JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
hitotsz (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Would you seem like a pervert if you asked for a picture? - 07-13-2011, 07:52 PM

If you met a female at Koebu and added her on Skype and you wanted to know how she looked like is it seen as taboo to ask for a pic?
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Fr3sh (Offline)
JF Regular

07-13-2011, 10:04 PM

On Skype? Well you can video chat on Skype lool...why would you ask for a pic?
(#3 (permalink))
Old
JohnBraden (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

07-13-2011, 10:09 PM

I have a feeling your attitude toward that person would change for the worse if she sent you a photo and she didn't meet your expectations....
(#4 (permalink))
Old
hitotsz (Offline)
JF Old Timer

07-13-2011, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fr3sh View Post
On Skype? Well you can video chat on Skype lool...why would you ask for a pic?
oh yeah i forgot oh my
but i become really shy face to face

Last edited by hitotsz : 07-13-2011 at 10:21 PM.
(#5 (permalink))
Old
OHayou (Offline)
JF Old Timer

07-14-2011, 10:22 PM

You seem like a pervert asking this question lol! Just WHAT kind of picture are you asking for sonny?

Are you afraid of girls or something? They *ARE* scary .. IF you have an agenda but if you just try to be friends with her and talk to her like a human being you should be fine. After you get some rapport with her just ask her for her photo.

She *might* say no but the guys who are good with girls aren't afraid of rejection so if she rejects you just chalk it up to experience because good judgment is based on experience and experience is normally based on...bad judgment. lol

and here's yet another tip--> Study this smiley so she looks like this
(#6 (permalink))
Old
Neffiline (Offline)
JF Regular

07-15-2011, 01:12 PM

As JohnBraden said.

I understand beind curious and wanting to know what the other person looks like, but be honest with yourself and think, will your attitude and opinion of her change when you see what she looks like?

When I chat online and someone asks for my picture, I generally refuse because that just makes me think they're only interested in something physical. If that person really wants to be my friend, then they won't care and will get to know me without needing a picture.

If the person sends me a picture of themselves first, then maybe I'll send something back. But it depends on the situation.

Just my opinion.

(#7 (permalink))
Old
OHayou (Offline)
JF Old Timer

07-15-2011, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neffiline View Post
As JohnBraden said.

I understand beind curious and wanting to know what the other person looks like, but be honest with yourself and think, will your attitude and opinion of her change when you see what she looks like?

When I chat online and someone asks for my picture, I generally refuse because that just makes me think they're only interested in something physical. If that person really wants to be my friend, then they won't care and will get to know me without needing a picture.

If the person sends me a picture of themselves first, then maybe I'll send something back. But it depends on the situation.

Just my opinion.
LOL lets be honest kids ... opinions of people DO change when you see them.

Truthfully, if you enter into a conversation with anyone online anymore get them on streaming video before sharing any kind of personal information with them.

People pretend to be all kinds of things online and you never know who you are dealing with (google: man pretended to be woman OR woman pretended to be man and see the heart warming tales on online "friendship".)

I've chatted online for about 20 years now and I can tell you that no matter how "interesting" the person is, if you are attracted to them for something other than "just a person to chat with" and you eventually get their photo and you aren't physically attracted it WILL affect your feelings and chat!. The nature of the chat will change and both people involved will feel it and you, as well as the other person, don't deserve to have your time wasted when you wanted something "more" than 'friendship' but used the guise of friendship as your way into sustaining a relationship with this person.

In the end, I guess it matters if the Original poster just likes BS'ing with this person or if he wants something deeper than a "friendship". Like the girl I quoted in this post says...get the picture up front (she agrees she is more apt to send a pic in this situation) and NOT after you "trick" the person that you are just a 'friend' when, in acutality, you wanted more.

Your opinion WILL change once you find out that girl you are chatting with has 5 teeth, is 250 pounds, and 3 kids when you thought she was something else. Maybe you'll be excited or dissapointed! lol
(#8 (permalink))
Old
evanny (Offline)
devil's advocate

07-15-2011, 03:45 PM

Neffilne. sounds like you are the one interested in the physical.
"ou...you want my picture? f**k off"

"ou...you sent me your picture first. lets see...hmm. yea i can myself with him in a bed. great, now we can continue the chat"

and online chatting usually means that people are miles apart. things like that almost never turn into something serious. so what is wrong with wanting to see the person you have been wasting your time with? or wanting this person to look pretty to maybe rise your self-esteem?
"wow. look at the babe i am chatting with...if only i could do that in real life"

nothing wrong with that...
(#9 (permalink))
Old
nellie1208 (Offline)
JF Regular

07-17-2011, 06:20 AM

If you want to get to know her more, why not show up or meet with her. Or just exchange pictures with each other, or video call too. That is much good! And try to make more good conversation with her! That'll help yah!
(#10 (permalink))
Old
pumpum (Offline)
JF Old Timer

07-19-2011, 03:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitotsz View Post
If you met a female at Koebu and added her on Skype and you wanted to know how she looked like is it seen as taboo to ask for a pic?
depends on what type of pic you asked for lmao !

The things that come to those who wait are the things that are left by those who got there first !