07-14-2011, 01:30 AM

No one wants to live in Kyushu huh? xD

Coffee prevents me from killing you.
(#12 (permalink))
Old
nellie1208 (Offline)
JF Regular

07-17-2011, 06:53 AM

Osaka is a good place while Tokyo is a common place. I'd like it more in Osaka. It's like the Osaka High in Hana Kimi Japan./ Haha
(#13 (permalink))
Old
japan1234567 (Offline)
JF Regular

07-23-2011, 02:25 PM

In general, it's not recommendable to have high expectations while travelling to any country. Kansai people are warm, quickly enthusiastic and lively like Italian. They are really very surprising!

The Kantou are reserved, tend first to focus more on good qualification, high personal skill and level. So, and they are very strong in making business.

It depends what are you looking for! The Kantou are warm and lively too as soon as they consider you as a good friend. Otherwise they are in general quiet, thoughtfully and analyst.
I have very good Kansai and Kantou friends.

There is a good tasteful food in both cities and there are plenty things to do and to visit...

Last edited by japan1234567 : 07-23-2011 at 03:37 PM.
(#14 (permalink))
Old
japan1234567 (Offline)
JF Regular

07-23-2011, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayci View Post
No one wants to live in Kyushu huh? xD

Kyushu was a big disappointment. It's an economic neglected region. I met very uncooperative and mistrusful people there. My Kantou friends don't like this region too. They told me "Kyushu Danji" that's how they call Fukuoka men, it's kind of South Japanese Macho who dominate the women and is very counterproductive and disturbing. He's very aggressive and look to fight any signal that could bring his Macho position in danger!

According to my experiences there, Kyushu people are less hard working people and they are not sociable to tourists and foreigner. They are very closed.

If you are used to the very high service quality in Tokyo in the shops and restaurants, so you'll be shocked to experience how unfriendly the service in Fukuoka/Kyushu is! And that's happened to me.

Otherwise there is a beautiful landscape there. I liked Beppu onsen and I visited the sill active Sakurajima volcano in Kagoshima.

Last edited by japan1234567 : 07-23-2011 at 03:44 PM.
(#15 (permalink))
Old
Lonthego (Offline)
JF Regular

07-26-2011, 03:03 AM

Everyone has their preferences, but I really don't find a lot appealing about Osaka. Why not just live in Kyoto and take the 30 minute Special Rapid to Osaka for shopping and drinking like many of the natives do? That's what I would do anyways. Kobe is really nice too, but a bit more out of the way.

Anyways out of the two options that were actually listed, I pick Tokyo. Though we are comparing megacity to megacity, I feel Tokyo still has a lot more to do and see. Lots of culture, lots of nightlife..something for everyone. Remember you are also around 20-40 minutes away from Yokohama too which is a great area as well.

My Japan Blog (lots of pics and experiences of living in Japan..with some of Thailand too)
Latest Entry = Today's Journey (click)