JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
dogsbody70 (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

Programme About Sperm Donors. - 06-29-2011, 08:18 AM

There was a programme on TV about sperm donors in america. It showed how with the aid of a donor registry on the internet, how children conceived by the aid of an unknown donor-- could actually register and if they had the Number of the Donor--they could put this on the Register-- and trace their donor father-- plus any siblings.

Last night many siblings were traced and some actually met up and some also met their donor father.

The donors sperm had been used on many women-- so producing many children.

It was a fascinating programme---The donor father in this case, happened to read a front page of the TIMES and saw the article where a young woman was searching for her donor father. He realised it was HIMSELF and contacted the agency.
I know that in the UK donors now need to reveal their identity-- which has led to a fall in the number of men wanting to donate their sperm.

I am uncertain how the number of the donor was revealed to the offspring--perhaps her mother had a copy of the contract-- I believe there was a description of him on the document? I missed part of the programme but thought it really interesting. The siblings seemed to have strong feelings of connection with one another.

I have often wondered what it must be like to be told that your father was an anonymous donor.