70 (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

05-19-2011, 02:34 PM

my japanese friend is almost seventy but looks about forty.

mind you she hates men after she had a very unhappy arranged marriage.

I think women need to be treated with courtesy and respect--not just used for their bodies.

How can someone plan to fall in love?

What is their real motive?

Plus she has been fighting a Will for at least 15 years--who gets all the money? the lawyers.

Last edited by dogsbody70 : 05-19-2011 at 02:40 PM.
(#20 (permalink))
Old
BobbyCooper (Offline)
Banned

05-19-2011, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogsbody70 View Post
my japanese friend is almost seventy but looks about forty.

mind you she hates men after she had a very unhappy arranged marriage.

I think women need to be treated with courtesy and respect--not just used for their bodies.

How can someone plan to fall in love?

What is their real motive?
How else do you plan on ending in a relationship? If you find somebody cute and lovely from the inside.. let's face it, every Asian girl is that way

I will probably fall in Love with every Japanese girl there is. So it won't be too hard for me I'm guessing

even the who choice won't be as though as normally^^ cause every Asian girl is a present from heaven.

Last edited by BobbyCooper : 05-19-2011 at 02:45 PM.