JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
conanaras (Offline)
New to JF

Help with translations! - 08-24-2011, 11:17 PM

Hello guys (and girls),

I am a CCG (Collectible Card Game) collector, and I recently I got myself some awesome Jap cards from the Aquarian Age game. Problem is, I can't speak japanese, and understanding what some card texts mean with Google Translate or other translators is almost impossible. So I would like to request all of you dual English-Japanese speakers to help me in translating some cards! Pretty please? *puppy eyes*

Ok, lets start with this one:

Saga II, 0052
-------------
1)Name of the card: パイロキネシスト“五十嵐なつき”
Google translation: Pairokineshisu and "Igarashi Natsuki"

Pairokineshisu??? Does it mean Pyrokinesis? Who knows...

2)Text of the card:

Google translation: None

Can't find the card text in text format to copy it in the translator, and, of course, can't type this myself But I am sure that even if I could type it in the translator, I would get gibberish.

So, any help guys? Let the best translation win!

1 + 1 = 2... Unless it CRITS!
(#2 (permalink))
Old
masaegu (Offline)
永遠の愛

08-25-2011, 03:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by conanaras View Post
Hello guys (and girls),

I am a CCG (Collectible Card Game) collector, and I recently I got myself some awesome Jap cards from the Aquarian Age game. Problem is, I can't speak japanese, and understanding what some card texts mean with Google Translate or other translators is almost impossible. So I would like to request all of you dual English-Japanese speakers to help me in translating some cards! Pretty please? *puppy eyes*

Ok, lets start with this one:

Saga II, 0052
-------------
1)Name of the card: パイロキネシスト“五十嵐なつき”
Google translation: Pairokineshisu and "Igarashi Natsuki"

Pairokineshisu??? Does it mean Pyrokinesis? Who knows...
Close. It says "Pyrokinesis practitioner". It uses the Japanized word "Pyrokinesist".

Quote:
2)Text of the card:

Can't find the card text in text format to copy it in the translator, and, of course, can't type this myself But I am sure that even if I could type it in the translator, I would get gibberish.

So, any help guys? Let the best translation win!
Japanese is my first language but I have no idea what that means. You need someone who knows this game.

My best attempt:
"It immediately gives X-damage to the character that declares "guard" against the "attack" declaration of this character. X is equal to the power."

Forget online-translation. I promise it will NOT work at all with this kind of writing.

Your Japanese proficiency shall be in direct proportion
to your true interest in the Japanese Mind.
(#3 (permalink))
Old
Sumippi (Offline)
JF Old Timer

08-25-2011, 03:38 AM

1)パイロキネシスト“五十嵐なつき”

「五十嵐なつき」is a girl's name, Natsuki Igarashi.

「パイロキネシスト」??Pairokinesist? Pilokinesist? …A pilot + psychokinesist?(~_~)?

2) 「このキャラクターのアタック宣言に対してカード宣言 したキャラクターに、直ちにXダメージを与える。」・ ・(~_~)?
"She gives X-damage right away to the character who has made 'a card declaration' against her 'attack declaration.'"

Xはパワーに等しい。
"X is equal to (the/her) power."

ーーーーーーーー
Oh~I was writing while cooking and didn't see Masaegu-san's post! I just want to take this back (again)!(T_T)

Last edited by Sumippi : 08-25-2011 at 03:45 AM.
(#4 (permalink))
Old
conanaras (Offline)
New to JF

08-25-2011, 11:56 AM

Masaegu, Sumippi, thank you both for your excellent translations!

I have the rules of this card game (thankfully, they have been published in english format), so it's no problem for me understanding the game mechanics, once I have the card text in english! But, gosh, masaegu, especially your translation was flawless! Ever thought of working as a translator or something?

