JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Gwen_Goth (Offline)
addict

Lightbulb JFTS Blog; an exercise. - 09-13-2011, 03:20 AM

So, here's the thing.

A little after the world was left reeling from the news of the successive, domino effect disasters that all but obliterated a large swathe of Japan, a friend linked me to this;
JKTS: A Japanese medical aid worker's diary.
Needless to say this is a moving and emotional read. Not to be undertaken lightly in any way.

A day later, rather than the usual "what did you think of it?" questions, he asked me one thing;
"how did it make you feel?"

And that, in essence is what I want to know from you.

You don't need to read it all, but do try to read at least the first couple of pages, then post here, how you felt while and after reading it. That's all. No discussion, no arguing or linking to multitudes of different sites etc; Just posts of How. You. Feel.

Simple.

Aaand; seeing as someone was silly enough to leave me with all my Mod rights here; any posts that deviate from that will simply be cleared away; the idea of this thread it to let us see how other people react to one thing, and perhaps grow together and understand a little more.

And for those who may feel moved to need to do something; the waters may have receded, but there is still a lot of help needed; I feel that donations are best made through official channels, such as the
Red Cross Japan Tsunami Appeal

-~Moddess ~-

▲ ▲
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Gwen_Goth (Offline)
addict

09-13-2011, 03:22 AM

My reply, at the time;

I feel useless and selfish.

-~Moddess ~-

▲ ▲