LinkBack Thread Tools
(#111 (permalink))
Old
Hikikomori (Offline)
JF Regular

06-12-2008, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayci View Post
I've always been that way- into other cultures. Before Japan, it was china and sweden. :/
I don't understand why everyone seems to be s intp sweden and swedish, forgetting all about Norway : ( It doeasn't really matter, but I have noticed a lot of people talking about sweden, wanting a swedish friend, wanting an Au pair from sweden and so on, forgetting that Sweden and Norway could have been one country. I have often wondered why Sweden seems to be more attractive than Norway )

紀元直して来いよ来いよ、俺らの家まで
(#112 (permalink))
Old
Hikikomori (Offline)
JF Regular

06-12-2008, 08:52 PM

I read the wapanese link thingy now, for the first time. And the person writing it was exaggerating ALOT, and he/she was very rude. I also sat down and answered what looked like a quiz at the beginning and then finding out that "if you answer yes to one of these questions, you are a waggi gay tard" - or something.. hah, and that just made med realize that the person writing it was full of bullshit and that he had just written down his OWN opinion about what wapanese is, not speaking generally about what a wapanese is considered to be.

And about "making a peace sign with your fingers when someone take a picture of you" - thats not "Japanese" at all. Here in norway every girl put up that peace sign when someone take a picture of them. It was and stil is very popular doing so. I never did though because i think it look stupid, and I think it look stupid when japanese girls do it too.

I have never in my whole life wished to be japanese, I only want to be a guest to the japanese culture one year at a time, joining what seems so natural for them. There are many things that I want to try. Like eating a obento, sitting on a tatami floor(seeing a tatami floor), wearing a kimono, eating ramen and curry, sharing my obento with a boy i like, drinking sake, take out my futon from a closet when I'm going to sleep and then put it in the closet again when i wake up..blabla. And I realize that It's just my imagination that this things are so great. Because all the anime i watch and all the movies and all the stuff I find on the internet is making it sound so nice. And I know that sitting on a tatami floor ain't that great. But we don't have any of that stuff in Norway. So I want to live in japan, for one year, live like a japanese person just because I'm not a japanese person, I want to see how they live, feel what it's like, and it's so exciting just because i'm not used to it.

And I suck when it comes to reaching my point, I still feel like I haven't reached it, and that you wouldn't understand what I mean...dame desu

紀元直して来いよ来いよ、俺らの家まで
(#113 (permalink))
Old
MissMisa (Offline)
Fashion, Games + Art Mod.

06-12-2008, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hikikomori View Post
I read the wapanese link thingy now, for the first time. And the person writing it was exaggerating ALOT, and he/she was very rude. I also sat down and answered what looked like a quiz at the beginning and then finding out that "if you answer yes to one of these questions, you are a waggi gay tard" - or something.. hah, and that just made med realize that the person writing it was full of bullshit and that he had just written down his OWN opinion about what wapanese is, not speaking generally about what a wapanese is considered to be.

And about "making a peace sign with your fingers when someone take a picture of you" - thats not "Japanese" at all. Here in norway every girl put up that peace sign when someone take a picture of them. It was and stil is very popular doing so. I never did though because i think it look stupid, and I think it look stupid when japanese girls do it too.

I have never in my whole life wished to be japanese, I only want to be a guest to the japanese culture one year at a time, joining what seems so natural for them. There are many things that I want to try. Like eating a obento, sitting on a tatami floor(seeing a tatami floor), wearing a kimono, eating ramen and curry, sharing my obento with a boy i like, drinking sake, take out my futon from a closet when I'm going to sleep and then put it in the closet again when i wake up..blabla. And I realize that It's just my imagination that this things are so great. Because all the anime i watch and all the movies and all the stuff I find on the internet is making it sound so nice. And I know that sitting on a tatami floor ain't that great. But we don't have any of that stuff in Norway. So I want to live in japan, for one year, live like a japanese person just because I'm not a japanese person, I want to see how they live, feel what it's like, and it's so exciting just because i'm not used to it.

