LinkBack Thread Tools
(#11 (permalink))
Old
SakuranoNamida (Offline)
New to JF

08-07-2007, 01:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthrax View Post
I don't think that you can ever have too many piercings. But a lot of people don't know about wearing their piercings in moderation. I know for a fact that my piercings would offend some people (Not the ones in my ears but my lip piercing with a chain running from my ear.) So being somewhat considerate I don't always wear piercings in my piercings like if I go out to eat. I've actually had people some tables away gag when they watch me eat.

i know but for me at least I feel i'm satisfied but if anybody else likes to have many then it's fine by me there's no need to judge anyones likings that what i always say
(#12 (permalink))
Old
Anthrax (Offline)
New to JF

08-07-2007, 01:48 AM

Exactly but not a lot of people are as excepting as you lol. And I know what you mean by satisfied. Every time I go to get a new piercing it's like euphoric. Most people don't get that when I talk to them. (When I talk to people at all, I guess I intimidate them a little)

I have no signature.
(#13 (permalink))
Old
SakuranoNamida (Offline)
New to JF

08-07-2007, 02:09 AM

Quote:
Exactly but not a lot of people are as excepting as you lol. And I know what you mean by satisfied. Every time I go to get a new piercing it's like euphoric. Most people don't get that when I talk to them. (When I talk to people at all, I guess I intimidate them a little)
well that sucks i got alot of crap fom my parents when i pierced my ears but they learned to respect it.
I hate it cause many people that don't understand just base their thoughts on what others say and that's sad.
(#14 (permalink))
Old
Laine (Offline)
とび魚

Send a message via MSN to Laine
08-07-2007, 02:13 AM

I don't understand how piercings can offend people... I suppose extremely conservative old ladies would be offended?

Anyway, I just have three piercings in each ear. I'm laying low on adding more for now, since a few weeks ago my cartilage became infected and it was such a burden to deal with (hospital, antibiotics, swollen face, etc). I want to get a tattoo or a few when some meaningful image comes into my life. I'm hesitant toward body mods, though, since they're permanent and I just don't think they'd look too good on me. Besides all that, I'm planning on working in business, so I'd only want to get something that's easy to hide under a business suit.

(#15 (permalink))
Old
Anthrax (Offline)
New to JF

08-07-2007, 02:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laine View Post
I don't understand how piercings can offend people... I suppose extremely conservative old ladies would be offended?

Anyway, I just have three piercings in each ear. I'm laying low on adding more for now, since a few weeks ago my cartilage became infected and it was such a burden to deal with (hospital, antibiotics, swollen face, etc). I want to get a tattoo or a few when some meaningful image comes into my life. I'm hesitant toward body mods, though, since they're permanent and I just don't think they'd look too good on me. Besides all that, I'm planning on working in business, so I'd only want to get something that's easy to hide under a business suit.
It only gets offensive to people when they drag my race into it. Because I'm black, a lot of the black community will play the whole "You're trying to act white etc. etc." card. I still don't see how that would offend them but they say things like I'm a disgrace to the black race because I don't fit their stereotype of what a black person should be. And sometimes it's the other way around,hearing this from non-blacks. And yeah I agree with you on the tattoos having meaning. So many teens go out and get one because other teens have them. The first tattoo that I get will most likey be a tribal tattoo. And I understand with the business thing which is why I'm careful when I choose what piercing I'm getting. For instance a septum (bull ring) piercing that I'm going to be getting soon can be flipped up for things like work and other formal occasions where piercings would be inappropiate. Awhile back I still didn't see how my piercings were offensive to other people but when I asked the most common answer I got was because "It wasn't considerate of other peoples' feelings/beliefs" that type thing. But the people who say that when I ask back "Don't you think making me take off my piercings because you don't like them is inconsiderate?" are the ones who turn up their noses and walk the other way. (Sorry for the wall-o-text //_s)

I have no signature.
(#16 (permalink))
Old
Anthrax (Offline)
New to JF

08-07-2007, 02:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SakuranoNamida View Post
well that sucks i got alot of crap fom my parents when i pierced my ears but they learned to respect it.
I hate it cause many people that don't understand just base their thoughts on what others say and that's sad.
Yeah, but unfortunately without these generalizations society really wouldn't be going anywhere. My parents said no more piercings 'till I'm 18. Five years is a long time to wait but I can do it. But pretty much everything I do gets me a lot of crap from my parents.

I have no signature.
(#17 (permalink))
Old
lpdirufangirl09 (Offline)
Gaijin Zombie Hero

Send a message via AIM to lpdirufangirl09
08-07-2007, 02:36 AM

hey, check out my tattoo project.
here

I'll bloom as the poison flower
and become the flower that blooms again.

(#18 (permalink))
Old
Anthrax (Offline)
New to JF

08-07-2007, 02:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpdirufangirl09 View Post
hey, check out my tattoo project.
here
That's a very nifty idea. These are the types of tattoos people should get: One's with meaning. I'm a very crappy artist and I know for a fact that 8 year olds can draw better than me so as much as I'd like to sketch it I can't. I could find someone else with much more expertise (One of my tattooist guild mates) to see what they can sketch up for you if you'd like?

I have no signature.
(#19 (permalink))
Old
lpdirufangirl09 (Offline)
Gaijin Zombie Hero

Send a message via AIM to lpdirufangirl09
08-07-2007, 02:54 AM

Quote:
That's a very nifty idea. These are the types of tattoos people should get: One's with meaning. I'm a very crappy artist and I know for a fact that 8 year olds can draw better than me so as much as I'd like to sketch it I can't. I could find someone else with much more expertise (One of my tattooist guild mates) to see what they can sketch up for you if you'd like?
i'd be so very appreciative.

I'll bloom as the poison flower
and become the flower that blooms again.

(#20 (permalink))
Old
Anthrax (Offline)
New to JF

08-07-2007, 03:01 AM

Alright, I'll see if one of them could draw up a sketch.

I have no signature.