JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
alexy (Offline)
New to JF

In a nutshell, Please, Give me your best small business ideas and projects? - 12-07-2011, 11:42 PM

Hi there,

Precisely and concisely, If you have around 15000 Euros (20000 USD), What would be your best small business ideas to invest this amount in? Or what a small project would you suggest?

Thankfully, I don’t have any debt, car loans nor mortgages.

I know that it is a very small amount of capital to start a business, But can I start anything beneficial with them?

Let's avoid and exclude the suggestions of stock exchange and the interests of the banks. So, What other options do you have in mind?

I would greatly appreciate your valuable thoughts and I am looking forward to hearing from you !
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Ryzorian (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

12-08-2011, 03:36 AM

This is difficult to even consider since "small buisiness venture" could be anything. Hell, some dude got rich by putting fake eyeballs on pepples and selling them as "pet rocks".
(#3 (permalink))
Old
Nameless (Offline)
JF Old Timer

12-08-2011, 05:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryzorian View Post
This is difficult to even consider since "small buisiness venture" could be anything. Hell, some dude got rich by putting fake eyeballs on pepples and selling them as "pet rocks".
Do you have something to prove it?

Also, start a new religion or something, just ask Ron L. Hubbard.
(#4 (permalink))
Old
crime60 (Offline)
JF Regular

Send a message via MSN to crime60
12-08-2011, 06:11 AM

A buy & sell business is what I will start with,,,, for me, it would be cars in particular because I think I am good with them, and they are with our market . You can do so with lots of things like properties or any thing else you feel you are good at, lots of search, good judgment, little maintenance, then selling with profit…
It sounds easy but its not…

"work for your world and living like you will forever live, and work for your hereafter like you'll die tomorrow"
Mohamed (P.B.U.H)
(#5 (permalink))
Old
steel (Offline)
JF Old Timer

12-10-2011, 06:14 AM

Take a look at these ideas:

Springwise | New business ideas, trends and innovation
(#6 (permalink))
Old
Sangetsu (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

12-10-2011, 08:56 AM

$20,000 is peanuts, and it won't be enough to pay for the paperwork involved in setting up a brick-and-mortar business. But it is enough to start an internet-based business.

All businesses are fundamentally the same; they sell products or services. You need to find something that you can buy cheap and then resell for enough money to pay for your overhead and then have something left over.

The first three rules of opening a small business are simple.
Rule number 1, Location.
Rule number 2, Location.
Rule number 2, Location.

In case it's not obvious, location is more important than the product or service you plan to provide. You can have the best product at the best price, but no on will buy it if they can't find it. Conversely, even junk can be sold for a profit if you are selling it from a good location.

Nowadays the internet is the most widely visible place to sell your products or services. There are plenty of ways and places you can promote your products, and using places like eBay or Yahoo is a great way to start.

I started exporting goods from Japan a couple of years ago. I began more or less by accident, and decided that I had found a good way to make a little extra money. In time I learned a little more about what I was doing, and I began to expand my range and market. A little more than a year ago the money I was earning from this business surpassed the income I was making at my job. This year I am making almost double my regular salary. Next year I will make more.

Were I to start over again, I would probably look more at importing goods to Japan rather than exporting. The current exchange rate is more favorable for imports, and the Japanese are as hungry as ever for anything which is made in America or Europe. I export mainly because of tax reasons. My business is based in America, and I get paid in dollars. I get pinched in the exchange rate, but I recover this from money saved in tax.

Opening and running a business is not hard. You just have to put in the thought and energy. At first it can be a little overwhelming, like swimming in the deep end of the pool for the first time. But, if you do things right, and are successful, you quickly gain confidence. The confidence and experience gained can be used to create more opportunities.

Good luck.
(#7 (permalink))
Old
Guza (Offline)
WTF!?

Send a message via AIM to Guza Send a message via MSN to Guza
12-10-2011, 10:46 PM

lol i got an idea for a business, granted someone prolly allready came up with this one, buttttttttttt its called the rage cage, and people would come and and pay you to beat the living sh*t out of random junk objects in your shop. its very effecient, cause the stuff that can be beat up like random house objects, that could allready be broken or easily found in trash or junk yards or something. just make em sign a wavier that if they hurt themselves in the process we are not liable, i like it ^^ but never realy put a whooole lot of thought in it