JapanForum.com

JapanForum.com (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/)
-   General Discussion (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/general-discussion/)
-   -   Just recieived a message on here with the biggest prejudice I've read in a long time. (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/general-discussion/37886-just-recieived-message-here-biggest-prejudice-ive-read-long-time.html)

BobbyCooper 06-17-2011 11:07 PM

Just received a message on here with the Biggest prejudice I've read in a long time.

Yes and I happen to be born on German soil!!

A member on here sended me this ridiculous mail via pm. I won't display his name in all fairness.. but I was disgusted to read this and had to make a thread about it.

Quote:

surviving the sword - Today, 10:32 PM
http://www.amazon.co.uk/product-revi...owViewpoints=1

try reading this book about the pacific war an dhow the Japanese treated its prisoners of war.

Hitler was terrible but these were also terrible in their cruelty and how they also used Koreans to beat the POW's.

They were totally barbaric-- have you read the Rape of Nanking?

They are not the angels you make them out to be.

This is about the discussion I had with a couple of members on here about the lovely people from Japan and that they do not appreciate their society as much as I do, or as they should in my eyes.

This guy is not an American and has such a huge prejudice towards the Japanese people because of what happened in WW II. I mean is this World really so fucked up??

I mean are we all sick or what??

May I ask what kind of Forum is this?

If someone on here feels the need to ask me if I am Hitlers son and if I should excuse myself for what happend in WW II like the member above me.. I am gonna go ahead and tell you my answer!!

God people are sickness!

Somebody should inform you about England during the 19th century I guess..

Jaydelart 06-17-2011 11:35 PM

There are a few sicko trolls that come on here from time to time. I recommend blocking the person and also reporting him to the mods. This forum doesn't support that kind of behavior.

Though, I have to say, looking at the message you quoted, I've definitely seen worse. I wouldn't let it bother me too much.

yuriyuri 06-17-2011 11:48 PM

I read the message over and over again, and all I see is a member suggesting a book to read in an attempt to educate you.
It doesn't look like they are trying to be offensive or prejudice, although, I must admit they could have worded the message a little better.

I also don't see any mention of Hitlers son or a demand for you to excuse yourself for anything.

But whatever... I guess there is no point in explaining that.
If you felt offended then you have every right.

Just out of interest, exactly which part of the message which you posted made you feel "disgusted"? (I think I can guess because of the wording of the message, but it honestly looks like it wasn't supposed to be offensive to me)

BobbyCooper 06-17-2011 11:49 PM

Oh I have read worse too. But in the context we talked about before and then shoot a message at me telling me this.. Disturbing to see what kind of people exist.

@yuriyuri

you should know the context of this, because you had been in the discussion with me too. This message was pointed at exactly this discussion.

I made the important part bold for you.

yuriyuri 06-18-2011 12:00 AM

I thought that bold part would be the problem sentence...
But it also looks to me like the message was just an attempt to point out that not everybody is perfect, which has simply been misunderstood...

Well, that is all I wanted to point out.
I don't think I'll bother replying again; it would probably just be a waste of time...

BobbyCooper 06-18-2011 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yuriyuri (Post 868676)
I thought that bold part would be the problem sentence...
But it also looks to me like the message was just an attempt to point out that not everybody is perfect, which has simply been misunderstood...

Well, that is all I wanted to point out.
I don't think I'll bother replying again; it would probably just be a waste of time...

If you felt the need to downplay this disgusting message because of your bias towards my person, then you can certainly continue to post here.

siokan 06-18-2011 12:49 AM

It informs the administrator.

The message is annulled and it disregards it.

End

RealJames 06-18-2011 01:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BobbyCooper (Post 868677)
If you felt the need to downplay this disgusting message because of your bias towards my person, then you can certainly continue to post here.

You should listen to siokan, who is Japanese by the way.
This automatically makes siokan somewhat of a god-figure to you, if not then at least an ideal model of virtue and moral upstanding..

ps, I didn't send you the PM, but I don't see it as particularly racist... just an attempt to draw you down to the real world

Fr3sh 06-18-2011 01:32 AM

I think this dude is just looking for attention....if he really was offended why didn't he just report it to a mod\admin? Dude is either a lunatic or a troll....either ways he is seeking attention.

RealJames 06-18-2011 01:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fr3sh (Post 868687)
I think this dude is just looking for attention....if he really was offended why didn't he just report it to a mod\admin? Dude is either a lunatic or a troll....either ways he is seeking attention.

I think you're entirely right about that! All of it!