JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
DaisukeKigurou (Offline)
JF Old Timer

The anime community are cultists?! - 06-02-2011, 08:23 PM

That is what this guy believes. YouTube - ‪The End of the Anime Community (Occult Style)‬‏

I commented him back and explained that saying such things are serious to say, and crying wolf can get a lot of innocent people in trouble.

I was then attacked by his group of thugs and called, "weebo", "fag", " Japlover", " Japwannabe", etc

I am not lieing go look for yourself.

I just want to ask you all, why do people like this exist?

~苦痛は中心、それはある から来る; 憎む人によって引き起こされる。~
(#2 (permalink))
Old
JohnBraden (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

06-02-2011, 08:28 PM

There are going to be people who differ from your opinions and beliefs. If you rattle them, they're just going to try to make you miserable, seeing that neither of you will agree to disagree. Just leave them alone and let them be. That way you don't get harassed by them.
(#3 (permalink))
Old
tokusatsufan (Offline)
JF Old Timer

06-02-2011, 09:18 PM

There are some serious freaks on the internet,mainly YouTube but some forums I've read have been pretty serious. They want the internet to be a "subculture" and the slightest normal person comes in and they really kick off. You ask the average British person what a weaboo is,they haven't got a clue. I never understood what a troll was for years until now it's coming into common usage at college,although these are people that are on Facebook all the time. Anime fans can be very dramatic though.

I was arguing with this guy the other day. He was another Christian but more down...the other end. He was an extremist. He was probably one of those people that wear shirts with M on and they're gonna jump off a roof. He was implying that because I have a hypnosis fetish,I will go to hell. Granted,it's weird and I don't tell people really,but that could be construed as a form of bullying even. At the end of the day,it was because I was different.

Oh and by the way DaisukeKigorou,Tamers is better than Adventure 02.

Last edited by tokusatsufan : 06-02-2011 at 09:22 PM.
(#4 (permalink))
Old
evanny (Offline)
devil's advocate

06-02-2011, 10:01 PM

takusatsufan. when dealing whit those religious extremists just ask if they have killed all the neighbours for mowing their lawn on sunday since bible prohibits work on sundays.
of course it doesn't always work.

actually there are times when i see no future for humankind after reading some posts on the internet. not only religious freaks, anime fans, WoW gamers and all the rest just make me want to give up sometimes.

i think this quote is so true "the sum of intelligence is constant, the population is growing" so no wonder there are so many, well... retards.
(#5 (permalink))
Old
Nyororin (Offline)
Mod Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to Nyororin Send a message via Yahoo to Nyororin
06-02-2011, 10:18 PM

I say just ignore it.

You`re adding fuel to the fire by taking it so seriously. I have noticed this is a pattern - you seem very passionate about people who don`t support or agree with your interests. (Or at least you have been on here - you have posted more than a few times on how much it upsets you.)

In the end, it doesn`t matter. No one is pushing you to associate with or contact these people. There is and was no need to hunt them down and open yourself up to attack.

Why do they exist?

What would your response be if someone showed up here (or even better, dropped into a thread where you were joking around with friends) and responded to your posts out of the blue in a very serious way, telling you how wrong you were, and how ignorant you were?

People tend to develop tunnel vision in these situations. In all likelihood, the video was something made to amuse friends... And you just dropped in out of the blue and called the person stupid (in other words).

There is no reason to go looking for a fight. Really, it doesn`t matter that much. It doesn`t matter what people you have no contact with think. You`re the one who initiated the contact, and they responded with as much hostility as I imagine you would respond with should things have been reversed... Only then I am sure you`d also be complaining about why they went out of their way to find you.

If anyone is trying to find me… Tamyuun on Instagram is probably the easiest.
(#6 (permalink))
Old
evanny (Offline)
devil's advocate

06-02-2011, 10:58 PM

i am not looking for a fight. and my comment was aimed to all the flamers - weeboes, nerds or whatever not to the specific video.
the things is, i am not closed-minded unlike people in those cases usually are. i am opened to discussion and to a change of my point of view. however, i don't know why but it bugs me when others aren't. i am not the one who usually imposes my opinion (unless fairly sure and have a good back-up reasons), but when others do it, especially when their side has more holes than Swiss cheese, i do get irradiated.

P.S sometimes in those situations i have to check up on this picture to remind myself to go and do something useful.
(#7 (permalink))
Old
Nyororin (Offline)
Mod Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to Nyororin Send a message via Yahoo to Nyororin
06-02-2011, 11:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evanny View Post
i am not looking for a fight. and my comment was aimed to all the flamers - weeboes, nerds or whatever not to the specific video.
My reply, although it came directly after yours, was not aimed at you. I was replying to the first post in the thread.

If anyone is trying to find me… Tamyuun on Instagram is probably the easiest.
(#8 (permalink))
Old
WingsToDiscovery (Offline)
JF Noob

06-02-2011, 11:31 PM

This kid is just a hater who is mad because he's not gained as much popularity as he wants to on YouTube, so he calls out other people. This video is just a hype video intended to get a lot of responses out of people.

The "anime community" still are generally a bunch of idiots and I'd have no problem telling anyone that simply because for the most part they are extremely ignorant and insulting to the Japanese people. I just wouldn't approach it the way he did, because he's just being a hater.

I'm not a cynic; I just like to play Devil's Advocate once in a while.
My photos from Japan and around the world:
http://www.flickr.com/dylanwphotography
(#9 (permalink))
Old
RealJames (Offline)
ボケ外人

06-03-2011, 05:14 AM

Quote:
P.S sometimes in those situations i have to check up on this picture to remind myself to go and do something useful.
I really love this picture
It's a perfect example of what most people would consider "a given" or "common sense"... but somehow the boat just doesn't float that way

マンツーマン 英会話 神戸 三宮 リアライズ -James- This is my life and why I know things about Japan.
(#10 (permalink))
Old
tokusatsufan (Offline)
JF Old Timer

06-03-2011, 11:09 AM

Quote:
i think this quote is so true "the sum of intelligence is constant, the population is growing" so no wonder there are so many, well... retards.
I don't know if I'm gonna have kids. Then again if they're mixed race they're meant to be better. Then again they could just be better at being bad.