JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
ngmunling (Offline)
JF Regular

Study undergrade in Aus, go to grad sch in Japan - 08-10-2011, 02:58 PM

Greetings everyone

Is it possible to get into Japan Graduate schools after I get a degree from Austraila?

Thanks.
(#2 (permalink))
Old
RobinMask (Offline)
JF Old Timer

08-12-2011, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ngmunling View Post
Greetings everyone

Is it possible to get into Japan Graduate schools after I get a degree from Austraila?

Thanks.
I'll reply, as no one else seems to have . . .

It is possible, but you would almost certainly have to know fluent Japanese, along with the ability to read/write Japanese fluently. I have seen exceptions, but usually only in very specific fields or multi-cultural classrooms . . . I wish I could give you details about what you need, criteria and so forth, but I don't know anything about the post-graduate system.

If you do a quick search, using the 'search' button on the top right of the forum, you might find more information. Hopefully other members have already posted some useful information, or will do. Good luck in any case!
(#3 (permalink))
Old
ngmunling (Offline)
JF Regular

08-13-2011, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinMask View Post
I'll reply, as no one else seems to have . . .

It is possible, but you would almost certainly have to know fluent Japanese, along with the ability to read/write Japanese fluently. I have seen exceptions, but usually only in very specific fields or multi-cultural classrooms . . . I wish I could give you details about what you need, criteria and so forth, but I don't know anything about the post-graduate system.

If you do a quick search, using the 'search' button on the top right of the forum, you might find more information. Hopefully other members have already posted some useful information, or will do. Good luck in any case!
Ok. thk you very much for replying.
(#4 (permalink))
Old
Lonthego (Offline)
JF Regular

08-13-2011, 08:39 PM

What do you want to study??
They have a select few grad schools that offer courses in English but not for all fields. Also, it's my understanding that Japanese graduate schools work very different than western ones, that may be something else you want to look into, in case you would like to continue your education and get a PhD or something in a country that's not Japan one day.

My Japan Blog (lots of pics and experiences of living in Japan..with some of Thailand too)
Latest Entry = Today's Journey (click)
(#5 (permalink))
Old
ngmunling (Offline)
JF Regular

08-17-2011, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonthego View Post
What do you want to study??
They have a select few grad schools that offer courses in English but not for all fields. Also, it's my understanding that Japanese graduate schools work very different than western ones, that may be something else you want to look into, in case you would like to continue your education and get a PhD or something in a country that's not Japan one day.
I would like to research in Chemistry and in Japanese. So I have lots of work to do into studying Japanese language during my uni days.

I see. That's good to know.My ultimate goal will be to be a researcher studying and researching in Japan.