JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#11 (permalink))
Old
Sinestra (Offline)
ショ ン

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
09-10-2011, 06:18 PM

It somber moment for a lot of people especially New Yorkers but i can understand how some will be detached from the event itself if they did not personally loose someone. Its still possible to be very in touch with the sorrow of the day and yet not be emotionally attached to it. I myself lost 2 friends on the towers and almost lost my uncle in Washington he works for the Pentagon so im more emotionally attached. Honestly, my only wish is that the people who died wont be forgotten and that the whole world realizes that this kind of killing happens every day in some countries.

(#12 (permalink))
Old
DragonNL (Offline)
JF Old Timer

09-10-2011, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrogaijin View Post
I believe that their crimes are much worse and many more people were killed but as far as I know, there is no day of remembrance for any of those victims.
Actually in Holland there is, and not just in 1 city. Every year on 4 may The whole country is silent for 2 minutes. Commemorating the dead of WW2 among other things.

I'm not sure if I like it though.

He drew a circle that shut me out --
Heretic, rebel, a thing to flout.
But love and I had the wit to win:
We drew a circle that took him in.

Last edited by DragonNL : 09-10-2011 at 07:05 PM.
(#13 (permalink))
Old
kolululover (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via Skype™ to kolululover
09-10-2011, 07:51 PM

So yeah guy, let's just forget this whole thing like everyone says, forget about security and have more planes crash???

NO

How heartless are you guys? So many people died and I'm pretty sure you wouldn't call it "overkill" if someone you knew or family died in one of those planes or buildings!
People like you piss me off the most

どんな瞬間だって運命だって 
ひとつだけ確かなものがあると知った 
限界だって困難だって あきらめたくないよ  
このまま離さないで 
かたく握りしめた 君の右手のぬくもり 
ここにあるから
(#14 (permalink))
Old
sutekidane (Offline)
JF Regular

09-10-2011, 09:32 PM

Ron Paul Predicted 9/11 - YouTube
Ron Paul - Rudy Giuliani Blowback Debate - YouTube
Guess who is the fool and clue less here, the clapping audience supporting Giuliani or Ron Paul?

Last edited by sutekidane : 09-10-2011 at 10:50 PM.
(#15 (permalink))
Old
GoNative (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

09-10-2011, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterv20 View Post
just like the kennedy killings,the're many unanswered questions that remain a mystery.
Bullshit. Of course if you're the type who gives credience to unsubstantiated conspiracy theories then you'll pretty much believe anything won't you? Concepts like facts, logic and proof mean little in the world of the conspiracy theorist.
(#16 (permalink))
Old
DragonNL (Offline)
JF Old Timer

09-10-2011, 11:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sutekidane View Post
Ron Paul Predicted 9/11 - YouTube
Ron Paul - Rudy Giuliani Blowback Debate - YouTube
Guess who is the fool and clue less here, the clapping audience supporting Giuliani or Ron Paul?
Wow, I didn't know about Ron Paul. But he is a wise man!
If the American goverment wasn't focused so much on getting everything their way then maybe it wouldn't have happened..

He drew a circle that shut me out --
Heretic, rebel, a thing to flout.
But love and I had the wit to win:
We drew a circle that took him in.
(#17 (permalink))
Old
sutekidane (Offline)
JF Regular

09-10-2011, 11:54 PM

Yes, Ron Paul is definitely spot on about GWOT (Global War on Terror) and most foreign policy issues. But he has drawbacks, his policy of isolationism on foreign affairs, Randian (Ayn Rand) libertarian-ism and anti-tax small govt. policy I do not support. He is honest but mistaken on many issues in my opinion.

If you want to understand 9/11, Islamic extremism, then you have to go back to the break up of two former empires, Ottoman after World War I and British Indian partition after World War II. Ottoman fell apart after Arab revolt with instigation from the British (Lawrence of Arabia), but instead of giving Arabs their independence, the British and French divided up the whole region into small states with their secret Sykes Picot agreement and gave permission to Jewish immigrants to settle down in Palestine with Balfour Declaration. Discovery of oil was another big incentive to keep this area under control. After British and French colonial empires lost their colonial possessions in World War II, USA became the predominant power and it started playing imperial games pretty much all over the globe, including the middle-east oil rich areas, backing up dictators and kingdoms. Soviets did the same, in the name of international communism. Nothing happens in a vacuum, only the clueless, who go to work, come home, open their budweiser and sit in front of TV to watch NASCAR or the next football (American) or basketball game and then suddenly things blow up on their face get angry and then this anger and fear is then used by other people:
About Neocons, Radical Islamists and role of religion in politics:
Power Of Nightmares 1of6 - YouTube
Power Of Nightmares 2of6 - YouTube
Power Of Nightmares 3of6 - YouTube
Power Of Nightmares 4of6 - YouTube
Power Of Nightmares 5of6 - YouTube
Power Of Nightmares 6of6 - YouTube

Once China and India gains predominance in economics and technology, they will play the same imperial games like others have played before, the British, the French, Germany, Japan, Soviet Union and USA - it is human nature, power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Only way to counter power is by equal and opposite power, to bring a balance. Failure will mean for the rest of the world to become vassal states of these two large states.

Last edited by sutekidane : 09-10-2011 at 11:56 PM.
(#18 (permalink))
Old
Nyororin (Offline)
Mod Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to Nyororin Send a message via Yahoo to Nyororin
09-11-2011, 03:08 PM

Far removed from the US, I had totally forgotten about the anniversary until I saw this post...

And I realized... We had the exact same thing for dinner 10 years ago.

If anyone is trying to find me… Tamyuun on Instagram is probably the easiest.
(#19 (permalink))
Old
dogsbody70 (Offline)

09-11-2011, 04:27 PM

I think it is sad to want to forget these sort of things. Here in UK we have Remembrance day every November 11th.

It is very important indeed.

History is important-- we need to try to learn from history and be grateful to those who gave up their lives for ours.

I grew up during world war two and no way do I wish to forget. Forgetting is an insult to all those who died.

I am still researching the pacific war-- I had been too ignorant about it.

can we learn lessons from the mistakes of the past?

Its so easy to be glib-- it is also heartless.

we have been watching the services from ZERO ONE where the names of each lost person was spoken aloud. The same thing happened in London. No doubt those who lost loved ones in 9/11 elsewhere will also have wished to commemorate the memory of their loved ones who were lost.

Those brave firemen who tried to rescue those trapped in that inferno-- many of those died.

Last edited by dogsbody70 : 09-11-2011 at 04:32 PM.
(#20 (permalink))
Old
dogsbody70 (Offline)

09-11-2011, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonNL View Post
Actually in Holland there is, and not just in 1 city. Every year on 4 may The whole country is silent for 2 minutes. Commemorating the dead of WW2 among other things.

I'm not sure if I like it though.
tough if you don't like it. Many Dutchmen were POWs in Japan. They were thought of very highly by other prisoners.

why are you so reluctant to face up to Remembering.

History of the Netherlands (1939–1945) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History...9%E2%80%931945)