JapanForum.com

JapanForum.com (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/)
-   General Discussion (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/general-discussion/)
-   -   It's been 70 years since (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/general-discussion/41875-its-been-70-years-since.html)

JapaneseLanguageStudent 12-07-2011 04:36 AM

It's been 70 years since

May those fallen Americans rest in peace. Never forget history.

JohnBraden 12-07-2011 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JapaneseLanguageStudent (Post 889275)
May those fallen Americans rest in peace. Never forget history.

And what about all the others? Curious way of expressing yourself on a Japanese-oriented forum....

RustyBlackleford 12-07-2011 10:40 AM

RIP to the American sailors and servicemen (my heart goes out to the Black ones especially) that died during the Pearl Harbor attack. we'll pay tribute to Hiroshima and Nagasaki next time those anniversaries come along. Hell, many of the servicemen of WW2 ended up getting Japanese war brides (the White and Hispanic ones did, at least).

JohnBraden 12-07-2011 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RustyBlackleford (Post 889304)
RIP to the American sailors and servicemen (my heart goes out to the Black ones especially) that died during the Pearl Harbor attack. we'll pay tribute to Hiroshima and Nagasaki next time those anniversaries come along. Hell, many of the servicemen of WW2 ended up getting Japanese war brides (the White and Hispanic ones did, at least).

When Nyororin told you to take your racist banter elsewhere, I'm sure she meant "away from this forum"....

You just don't quit do you?

Sangetsu 12-07-2011 02:49 PM

It is a noteworthy anniversary, and no one can deny that it was Japan that shed the first blood, and so began a conflict which consumed multiple nations and led to the deaths of millions of people.

My grandfather was a soldier serving in the Pacific during the war, he had joined the Army in 1933 when he was only 15 years old. After December 7th, his troop of 52 soldiers was sent to the Philippines. By the end of the war, only two remained alive.

No one should forget what happened on December 7th, 1941. I am surprised there aren't more posts on this thread, but then again, it was a long time ago. Before long people will will forget what happened, and the suffering which occurred, increasing the likelihood that it will happen again at another place and time.

Ryzorian 12-08-2011 03:30 AM

I think many don't post simply to refrain from stirring up trouble on a Japananese forum. I remember, I had a great uncle who was a bomber piolet.

RustyBlackleford, perhaps your problems lie more in your own self admonishment and less about what race you come from? Your a part of the Human race, be you, not a color or a cliche'.

RustyBlackleford 12-08-2011 05:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ryzorian (Post 889348)
I think many don't post simply to refrain from stirring up trouble on a Japananese forum. I remember, I had a great uncle who was a bomber piolet.

RustyBlackleford, perhaps your problems lie more in your own self admonishment and less about what race you come from? Your a part of the Human race, be you, not a color or a cliche'.

Agreed with your first paragraph, and given the posting history of many people here and other japan-themed forums, I think that many of them believe in the Greater Asian Copropperity Sphere or whatever it's called and praise the Japanese for bombing Pearl Harbor. Had a former friend like that in real life. I acknowledge the history and loss of life. As a Black man, I have a bias in favor of my own people, especially knowing that most people belittle us.

pretorius 12-08-2011 04:50 PM

Eternal glory to the brave japanese soldiers! They fought against American imperialism.

dogsbody70 12-09-2011 04:15 PM

we must never forget what happened EVER!!!

trouble is that memories are too short or disinterest in the past means same mistakes repeated eternally.

I could remind the Japanese; who also wished to dominate other countries. Leaders of the Imperial Army Perhaps? Even the Emperor?

Not only Hitler who wanted to dominate the rest of the world. What happened in Vietnam is a dreadful reminder of how Countries will destroy human beings and Land--Have any of you read John Pilgers books? They are eye openers?

Ryzorian 12-10-2011 05:10 AM

Vietnam was France's problem that somehow became America's. I think somebody pulled a fast one there.

pretorius; America is no more imperialist than anybody else has been through the centuries. They just happen to be very good at it presently. Sooner or later somebody else will come along and tell you what to do instead of us, or Russia, or Germany or Britain, or Rome or Babylon or Persia. I mean really, this list could go on for days.