JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#11 (permalink))
Old
conanaras (Offline)
New to JF

09-07-2011, 12:25 AM

Another perfect translation! Thank you kindly, Cola, not only for the accurate translation, but also for giving me a copy of these elusive characters. I have been looking for hours for a copy of this one: 標 , for example.

For the record, these cards are from the Aquarian Age (アクエリアンエイジ) CCG, published in Japan by Broccoli. It has more than 20000(!) different cards, most of which have very nice art . Thankfully, most of them are easy to translate even with a translator

Another card successfully translated! Thank you Cola!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerwell View Post
please help me translate this...
Way to go hijacking another's thread like that, dude. If you need a request, go and make your own thread. And isn't that program in your picture an emulator? I don't think that piracy is endorsed on this site.

1 + 1 = 2... Unless it CRITS!
(#12 (permalink))
Old
zerwell (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via ICQ to zerwell Send a message via AIM to zerwell Send a message via MSN to zerwell Send a message via Yahoo to zerwell Send a message via Skype™ to zerwell
Lightbulb 09-07-2011, 04:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by conanaras View Post
Another perfect translation! Thank you kindly, Cola, not only for the accurate translation, but also for giving me a copy of these elusive characters. I have been looking for hours for a copy of this one: 標 , for example.

For the record, these cards are from the Aquarian Age (アクエリアンエイジ) CCG, published in Japan by Broccoli. It has more than 20000(!) different cards, most of which have very nice art . Thankfully, most of them are easy to translate even with a translator

Another card successfully translated! Thank you Cola!

Way to go hijacking another's thread like that, dude. If you need a request, go and make your own thread. And isn't that program in your picture an emulator? I don't think that piracy is endorsed on this site.
sorry but it wasn't me who would like to know this. it's my other friend asking my help, she don't know what she's playing tho. by the way, I opened up another thread, I just post here first before I decided to open one for my own.

Dattebayo!
(#13 (permalink))
Old
Cola (Offline)
JF Regular

09-07-2011, 03:32 PM

No problem. Happy to help.
(#14 (permalink))
Old
conanaras (Offline)
New to JF

09-22-2011, 12:57 PM

Hello once more!

Another lovely card is in need of a translation! This warrior lady sits back and laugh at her opponent's feeble attacks, that get reflected by her "Shutter Sphere". Of course, when her opponents understand that ranged attacks won't work, they will just draw their melee weapons and close in and slay her, but that's another story xD

I have managed to type in all japanese characters into the translator this time, but the translation I got didn't make sense... Please help!

1)Name of the card: シャッター・スフィア
Google translation: Shutter Sphere.

Translation seems ok. The name is not very elegant, but it seems correct (isn't it?)

2)Text of the card:
ターン終了時まで,
目標のブレイクしている キャラクターひとりは,
パ ワー以下の数値のダメージを受けない.

Google + Babylon translation: From what I could understand, it does something like this; Target a character that is not broken (break-free). Until end of turn, negate all damage to this character, if that damage is less than his power.

This translation came from the joint results from 2 different translators, and is probably wrong >.<. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

(#15 (permalink))
Old
Cola (Offline)
JF Regular

09-23-2011, 06:24 AM

The translation of the name of the card is correct, although that doesn't necessarily mean it makes sense. Foreign loan words are often slapped together in games, anime, and manga, often to good effect, but not always, as is the case here.

The card says something to this effect:

Until turn end, 1 targeted character experiencing break (don't know the rules of the game, so I'm unsure if a form of the word 'break' would be used or whether another word might be more appropriate when playing in English, but anyway the targeted character is in the 'break' state) takes no damage below that character's power.
(#16 (permalink))
Old
conanaras (Offline)
New to JF

09-23-2011, 11:41 AM

Thank you once again, Cola!
Yes, "break" is a game term, although it does sound a little... strange. "Breaking" a characther card is the equivalent of "enchanting" a creature in Magic the Gathering, although with more restrictions. To break my Character to make him stronger... doesn't sound ok

The translators actually got pretty close this time! With the exception of the break-free instead of experiencing break, they more or less got the meaning right!

So, the warrior lady is "broken", as she can use the Shutter Sphere effect, so she can easily slay her opponents even if they come close! And with this, another translation is complete! Thanks to Cola!
Thank you!

(#17 (permalink))
Old
conanaras (Offline)
New to JF

10-03-2011, 04:14 PM

Hello guys! It's that time of the week again, the TRANSLATION TIME!

A character card this time. This angel girl drifting on the breeze shouldn't be hard to translate, even with translator programs. It would be easy... if I could find this elusive 5th character of her ability text, and type it in. So, after about 2 hours of searching through jap text to find that character, I gave up. So here she is, guys, all yours!

1)Name of the card: ぼんやり天使
Google translation: Vague Angel

She is an angel alright. But vague? A vague angel? Dunno...
Translator also gives an alternative translation, "Vacant Angel". Could be correct too.

2)Text of the card: See picture
Google translation: None

No idea what it says, as I can't type the text . Please help . I would be grateful if you could type the text too, so I can use the characters for future translation attempts!

Let the translation begin!
Help this Vague-Vacant-Whatever Angel find out what she is capable of! xD

(#18 (permalink))
Old
Cola (Offline)
JF Regular

10-04-2011, 05:05 AM

As for the name of the card, ぼんやり can mean vacant, absent-minded, ditzy, and the like, so you might translate it as "Ditzy Angel" or "Airhead Angel" and so on.

The text of the card reads:

バトル以外のダメージを受けない。

Translation:

Takes no damage outside of battle.
(#19 (permalink))
Old
conanaras (Offline)
New to JF

10-04-2011, 07:03 PM

Once again Cola comes to the rescue! Thank you Cola!

Absent-Minded Angel sounds good! She does look absent-minded and unfocused in the picture! Her ability contradicts her though; She is absent-minded but avoids all non-combat damage? Meaning she can easily dodge spells and damage abilities? Weird

Some more characters for my japanese character printable list, too, including that elusive 外 character! My future translations efforts are getting easier and easier

Another card fully translated! Thanks to none other than Cola! Thank you!