JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#21 (permalink))
Old
cocoluvnihon (Offline)
The"Kewl Otaku" one

Send a message via AIM to cocoluvnihon Send a message via MSN to cocoluvnihon Send a message via Yahoo to cocoluvnihon
05-22-2007, 12:26 AM

I think it's the parent's job to teach their children about having high self esteem and being happy with themselves. It's not the popstars role to preach because their job is to ENTERTAIN, make music, and sell records!
(#22 (permalink))
Old
jasonbvr (Offline)
TrixR4Kidz

05-22-2007, 12:36 AM

I think middle aged Japanese are not so thin. I mean there are not as many overweight people in Japan as say the US. The reason Japanese can eat fatty food and not get fat is that they 1) have little time to eat 2) live very high strung and stressful lives 3) eat lots of rice which is very filling but lower in carbs than say potatoes.
(#23 (permalink))
Old
Demysia (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via MSN to Demysia
05-23-2007, 07:03 AM

Eh it's not only Japan where girls go to such lengths to look like their stars, it happens all over the world.
Thankfully I'm not one of them xD I love to eat *grabs a donut*
Anyway, asians are usually skinny - my dad said something about them having small bones but I'm not sure about that... I haven't heard that before.
The food in Japan is heaps healthy, like sushi ^^ mMMMmm now I'm craving sushi.>w<

(#24 (permalink))
Old
xYinniex (Offline)
Quit yo' jibber jabber!

05-23-2007, 09:33 AM

yeah, i visited hong kong recently, theylike flat chest, flat stomahc, skinny twigs and no fat. seriously. but the sad thing is, i read an article on how they all use this new technology called break and burn which make then not have a appetite and go to toilet alot. apprently. and even songs in HK talk about men liking stick thin women.

it's quite sad really cuz they just wanna wear nice clothes really, but the thing is, they don't wear the clothes, the clothes wear them, because it just hangs on their shoulders...

"I'm sorry, but i must have given you the impression that I actually care about your opinions"
(#25 (permalink))
Old
Demysia (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via MSN to Demysia
05-23-2007, 10:10 AM

Ew I know, it's disturbing to look at ~_~

(#26 (permalink))
Old
Sophieneechan (Offline)
JF Old Timer

05-23-2007, 10:49 AM

Yeah, like some of the girls in my class..

Sophie
(#27 (permalink))
Old
Gerard (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via MSN to Gerard Send a message via Skype™ to Gerard
05-23-2007, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xYinniex View Post
yeah, i visited hong kong recently, theylike flat chest, flat stomahc, skinny twigs and no fat. seriously. but the sad thing is, i read an article on how they all use this new technology called break and burn which make then not have a appetite and go to toilet alot. apprently. and even songs in HK talk about men liking stick thin women.

it's quite sad really cuz they just wanna wear nice clothes really, but the thing is, they don't wear the clothes, the clothes wear them, because it just hangs on their shoulders...
did u say flat chest .. That is no good!!!
and i can't believe men like sticky women..
thats break and burn.. sure it can be good.. if u really think ure over weight and just wan't to lose some weight.. but theres sure no need to over react on the drug to be so thin that they even look unhealty.
(#28 (permalink))
Old
Sophieneechan (Offline)
JF Old Timer

05-23-2007, 10:57 AM

Well, it's not really that fun to have big boobs..
I wish I had a B-cup instead of a D..

But seriously: being thin isn't everything!

Sophie
(#29 (permalink))
Old
Celia (Offline)
New to JF

05-23-2007, 11:24 AM

Asian women are said to have more fat compared to western woman.
To be thin, these girls eat alot and alot to make themselves seem normal.
But, they throw it all up at home. Quite a waste, really.
And if you ask them.
"omg how can you be so stick thin when you eat so much?"
they would say " oh, i don't know..high metabolism?"

..Let the good times roll..
(#30 (permalink))
Old
Yggdrazzil (Offline)
Gone since 02-08-2007

Send a message via MSN to Yggdrazzil
05-23-2007, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattleninja View Post
It's similar all over the world, I'm sure you realise.

What's amazing is that a lot of Japanese food is quite salty and fatty and also a lot of Japanese people smoke, so why they are so thin is baffling.
I have smoked sigarets for 10 years (1,5-2 packs per day, more if I would have let myself buy more). It messes up your eating rythm. I ate one / two times a day, when I was hungry I would light a sigaret up.

I would wake, up brush teeth, take shower, make food for lunch at school, smoke (no breakfast), smoke 2 or 3 more omw to school, and in during lunchbreaks. Then at the big lunchbreak I would not really be hungry, so I'd throw most of my homemade lunch in the bin, smoke more, at school and on the way back. Eat only half of my dinner, and then smoke a few till I went to bed I was underweight and thin.
Quit for 3 years now though! Im more..fluffy now..meh ><

Long story short, you lose appetite when you smoke on a regular basis. Its not just the smoking itself that;s bad, it's the messed up eating rythm you can get cuz of it too

Bye