JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
AG120 (Offline)
New to JF

International marriage in Japan, this is who Japanese choose to marry with - 02-27-2015, 10:54 AM

Source

Quote:
skipped....

Now take a look at this statistic data [ this is not a poll, survey or other kind of data like that but a real number data ] of marriages in Japan taken from the Japanese national statistic bureau [ marriages by marriage order and nationality of bride and groom : Japan ]. Based on the data, over 96% Japanese are married with other Japanese, as for the around 4% of the Japanese who are not married with other Japanese :
- Over 96% of the Japanese guys prefer other Asian girls.
- Over 60% of the Japanese girls prefer other Asian guys.

The only data that can be used to see what Japanese find to be appealing about someone's appearance is the statistic of the Japanese guys marriages who are not married with Japanese girls. That is because the main criteria for guys who want to marry is the girl's attractiveness [ beauty ], morals [ virginity, manners, etc ], financial status [ wealth ]. While the main criteria of marriage for girls is the guy's kindness [ how much the guy will protect her, take care of her, etc ], financial status [ how much wealth the guy have ], attractiveness [ how much appealing the guy is to her ]. There is also another factor why the statistic from the girl side can't be used which is "marriage age limitation", in most part of the world especially in Asia the maximum age for girls to feel the pressure of marriage is 25 years old, when a girl's age are over 25 years old they usually become more desperate to marry which caused them to loosen their marriage criteria. So the first criteria for guys to marry girls is how attractive the girls appearance are while for girls is how kind the guy is.
The data which shows over 96% [ of below the 4% Japanese guys who are not married with Japanese girls ] who prefer other Asian girls are very similar to the data of the over 96% Japanese guys who prefer to marry with Japanese girls. This shows that even when not marrying with Japanese girls, Japanese guys marry other girls still based on their appearance who are similar to Japanese girls that Japanese guys find to be attractive.

skipped....

A few things you need to know about the statistic data is :
1. The "over 96% Japanese married with other Japanese" mean that over 96% Japanese guys marry with Japanese girls while over 96% Japanese girls marry with Japanese guys, this mean that the real number of Japanese guys who marry with Asian girls is over 99,6% while the real number of Japanese girls who marry with Asian guys is over 98,2% because Japanese are also Asians.
2. The small number of westerners who live in Japan is not the reason why there are much less Japanese who marry with westerners. Take a look at this statistic data, where in 2012 from the Asian side there are 1.425.705 Asians who live in Japan with 1,2% of them married with Japanese, while from the western side there are 302.838 westerners who live in Japan with 0,7% of them married with Japanese.
3. The data is from 2012, but even so the current trend shows that the number of Japanese who are not married with other Japanese is upward for other Asians while downward for westerners.
4. The data of the Japanese who are not married with other Japanese, from the Asian side the countries is China, Korea, Philippine and Thailand while from the western side is u.s.a, u.k, Peru and Brazil. It is well noted that Peru and Brazil are not really western countries so the actual number of Japanese who marry with westerners are much more smaller but many peoples in Peru and Brazil look like westerners while the majority of them look like native american or latin.

skipped....
I skipped many of the information, what do you all think? Is this what you have been expecting of occuring in Japan to this day or this information is a shock to you?

Last edited by AG120 : 03-06-2015 at 09:42 AM.
(#2 (permalink))
Old
RadioKid (Offline)
Native Japanese

Send a message via Yahoo to RadioKid
02-27-2015, 01:07 PM

Most of Japanese people tend to marry with Japanese people. I think it is natural considering the language barrier.

Japanese Language has high functionality to understand each other and it is very tough for Japanese people to learn other language in such level so as to understand each other with foreign people. It is also very tough to learn Japanese language for foreign people in such level so as to understand each other with Japanese people.

When I had married with my wife (native Japanese girl), I could not speak English enough to communicate with foreign people though I could read and write English to some degree. I started speak English for my job over ten years after my marriage. I mean young Japanese has not enough English skill
before his/her suitable age for marriage.

However (to my surprise), I found some international couples without frequent communication between them. I might be too old to discuss about marriage. The situation could be changed during my decades of marriage.

Language makes Culture and Culture makes Language.

Links to Japan forum Tips :
1) How to remove spam massages on you screen
2) How to post Youtube movies or Pictures

... and
Ask professional translator for your business work. You can not get useful business resources for free.
(#3 (permalink))
Old
ironman711 (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via Yahoo to ironman711 Send a message via Skype™ to ironman711
03-05-2015, 01:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AG120 View Post
Source

I skipped many of the information, what do you all think? Is this what you have been expecting of occuring in Japan to this day or this information is a shock to you?
what race are you just wondering??

hello everyone
(#4 (permalink))
Old
annachiu (Offline)
New to JF

03-27-2015, 02:04 AM

I am getting marry soon with a Japan guy and, yes, I am an Asian.

In Hong Kong there is quite a big group of Japanese living here. I think one of the reason they are not marrying with foreigners is because of the collective culture of Japanese. They always sticks with the same group of people.

Of course, I don't think typical Hong Kong girls matches with typical Japanese guys as the status of females in Hong Kong is so high (can say that it's higher than guys, because of the British "ladies first" culture may be?) I did took some time to make my fiance to be a "gentleman" in Hong Kong girls mind and he is perfectly a gentleman now :P

I was living overseas for years and Hong Kong is really an international city. To make a relationship work out between different cultural background, I do think the person should put more effort than the others, and need to be very open-minded.

My fiancee lived in Japan for almost 30 years. His English was not that good but he really put a lot of effort to improve. He thought his English was good before he came to Hong Kong but he understood the reality after coming. He put a lot of effort to learn better English. Most of the time we speak in English now. To communicate with our parents, he is learning Mandarin and of course I am learning Japanese too.

The other point is open-minded. Although he was living in Japan since birth, his world knowledge is good. We can discuss the news around the world and he understands, and most importantly, respects and accepts different cultures (except the Chinese cultures, so as me :P)

To make a relationship works out don't just rely on the language, most important part is how to understand and accept some cultural difference....

Anna Anna