JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Inke (Offline)
New to JF

Haramaki - info needed - 08-11-2011, 11:24 AM

Hi All, I am from Hungary and I am looking for authentic info about haramaki. Primarily I am interested in haramaki as fashion item (not as part of samurai attire).

The background of my request is that I recently opened my waist warmer/haramaki webshop (lullaberry.hu) and I would like to provide information to my customers on how and when haramaki is used in Japan.

Any information, images, interesting facts or manufacturers/brands, that you think might be of interest to a community located in Central-Europe will be welcome.

Many thanks

Inke
(#2 (permalink))
Old
masaegu (Offline)
永遠の愛

08-11-2011, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inke View Post
Hi All, I am from Hungary and I am looking for authentic info about haramaki. Primarily I am interested in haramaki as fashion item (not as part of samurai attire).

The background of my request is that I recently opened my waist warmer/haramaki webshop (lullaberry.hu) and I would like to provide information to my customers on how and when haramaki is used in Japan.

Any information, images, interesting facts or manufacturers/brands, that you think might be of interest to a community located in Central-Europe will be welcome.

Many thanks

Inke
Not sure if anyone would wear a haramaki for fashion purposes only. There has got to be a physical need before a fashion purpose.

That said, here are endless pages of pics:
「腹巻」の検索結果 - Yahoo!検索(画像)

Your Japanese proficiency shall be in direct proportion
to your true interest in the Japanese Mind.