LinkBack Thread Tools
(#41 (permalink))
Old
GoNative (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

09-30-2011, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by godwine View Post
I still don't see a relation between love hotels and prostitution.....
My wife and I often stayed in love hotels when we travelled. The best value luxury rooms you can find in any city I reckon. We even had a room once with a 10m pool in it for just Y14,000 for the night! (10pm to 10am). Love hotels are awesome.
(#42 (permalink))
Old
godwine (Offline)
自爆十秒前

09-30-2011, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoNative View Post
My wife and I often stayed in love hotels when we travelled. The best value luxury rooms you can find in any city I reckon. We even had a room once with a 10m pool in it for just Y14,000 for the night! (10pm to 10am). Love hotels are awesome.
Thats exactly my point, love hotels only become a TOOL for prostitution, but itsnot BUILT for that purpose... I don't understand why some people associate it with prostitution

My cousin was a frequent of love hotels before he got married, all the girls he brought there were either a one night thing or in an actual relationship with him, the sex wasn't traded for anything of value... he just didn't want to bring girls home with my uncle and aunt there..
(#43 (permalink))
Old
GoNative (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

09-30-2011, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by godwine View Post
... he just didn't want to bring girls home with my uncle and aunt there..
And that is the primary reason love hotels thrive in Japan. You often have multi-generational families living in the same house generally with really thin walls. Not the best environement to bring back a one night stand or a girlfriend. Thus the popularity of love hotels.
(#44 (permalink))
Old
godwine (Offline)
自爆十秒前

09-30-2011, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoNative View Post
And that is the primary reason love hotels thrive in Japan. You often have multi-generational families living in the same house generally with really thin walls. Not the best environement to bring back a one night stand or a girlfriend. Thus the popularity of love hotels.
Aside form the embarrassment, there is also the issue of what the people in the same house will think of the girl... Jun (my cousin) was telling me that, when he was in University, if he brought a girl home to spend the night with, that girl will definitely won't be his wife, not without a big fight with my uncle and aunt anyways, beause the Uncle and Aunt won't respect that girl anymore.... The girl herself will probably have refused, because it will be very embarassing to see his folks in the morning....... Its not like you can just sneak out after making all the noise the night before :P so thats also part of the reason why they don't want to bring love interest home

and honestly, I don't think people will normally bring girls home with their folks living there, regardless of it being Japanese or not.. its just awkward.....

I think i am getting way off topic... sorry
(#45 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

09-30-2011, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryzorian View Post
Prostitute meets guy at bar, they "make an arrangement", they go to Hotel. See the relation now?
That's like saying condoms are related to prostitution. Or pillows are related to prostitution. Without prostitution love hotels would still do business just fine.