New to JF

06-07-2007, 07:30 PM

Looks like a video game. LOL

(#22 (permalink))
Old
Avary_Ninja (Offline)
Semi-competent Ninja

Weapons of the JSDF : M110 SP 203mm howitzer - 06-09-2007, 10:40 PM

The heavy artillery of the JGSDF is the American M110 203mm (8 inch) howitzer, produced locally under licence. Video of JGSDF M110 shooting live ammunition. First the ammunition carrier brings in the HE (High explosive) shells, the gunners the set the fuse and load a shell, followed by the propellant charge (the white bag), and fire. Rinse and repeat.

The M110 Self-propelled 8 inch howitzer

Information:
Designation: M110
Contractor: Pacific Car & Foundry / FMC Corporation / BMY - USA
Country of Origin: United States
Service Year: 1960
Type: 203mm Self-Propelled Gun
Crew: 5 + 8

Performance:
Powerplant: 1 x Detroit Diesel Model 8V-71T turbocharged 2-stroke liquid-cooled 8-cylinder diesel engine generating 405bhp @ 2,300rpm.
Max Speed: 34.8 mph (56 km/h)
Range: 450.5 miles (725 km)
Range of projectile : 17 kilometers

Dimensions:
Length: 24.5 ft (7.467 m)
Width: 10.3 ft (3.149 m)
Height: 9.6 ft (2.93 m)
Weight: 24.3 tons (24,312 kg)

Support Systems:
NBC System: No
Night Vision: Yes - Driver Only

Production Notes:

Developed in the 1950's, the M110 is a large caliber 203mm self-propelled howitzer. Developed about the same time as the M107 Self-Propelled Gun, they each share the same chassis and mounts. The crew is completely exposed to the elements and enemy fire and the system serves up no NBC protection whatsoever. A spade is lowered in the rear of the hull to provide more stabilization when the weapon is fired.

Needless to say, the M110 is still serving in some limited respects in a number of export countries. Modifications to the system have increased it's lifespan somewhat, though the machine remains outdated when compared to the newer breed of SPGs and MLRSs (Multiple Launch Rocket System). The M110 gun system is served by the M548 Ammunition Carrier with also carried the charges and fuses for each projectile.

Japan builds the M110 locally under license. Most M110's have been upgraded worldwide to the M110A2 variant listed below. The US and UK versions of the M110 have been phased out by the MLRS.

"Men, I do not order you to fight; I order you to die". ~ Mustapha Kemal at the Battle of Gallipoli
(#23 (permalink))
Old
einsteinium (Offline)
New to JF

03-29-2010, 02:31 AM

One of the figther that the JSDF should consider is the f-22 raptor for their upgrade!it is averyn nice aircraft
(#24 (permalink))
Old
manganimefan227 (Offline)
星の翼

03-29-2010, 02:52 AM

Japan also has Yaoi, Otakus, cosplayers, fangirls, and weeaboos as weapons!! (Yes, I'm sure the weeaboos will move to defend Japan, sad isn't it?)

My Life Sucks- The kids I babysit have drooled, ripped or drawn on all of the cards and put the cars with the little people in the microwave!

I have no Friends- The cats have scratched and destroyed all of the DVDs!

I always owe someone- In fact I put two os in it!

I always ruin my clothes with Bleach!- The show is so dom suspensful I spill my grape soda on them!

But . . .I'll live.
(#25 (permalink))
Old
xyzone (Offline)
JF Old Timer

03-30-2010, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by einsteinium View Post
One of the figther that the JSDF should consider is the f-22 raptor for their upgrade!it is averyn nice aircraft
Traditional fighter planes are a waste of money and a thing of the past. Unmanned drones are the future.
(#26 (permalink))
Old
termogard (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Post Naval Forces of Japan - 04-04-2010, 04:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avary_Ninja View Post
The heavy artillery of the JGSDF is the American M110 203mm (8 inch) howitzer, produced locally under licence.

Good thread. Please, post something about modern Japanese NAVY.