So I officially declare this card TRANSLATED! (dadadadoom!). Thank you again, Masaegu, Sumippi! and I hope you will help me again in the future

(#5 (permalink))
Old
conanaras (Offline)
New to JF

09-01-2011, 06:03 PM

Okay, next up we have some lovely succubi bathing in a red pool (of blood?), with a wall of text at the bottom >.<

I took the picture myself, as there wasn't one on the net, so forgive me about the bad quality.

1)Name of the card: ヘル
Google translation: Hell

Doesn't look like hell to me, but this translation may be accurate this time.

2)Text of the card: See picture

Need help here ;D. Although it seems a little easier than the last one, it is still too much for poor little translator.

Once again, let the best translation WIN!

(#6 (permalink))
Old
Sumippi (Offline)
JF Old Timer

09-03-2011, 02:09 PM

Hello again...

ターン終了時までに、アタック宣言又はガード宣言した キャラクターに、ただちに(1)ダメージを与える。

この場合、捨て札になったネームレベルのカードは、ダ メージ置き場でなく、捨て札置き場に置く。

Oh~~ sorry I've just noticed that ガードis not 'card(カード)' but 'guard.' (T_T)

----------------------------

It gives (1) damage right away to the character who declares the attack/ guard declaration before the/its turn is over.

In this case, the cards whose name level has become discards(?) should be placed in a pile of discards, not in a pile of damage...????

(Sorry again... I don't really understand the second sentence.)

Masaegu-san~~・・・分かんないで~す…(T_T)
(#7 (permalink))
Old
conanaras (Offline)
New to JF

09-03-2011, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumippi View Post

It gives (1) damage right away to the character who declares the attack/ guard declaration before the/its turn is over.

In this case, the cards whose name level has become discards(?) should be placed in a pile of discards, not in a pile of damage...????
Excellent translation, thank you once again, Sumippi! It makes perfect sense: Until end of turn, Hell (this card) does 1 damage to each character who declares attack or block. If a character is defeated this way, put him into the discard pile instead of the damage pile.

The discard pile and damage pile are game terms Hmm I like this card, it prevents your opponent to use weak characters to block your big ones, as it will kill them before they can block! And it has a nice picture too ^^

Another card translated, thanks to Sumippi!!! Thank you! Next card coming up soon!

(#8 (permalink))
Old
conanaras (Offline)
New to JF

09-05-2011, 11:40 AM

Hello again!

The translation of the first 2 cards was a tremendous success, let's see if we can make it a streak of 3

This time, we have a cute Cleric girl casting an all-time favourite spell, Dispel Magic! The text this time is quite short, but it contains some difficult characters I couldn't find a copy of, to place them into the translator.

1)Name of the card: ディスペルマジック
Google translation: Dispel Magic.

Translation seems okay, please correct me if I am wrong ;D

2)Text of the card: See picture

No clue here. Please help It would also help me if you could write the japanese characters of the text here, so I can copy paste them to the translator in my future attempts of translation. Especially that damned second character of the text: I couldn't find it anywhere!

Looking forward to see what this card actually does

(#9 (permalink))
Old
Cola (Offline)
JF Regular

09-06-2011, 05:38 PM

The Japanese text reads:

目標のプロジェクトカード1枚を捨て札する。
「させません!」

ディスペルマジック

Translation:

Discard 1 targeted project card. (could possibly mean "Discard 1 marked project card." I don't know the rules of the game; I'm sure you can figure out which it's supposed to be.)
"I won't let you do that!" (A more natural translation might be something like "Stop right there!")

Dispel Magic

Last edited by Cola : 09-06-2011 at 05:44 PM. Reason: Skipped a character.
(#10 (permalink))
Old
zerwell (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via ICQ to zerwell Send a message via AIM to zerwell Send a message via MSN to zerwell Send a message via Yahoo to zerwell Send a message via Skype™ to zerwell
Smile delete post - 09-06-2011, 07:07 PM

thanks! delete post

Last edited by zerwell : 09-07-2011 at 08:32 PM. Reason: delete