LinkBack Thread Tools
(#101 (permalink))
Old
james1254 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

06-18-2008, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asakura View Post
Well, in alot of ways it depends on what you want from your body.

I'm 6'4" and 282 lbs. I'm not technially obese but my body fat is higher than it should be.

I'm a fighter so being big all around is both an advantage and disadvantage for me. I push my body to be both strong and fast. But I'm alwas stuggleing with my weight. A fact that makes fighting and living hard. It was alwas beaten in my head that being fat is bad and being anything else is better. So in alot of ways, I'm motivated to be heathy, not for the benefits to my lifespan, but for the help in Martial Arts and the cosmetic benefits.
It might be that quite a bit of your weight is muscle if your a fighter。my BMI is AT risk of being overweight but BMI dosn't take muscle account、Because my body fat percent is much less than at risk of being over weight. The guys with Loads of muscle are technically obese according to BMI So its not that good a system.
(#102 (permalink))
Old
Suki (Offline)
armed with a mind

Send a message via MSN to Suki
06-18-2008, 07:06 PM

Being thin is trendy not only in Japan but all across the world <<<-- not sure if that's the topic anymore xD

everything is relative and contradictory ~
(#103 (permalink))
Old
ShintoCanadianmale (Offline)
JF Old Timer

06-18-2008, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamashita View Post
you all know one thing:

japanese boys and girls are really thin.
they are thinner than western people by nature and also because of food.

but anyway its very trendy to be thin in japan too.
so I ve heard that many japanese girls want to look like their stars and
for looking like them. they would do everthing!
eating disorders or diets are really in common.

what do you think about it?

or do you have other informations?

Japan has low obesity rates and Japanese are naturally thin

crunchyroll.com
(#104 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

06-26-2008, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShintoCanadianmale View Post
Japan has low obesity rates and Japanese are naturally thin
Humans are naturally thin. It's what you put into your body that makes you overweight. As more fatty foods enter the Japanese diet, surprise surprise, you get more overweight Japanese people.
(#105 (permalink))
Old
ducksinhelicopters (Offline)
New to JF

06-26-2008, 09:22 PM

Well it also goes into the idea of environment. I'm a first generation, Kikuyu, and being African, I don't really think there is an issue of weight, at least none that I've experienced. From what I've heard, in Africa, if you are a female that eats a lot then men are more attracted to you because they believe you have a lot of money to be eating so much food XD lol. I'm pretty thin with curves (haha no boobs though), but I eat a lot if anything I think guys in the African culture enjoy curves.

My boyfriend's also chinese/korean and he loves curves (not too much though),lol, but that's because he wasn't raised around the environment of stick thin is the sexy thing, either that or he just doesn't care about what the media portrays as beautiful (in my opinion)
(#106 (permalink))
Old
ducksinhelicopters (Offline)
New to JF

06-26-2008, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
Humans are naturally thin. It's what you put into your body that makes you overweight. As more fatty foods enter the Japanese diet, surprise surprise, you get more overweight Japanese people.
Actually, I believe that obesity can actually be hereditary to a certain extent,come people are not born with quick metabolisms or the rate at which they store fat is lower than that of a regular individual. Diet of course does play a role in the body type of a person but there are some that can't help what they inherit, doesn't mean they'll be obese but it's more likely they'll end up that way.
(#107 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

06-26-2008, 09:41 PM

There may be some genetics involved, but I tend to think people inherit bad eating habits more than bad genes.
(#108 (permalink))
Old
allie2590 (Offline)
I am the White Testament

06-26-2008, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
There may be some genetics involved, but I tend to think people inherit bad eating habits more than bad genes.
I agree with you. I think the bad eating habits actually have something to do with genes though.
(#109 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

06-27-2008, 12:22 AM

Maybe, but it only takes a little bit of sense and education to realize that eating McDonald's three times a week isn't going to help you lose weight.
(#110 (permalink))
Old
Hip (Offline)
JF Regular

Send a message via AIM to Hip Send a message via MSN to Hip Send a message via Yahoo to Hip
06-27-2008, 01:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard View Post
I don't care if girls through food up or whatever after they ate... if it makes them look better then they should do it
but if it dosn't make them look better... well then.. Nevermind'

i know.. that's not what a doctor would say.. well im not a doctor.
lol x.x I can't believe you actually said that. So you would rather be with a girl who has a decaying esophigus and rotting teeth? because women who throw their food up have extreme tooth decay to where they are pulled out and if they have money, replaced with false teeth. Ontop of that they get this bad breath disease(if their eating disorder is really bad) Where they always smell like they are crapping from their mouths....And they raise their risk of throat cancer...

Just so you can say "she's hot"?

You are a pig and make me embarassed to be of the male race.

Hip's DeviantArt Page! - Hip's Music! - Hip's Myspace!╤╦╗
╔╦╤╤╤╤╤╤╦╗