JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#141 (permalink))
Old
manganimefan227 (Offline)
星の翼

05-24-2008, 08:04 PM

Wow . . .O.o

My Life Sucks- The kids I babysit have drooled, ripped or drawn on all of the cards and put the cars with the little people in the microwave!

I have no Friends- The cats have scratched and destroyed all of the DVDs!

I always owe someone- In fact I put two os in it!

I always ruin my clothes with Bleach!- The show is so dom suspensful I spill my grape soda on them!

But . . .I'll live.
(#142 (permalink))
Old
Ronin4hire (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

05-25-2008, 03:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noodle View Post
Okay, first of all. I'm not trying to convince you of anything, I wasn't even talking to you; I was simply replying to what MMM said.

Secondly, I am only repeating what EXPERTS are saying, so you really ought to check your fact's before you come and say something like that. What's worse, you actually think that volcano's need to erupt to produce CO2? haha. that's a great one...

Thirdly, You don't even know what lifestyle I have, so please don't even bother bringing your assumptions to the table.

Fourthly, When did I say that we shouldn't invest in "green" energy. The only time I mentioned green energy was to say that it isn't as green as most people think... I'm not against green energy when it involves the environment, but talking about green energy in the same sentence as global warming, is ridiculous in my opinion!!!

I've heard no expert that tows your line apart from the ones sponsored by American corporate sponsored thinktanks. The ones that suspiciously have an invested interest in maintaining the status quo. They MAY be valid but untill a university, government research department or other non-aligned intellectual institution comes to the same conclusion then I will not take a word any of these guys say seriously.

OK... perhaps you got me with the volcanoes... but you will have to clarify the statement that volcanoes produce more CO2 than anything man made in relation to the fact that humans do not contribute significantly to global warming. Do you mean everything manmade? And does that rule out mankinds contribution? And is CO2 the only think we're concerned about?

With your "thirdly" I said people LIKE you... as in people who tow YOUR line. Now that we've clarified that I suggest you stop taking things so personally.

Concerning your fourth point... I said renewable energy and green INITIATIVES. These include at a political level which in this country at least, has corporations up in arms threatening to take their businesses offshore if such INITIATIVES are implemented. The views you hold are being used by these people to try and block these INITIATIVES by discrediting what the experts (that I find are credible) are saying. What I was saying was that there are other reasons apart from global warming which these INITIATIVES serve our interest. (i.e. I was making a point which reinforces my position rather than countering anything you were saying... though I suppose I should've made that clearer)
(#143 (permalink))
Old
noodle (Offline)
Wo zhi dao ni ai wo

05-25-2008, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin4hire View Post
I've heard no expert that tows your line apart from the ones sponsored by American corporate sponsored thinktanks. The ones that suspiciously have an invested interest in maintaining the status quo. They MAY be valid but untill a university, government research department or other non-aligned intellectual institution comes to the same conclusion then I will not take a word any of these guys say seriously.

OK... perhaps you got me with the volcanoes... but you will have to clarify the statement that volcanoes produce more CO2 than anything man made in relation to the fact that humans do not contribute significantly to global warming. Do you mean everything manmade? And does that rule out mankinds contribution? And is CO2 the only think we're concerned about?

With your "thirdly" I said people LIKE you... as in people who tow YOUR line. Now that we've clarified that I suggest you stop taking things so personally.

Concerning your fourth point... I said renewable energy and green INITIATIVES. These include at a political level which in this country at least, has corporations up in arms threatening to take their businesses offshore if such INITIATIVES are implemented. The views you hold are being used by these people to try and block these INITIATIVES by discrediting what the experts (that I find are credible) are saying. What I was saying was that there are other reasons apart from global warming which these INITIATIVES serve our interest. (i.e. I was making a point which reinforces my position rather than countering anything you were saying... though I suppose I should've made that clearer)
If I'm honest with you, I have to say that it's actually the oposite... The majority of people holding your view are convinced by "American corporate sponsored thinktanks" as you put it... The EXPERTS i've seen are some of the best Dr's, Prof's and researchers etc... On the other hand, a lot of this "humans are destroying the world" comes from people that don't seem have any real scientific background, ie. Al Gore... I find it strange how in 10 years, there have been a ridiculous amounts of "experts" on climitology and geology etc. If you're able to watch a program called The great global warming swindle. If not, I'll try post some articles.

What I mean by Volcano's thing is, if you take all the CO2 created by humans; from Car's to factories etc, you will find we create far far less than volcano's. I hope that makes it clearer... If you don't believe that, then let's add the oceans and animals and plants... Fallen dead leafs around the world create far far far... far more CO2 than anything human. This is why I was replying to MMM's post by saying what would reducing 1% (of course this is a guess) of overall CO2, change?

I'm aware that you didn't mean ME personally... But I find it funny how people use those kind of arguments to justify why people believe a certain thing... How would you like it if I said, people that take your line of thought usually take it because without all this Global Warming business, you'd be unemployed?... It's an assumption. You probably have nothing to do with any Global Warming groups, but that statement is exactly the same as yours... it's assuming something about the other party in order to try and disprove someones views...

For the last part, no real comment apart from this global warming thing has become Global, therefore I doubt businesses can say or do that anymore. lol. I wouldn't even disagree with the rest. Keeping this planet clean is never a bad thing and I hope we don't destroy the planet... I'm just not a fan of this humans are warming up the planet. I can't say that I'm sure about either side, but I really really doubt your side! It just seems tooo simple and unlikely when considering other things.

Last edited by noodle : 05-25-2008 at 07:45 AM.
(#144 (permalink))
Old
fluffy0000 (Offline)
FJ to JF

wrong again - 05-25-2008, 03:31 PM

Business does not operate in a vaccum risks are mitigated and plans wether economic or environmental such as Co2 emissions are factored into the 'cost of doing business.' According to a 2005 report from the Association of British Insurers, limiting carbon emissions could avoid 80% of the projected additional annual cost of tropical cyclones by the 2080s.[ A June 2004 report by the Association of British Insurers declared "Climate change is not a remote issue for future generations to deal with. It is, in various forms, here already, impacting on insurers' businesses now."
(#145 (permalink))
Old
iloverenatenten (Offline)
Hoked_on_Nyphetamine

05-27-2008, 04:39 PM

sorry i was just interested in what he had to say

PS thundra ur quote i really mean

Those who can live on nothing have nothing to live for.
(#146 (permalink))
Old
星の翼

05-27-2008, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloverenatenten View Post
sorry i was just interested in what he had to say

PS thundra ur quote i really mean
Aw *pats on the back* Sticks and stones can break your bones but words will never hurt you.

My Life Sucks- The kids I babysit have drooled, ripped or drawn on all of the cards and put the cars with the little people in the microwave!

I have no Friends- The cats have scratched and destroyed all of the DVDs!

I always owe someone- In fact I put two os in it!

I always ruin my clothes with Bleach!- The show is so dom suspensful I spill my grape soda on them!

But . . .I'll live.
(#147 (permalink))
Old
iloverenatenten (Offline)
Hoked_on_Nyphetamine

05-27-2008, 10:28 PM

thanx i need that

Those who can live on nothing have nothing to live for.
(#148 (permalink))
Old
clairebear (Offline)

06-19-2008, 06:06 PM

I was watching the news and apparently Scotland's mountains are "feeling the effect of climate change"

:/
(#149 (permalink))
Old
星の翼

06-20-2008, 02:23 AM

I was watching the news this moring and they were blaming floods and severe weathr we were having on global warming.