JapanForum.com

JapanForum.com (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/)
-   General Discussion (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/general-discussion/)
-   -   A typhoon on its way to Japan. (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/general-discussion/37564-typhoon-its-way-japan.html)

dogsbody70 05-29-2011 02:49 PM

A typhoon on its way to Japan.

I have heard that a typhoon is on its way to Japan. I do hope that it will not cause too much damage.

Guza 05-29-2011 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dogsbody70 (Post 866643)
I have heard that a typhoon is on its way to Japan. I do hope that it will not cause too much damage.

dang...they were barly able to make it through the last one, haha judgement day!!!!

Nyororin 05-29-2011 03:36 PM

By the time you`d posted this, it had already been downgraded to a tropical storm.

Typhoons come to Japan every year. There is actually a typhoon season. Pretty huge ones come every once in a while. The only reason this one is really making the news is because it`s the first since the earthquake and tsunami.

Quote:

dang...they were barly able to make it through the last one, haha judgement day!!!!
Umm... Which last one? You`re not honestly mistaking typhoon for tsunami, are you? :rolleyes:

BobbyCooper 05-29-2011 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guza (Post 866646)

stop drinking!

RealJames 05-29-2011 03:58 PM

yeah it's pretty horrible, I almost broke my umbrella, but then I closed it, and got a little wet from the rain, but it's so windy I dried up pretty fast
and then I ate tacos at a mexican restaurant, that was awesome,
then on my way home it was super windy, but this time it was in my back so it was kinda nice!

typhoons rock

WingsToDiscovery 05-29-2011 04:19 PM

I thought the rain in Tokyo was bad last year. This is awful.

JohnBraden 05-29-2011 04:35 PM

I can count my blessings; Out of two eleven-day holidays in Japan, it only rained once each holiday. I went in March and October, so perhaps I went when it rains less....

BobbyCooper 05-29-2011 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealJames (Post 866651)
yeah it's pretty horrible, I almost broke my umbrella, but then I closed it, and got a little wet from the rain, but it's so windy I dried up pretty fast
and then I ate tacos at a mexican restaurant, that was awesome,
then on my way home it was super windy, but this time it was in my back so it was kinda nice!

typhoons rock

glad you made it to the Mexican dude!

kyo_9 05-29-2011 06:04 PM

my friend tweet hours before that typhoon just passed Okinawa at 200km/h !!

RickOShay 05-29-2011 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dogsbody70 (Post 866643)

In my experience typhoons generally do not do squat in Japan, and this last one was no exception.