And I suck when it comes to reaching my point, I still feel like I haven't reached it, and that you wouldn't understand what I mean...dame desu
That whole Wapanese article is supposed to be a joke.
(#114 (permalink))
Old
Hikikomori (Offline)
JF Regular

06-12-2008, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissMisa View Post
That whole Wapanese article is supposed to be a joke.
So that is supposed to be a matter of course? I understand that it isn't a serious article, but some people, many people do agree with that article, also in this thread.

紀元直して来いよ来いよ、俺らの家まで
(#115 (permalink))
Old
MissMisa (Offline)

06-12-2008, 10:47 PM

Quote:
So that is supposed to be a matter of course? I understand that it isn't a serious article, but some people, many people do agree with that article, also in this thread.
I don't think they agree with the way the article is formed [which is obviously in a very negative manner.]

I think some native Japanese people and those who are truly interested in Japanese culture may be slightly annoyed by the number of people who are completely misguided about Japan in relation to anime and manga. It seems that that is their extent of the agreement with that article.
(#116 (permalink))
Old
Hikikomori (Offline)
JF Regular

06-12-2008, 10:53 PM

Quote:
I don't think they agree with the way the article is formed [which is obviously in a very negative manner.]

I think some native Japanese people and those who are truly interested in Japanese culture may be slightly annoyed by the number of people who are completely misguided about Japan in relation to anime and manga. It seems that that is their extent of the agreement with that article.

Well that is even annoying me. If people want to move to Japan just because of anime and manga, they can visit japan as tourists for 2-3 weeks instead. I love manga end anime myself though, but that is probably 1 of 100 reasons for why I would visit/move to japan someday.

紀元直して来いよ来いよ、俺らの家まで
(#117 (permalink))
Old
MissMisa (Offline)

06-12-2008, 10:58 PM

Quote:
Well that is even annoying me. If people want to move to Japan just because of anime and manga, they can visit japan as tourists for 2-3 weeks instead. I love manga end anime myself though, but that is probably 1 of 100 reasons for why I would visit/move to japan someday.
Yeah. Personally, it doesn't bother me so much. As far as I'm concerned they can like what they like, and these people tend to be very young and are only just discovering Japan, such as 12-13 year olds [not wanting to stereotype them too much, however, I hate it when people make assumptions based on my age.] And I'm glad that they made it on here, because there are a lot of people with experiances of Japan so they are able to point them in the right direction.

I'm not a super fan of Japan, I just have a casual interest in some of the things over there, at the moment it is particularly the language which I want to learn for business purposes but I'm finding it difficult to get a course.

I love it where I am so it would be very unlikely I would attempt to move somewhere completely different such as Japan.

Oh and, a lot of these people live in America. They probably have the second most amount of anime and manga, second only to Japan. So I don't know what they complain about really, England and other places don't really have anything, if that's all they are interested in anyway.
(#118 (permalink))
Old
Kajitsu (Offline)
Is a very strange fruit.

06-12-2008, 10:59 PM

God, that article is discriminatory!

I guess I need to stop making peace signs when people are taking pictures of me. I don't mean to be making statements with it...

Avatar credit to Tejou from Digik Designs
(#119 (permalink))
Old
MissMisa (Offline)

06-12-2008, 11:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kajitsu View Post
God, that article is discriminatory!

I guess I need to stop making peace signs when people are taking pictures of me. I don't mean to be making statements with it...
I don't even know if the peace sign originated from Japan, I'm quite sure it didn't. I thought it started in England with the V for Victory during the war.
(#120 (permalink))
Old
Kajitsu (Offline)
Is a very strange fruit.

06-12-2008, 11:14 PM

Quote:
I don't even know if the peace sign originated from Japan, I'm quite sure it didn't. I thought it started in England with the V for Victory during the war.
Thank you for saying that.

Avatar credit to Tejou from Digik Designs