JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#31 (permalink))
Old
nellie1208 (Offline)
JF Regular

07-08-2011, 04:30 PM

When I went to Japan, all I am aware of was the traffic rules. Lol! But as I read everyone's post, I felt shock to some of the ideas. But I still love Japan for it is organized and well-mannered.
(#32 (permalink))
Old
Kayci (Offline)
The odd Gaijin :3

Send a message via MSN to Kayci
07-08-2011, 06:20 PM

Right now, Nyororin made me very paranoid about my peach fuzz arms for my upcoming visit to Japan. xD Craapppp.

I learned a lot about personal appearance etiquette on this thread, thanks. XD

Coffee prevents me from killing you.
(#33 (permalink))
Old
Ryzorian (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

07-08-2011, 06:23 PM

I'm not a hugger, will NEVER be a hugger...arms will break if a full atempt is even made.
(#34 (permalink))
Old
evanny (Offline)
devil's advocate

07-08-2011, 06:39 PM

i have hairy legs. i like it warm during winters. rest of the body - well chest and stomach is all covered with think white/blond hairs, except for "belly-button road" which is black
i know a girl who has a large brown patch(is it a mole? well it is large but not outwards...it is flat) and she has extremely long hair growing out of it. and i don't think it is healthy to remove moles if they are so big.

my friend who is also 1.60cm said she felt average in japan. i'm 192 cm yet i am used to watching down to people when i talk (specially with girls) in my own country, so i don't think if and when i go to japan the giant thing would seem so obvious.
i think japanese men are expected to shave moustache. right? do they also shave pits? i've played basketball all my life and all the teams including myself did and still do so. actually all sportsmen seem to do so.
(#35 (permalink))
Old
BobbyCooper (Offline)
Banned

07-08-2011, 11:20 PM

I think the Free Hugs signs are Awesome

I am thinking about doing this next year in the middle of Tokyo with a group of Japanese.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nellie1208 View Post
When I went to Japan, all I am aware of was the traffic rules. Lol! But as I read everyone's post, I felt shock to some of the ideas. But I still love Japan for it is organized and well-mannered.
Nice Post Nellie
(#36 (permalink))
Old
Nyororin (Offline)
Mod Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to Nyororin Send a message via Yahoo to Nyororin
07-09-2011, 12:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayci View Post
Right now, Nyororin made me very paranoid about my peach fuzz arms for my upcoming visit to Japan. xD Craapppp.
If it really is peach fuzz - then you have nothing to worry about.
The thing is, what would be considered "peach fuzz" here is a lot less like fuzz and more like a peach.

Something you should keep in mind though - you`re not Japanese, and are only going to be on a visit. It would be no worse than encountering a woman with clearly unshaved legs (Not to the point of bushy hair, but visible). While you might find it unappealing or odd/rare - it`s doubtful that you`ll be ducking into the bushes to gag at it.
If you were going to be living, long term, in the country then I`d advise following the flow - on a short trip I wouldn`t even worry about it.

Quote:
i think japanese men are expected to shave moustache. right? do they also shave pits? i've played basketball all my life and all the teams including myself did and still do so. actually all sportsmen seem to do so.
It is pretty regular to be clean shaven - but there are men out there with mustaches and beards. They just are fairly uncommon.
I don`t think it`s normal to shave the armpits - although it might be in some sports. I don`t think it`s a regular thing among the general male population.

If anyone is trying to find me… Tamyuun on Instagram is probably the easiest.

Last edited by Nyororin : 07-09-2011 at 12:18 AM.
(#37 (permalink))
Old
Kayci (Offline)

07-09-2011, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyororin View Post
If it really is peach fuzz - then you have nothing to worry about.
The thing is, what would be considered "peach fuzz" here is a lot less like fuzz and more like a peach.

Something you should keep in mind though - you`re not Japanese, and are only going to be on a visit. It would be no worse than encountering a woman with clearly unshaved legs (Not to the point of bushy hair, but visible). While you might find it unappealing or odd/rare - it`s doubtful that you`ll be ducking into the bushes to gag at it.
If you were going to be living, long term, in the country then I`d advise following the flow - on a short trip I wouldn`t even worry about it.

It is pretty regular to be clean shaven - but there are men out there with mustaches and beards. They just are fairly uncommon.
I don`t think it`s normal to shave the armpits - although it might be in some sports. I don`t think it`s a regular thing among the general male population.
I dont think I would gag over it, i am just worried on how I look to them...I was actually approached about this by Korean friends just last night, and they seem similar and talked about what you did...so I am just really self-conscious

(#38 (permalink))
Old
RealJames (Offline)
ボケ外人

07-09-2011, 05:52 PM

Quote:
I dont think I would gag over it, i am just worried on how I look to them...I was actually approached about this by Korean friends just last night, and they seem similar and talked about what you did...so I am just really self-conscious
why not just shave it off for the trip either way?
i see my gf do it now and then,
It's like 1min to do it in the shower...

it seems like less work than for me to shave my beard!

マンツーマン 英会話 神戸 三宮 リアライズ -James- This is my life and why I know things about Japan.
(#39 (permalink))
Old
Kayci (Offline)

07-10-2011, 07:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealJames View Post
why not just shave it off for the trip either way?
i see my gf do it now and then,
It's like 1min to do it in the shower...

it seems like less work than for me to shave my beard!
Yeah, I am planning to shave arm hair at the least before I go. I dont have thick, and its barely noticable, but still...

(#40 (permalink))
Old
RealJames (Offline)
ボケ外人

07-10-2011, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Yeah, I am planning to shave arm hair at the least before I go. I dont have thick, and its barely noticable, but still...
don't stop there, go the whole 9 yards in case you meet someone you want to make a great impression on!

マンツーマン 英会話 神戸 三宮 リアライズ -James- This is my life and why I know things about Japan.