JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#11 (permalink))
Old
RadioKid (Offline)
Native Japanese

Send a message via Yahoo to RadioKid
05-01-2015, 03:22 PM

(1) What kind of railway pass allows me to take Odakyu Limited Express "Romancecar" from Shinjuku to Hakone?

I don't know. Follow the link I posted before.

(2) What JR Pass should I buy for going from Hakone (箱根) to Kamakura (鎌倉) and Enoshima (江之島)?

I don't know. Find it in JR English page. I don't think JR has discount ticket for ODAWARA to Fujisawa. Normal fare would be around 600 JPY.

(3) Does such JR Pass cover from Kamakura (鎌倉) to Enoshima (江之島) by Enoshima-Dentetsu (江之島電鉄)?

I don't think so. Find it in JR pages for sure.

(4) What other places will such JR Pass cover?

I don't know. Find it in JR pages.

Language makes Culture and Culture makes Language.

Links to Japan forum Tips :
1) How to remove spam massages on you screen
2) How to post Youtube movies or Pictures

... and
Ask professional translator for your business work. You can not get useful business resources for free.
(#12 (permalink))
Old
RadioKid (Offline)
Native Japanese

Send a message via Yahoo to RadioKid
05-02-2015, 12:29 AM

In general, if you go around all over Japan using JR, you have much better to use JAPAN RAILROAD PASS which cost you over 200 US$ but you can save much money for JR fare. Every foreign visitors should learn about this in detail in advance.

As JAPAN RAILROAD PASS is only for foreign visitors, I have never used it unfortunately.

Then, if you move around KAMAKURA and ENOSHIMA area riding ODAKYU several times, ODAKYU AREA PASS might be useful to save money.

But I'm afraid you can not save money by using ODAKYU AREA PASS. Instead, I strongly recommend getting and using SUICA : Re-chargeable prepaid card.

SUICA is much convenient than credit card in Japan. I can live on SUICA for several days without money. I can ride most of all transport system, eat/drink, use vendor machine and buy books or other staff using SUICA supported machine/shop.

Also, you can refund the unused charge in SUICA before leaving Japan. Learn it in detail at SUICA page of JR.

Language makes Culture and Culture makes Language.

Links to Japan forum Tips :
1) How to remove spam massages on you screen
2) How to post Youtube movies or Pictures

... and
Ask professional translator for your business work. You can not get useful business resources for free.

Last edited by RadioKid : 05-02-2015 at 12:43 AM. Reason: ADDED SUICA LOGO