JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
dogsbody70 (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

what do you like about this forum - 01-31-2011, 11:13 AM

There are members from around the world on this forum--Japan is this forum.

There are many helpful members out there who are all too willing to answer the many questions about Japan and how to get there and also Nihongo etc etc.

I think there are some really interesting members on here and I enjoy belonging to this forum for various reasons.
what do you like about this forum and do you find it helpful?

Have you been able to Help others on here?

I believe I have learned a lot via this forum and am very glad of it.

what about You?
(#2 (permalink))
Old
WingsToDiscovery (Offline)
JF Noob

01-31-2011, 11:21 AM

I feel that there are a lot of times where I have completely valid opinions, but aren't conveyed with the same meaning as through talking, which is why people like myself and GoNative sometimes come off like the dark horses here.

Other than that, I generally find something that amuses me here and there. Enough to be a returning customer, anyway.

I'm not a cynic; I just like to play Devil's Advocate once in a while.
My photos from Japan and around the world:
http://www.flickr.com/dylanwphotography
(#3 (permalink))
Old
RealJames (Offline)
ボケ外人

01-31-2011, 11:54 AM

The idiots aren't too stupid, the trolls aren't too persistent, the detail nit-pickers aren't too anal, the smart people aren't too close minded ...

Well balanced community with just the right amount of wrong ideas to make it all fun

マンツーマン 英会話 神戸 三宮 リアライズ -James- This is my life and why I know things about Japan.
(#4 (permalink))
Old
Suki (Offline)
armed with a mind

Send a message via MSN to Suki
01-31-2011, 10:53 PM

Mostly fun times with people I've met here. Bert, Claire, Seed, Josh, Kanji, ML, Exy, Noodle, Tenchu, Thunda, Guza, Cooley, Misa (it's good that she's still around), Yaksokuda, Micky, Carley, etc. Many more but those were the ones on top of my head. I'm feeling kinda nostalgic these days seeing they're not around anymore.. I miss you guys! :C

Also, good online conversations and pretty entertaining discussions. I'm not a member of any other forum so I have no idea if this one's a good one xD Guess it must be cause I've been coming here for like 5 years, and even though I've taken time off and not posted for long periods of time, somehow it keeps me coming back.

PS: What has JF given you?

everything is relative and contradictory ~

Last edited by Suki : 01-31-2011 at 10:57 PM.
(#5 (permalink))
Old
JamboP26 (Offline)
日本オタク

Send a message via MSN to JamboP26
01-31-2011, 11:15 PM

I love it as I get to learn stuff about the country I adore, help those who are unsure & shae such experiences with like-minded people

I'm a Cafe-kko, Nyappy in the World. But GazeRock is not dead. 「Sixth Gun」です

An Cafe, Vidoll, Versailles, Dir En Grey, Deathgaze, the GazettE, alice nine., UVERworld, Kiryu , YUI, AKB48, Buono!, Berryz Koubou, C-ute, S/mileage, Morning Musume, Zoro, Lolita23Q, Visual Kei, Oshare Kei, J-Rock, J-Pop, Idol groups FTW (≧∀≦)
(#6 (permalink))
Old
kamikazee (Offline)
JF Regular

02-01-2011, 06:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealJames View Post
The idiots aren't too stupid, the trolls aren't too persistent, the detail nit-pickers aren't too anal, the smart people aren't too close minded ...

Well balanced community with just the right amount of wrong ideas to make it all fun
i agree

(#7 (permalink))
Old
Ayame90 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

02-01-2011, 06:13 AM

I've been here on the site for some time and I love it. Although most of the people whom I came to know here aren't around, some are more negative and judgemental than when I first joined. I love the diversity of the site, the opinions, the insight of cultures and interests.

The pic added goes to the ones whose ideas are in a box, to the ones who don't give respect to the one who doesn't fit in that box, stereotying one as I am. You'll soon learn your mistake in not getting the chance, because of Your Error to get to know as others have gotten to know, love, respect, and appreciate me for who I am and not for what you aim to make me.

あしゅり
のえる
(#8 (permalink))
Old
Ghap (Offline)
JF Old Timer

02-01-2011, 07:07 AM

The discussion!

The good, bad and ugly as long as people can discuss it.
(#9 (permalink))
Old
godwine (Offline)
自爆十秒前

02-01-2011, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealJames View Post

Ha ha, I like your description... ...

And yes, I agree, a good balance, so people can actually debate and have conversation... it will be a darn boring forum if everyone have the same opinion
(#10 (permalink))
Old
dogsbody70 (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

02-01-2011, 12:57 PM

I have to admit I do enjoy having discussions-- we all have different opinions but that is good surely.