Voters: 70. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#11 (permalink))
Old
acjama (Offline)
JF Regular

11-14-2011, 11:45 PM

Godwine nailed it.

Unwillingness to learn something properly is no excuse to get rid of it, or to pretend it's not necessary.
(#12 (permalink))
Old
SHAD0W (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

11-15-2011, 05:58 PM

This is rediculous. More lazy noobs trying to make excuses for not learning the characters. When I read the opening post, I imagined "Japanese partner" as a Japanese girlfriend or a native language exchange partner. It's clearly a couple of language students who've had 3 lessons and think they're the shit. Can see them showing off to randomers they know.

"Yeah man, I speak fluent Japanese. Kawaii desu neh"

I'm sorry for all the bad stuff I said and all the feelings I hurt.. Please forgive me
(#13 (permalink))
Old
godwine (Offline)
自爆十秒前

11-15-2011, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHAD0W View Post
This is rediculous. More lazy noobs trying to make excuses for not learning the characters. When I read the opening post, I imagined "Japanese partner" as a Japanese girlfriend or a native language exchange partner. It's clearly a couple of language students who've had 3 lessons and think they're the shit. Can see them showing off to randomers they know.

"Yeah man, I speak fluent Japanese. Kawaii desu neh"
Not sure about showing off, but I have a sense that its one of those anime/game lover who wants to learn but are too lazy to spend the effort in it, so their thought is the easy way out......
(#14 (permalink))
Old
JohnBraden (Offline)

11-15-2011, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by godwine View Post
Not sure about showing off, but I have a sense that its one of those anime/game lover who wants to learn but are too lazy to spend the effort in it, so their thought is the easy way out......
I'd like to see what they'd tell the Chinese about their writing system and what alternative they'd suggest....
(#15 (permalink))
Old
SHAD0W (Offline)

11-15-2011, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBraden View Post
I'd like to see what they'd tell the Chinese about their writing system and what alternative they'd suggest....
Probably something like..

"China doesn't make Naruto so it doesn't matter what form of moon speak they use".

Ignorant fools they are...

I'm sorry for all the bad stuff I said and all the feelings I hurt.. Please forgive me
(#16 (permalink))
Old
godwine (Offline)
自爆十秒前

11-15-2011, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHAD0W View Post
Probably something like..

"China doesn't make Naruto so it doesn't matter what form of moon speak they use".

Ignorant fools they are...
Its kinda like Toronto in the early days when there are not as many Chinese immigrants, the non asian folks pretend to know Chinese by learning how a few words are pronounced, and discover that menus at a restaurant aren't written photonically...
(#17 (permalink))
Old
Nameless (Offline)
JF Old Timer

11-16-2011, 05:00 AM

Romaji is more kawaii desu.

Seriously speaking, if the japanese could find a way to write their language in an easier way, they should. I know this is a terrible idea culturally speaking, but in terms of pragmatism it isn't.

Look at korea and how they were able to do it, why is this impossible for japan? I mean I know there are many homophones and the like, but if a system was developed specifically to avoid issues, why shouldn't it be implemented?
(#18 (permalink))
Old
masaegu (Offline)
永遠の愛

11-16-2011, 06:06 AM

Hate to help a nonsense thread grow but why would anyone even think about changing the writing system of the country with a virtually 100% literacy rate? What other countries can even claim it?

The current writing system works beautifully. If you cannot believe it, it just proves that you do not know enough Japanese yet and/or you have no respect for other cultures.

Your Japanese proficiency shall be in direct proportion
to your true interest in the Japanese Mind.
(#19 (permalink))
Old
samokan (Offline)
0xFFFF_FFFF

11-16-2011, 06:34 AM

NO!!!

I want to make other peoples live miserable .. KANJI!! KANJI!!

.. stop being lazy and learn, or maybe u can invent your own language ..

*** Omnia Muntantor, Nihil Interit ***

My Japan Life

-------------------------------------
(#20 (permalink))
Old
crime60 (Offline)
JF Regular

Send a message via MSN to crime60
11-16-2011, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nameless View Post
Romaji is more kawaii desu.

Seriously speaking, if the japanese could find a way to write their language in an easier way, they should. I know this is a terrible idea culturally speaking, but in terms of pragmatism it isn't.

Look at korea and how they were able to do it, why is this impossible for japan? I mean I know there are many homophones and the like, but if a system was developed specifically to avoid issues, why shouldn't it be implemented?
For me personally I don't agree with it,,,did you try to ask a japanese how does he feel about it, because if anyone is to ask me to drop my language for his own convinence then I would simply tell him that "his convinece is his own problem" why should it involve my language....
Having a different language is something special, learn it to feel that speciality, don't be selfish...

"work for your world and living like you will forever live, and work for your hereafter like you'll die tomorrow"
Mohamed (P.B.U.H)