JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Kenpachi11 (Offline)
高校生

Sandoo, Let's go to school - 02-01-2009, 03:00 AM

ok i just have a sudden urge to watch it again and i am. its a korean drama. have you seen it? the one who is the star of the show is the korean singer Bi Rain.

Live life to its fullest!

27-year-old Sang Doo shows us his way to live his life to the fullest, even in times of adversity. Sang Doo was put in jail for fighting with a man who tried to pick on his first love, Eun Hwan. Eun Hwan's mother had run off with the neighbor's money, and the neighbors came to take all their furniture and belongings. The man starts walking off with a phonograph that belonged to Eun Hwan's dead father. Sang Doo, sees her misery, runs after the man and tries to steal it back. However, through that process the man is pushed into a lake and drowns.

Eun Hwan does not know this, and leaves with her mother. Sang Doo returns from jail to find Eun Hwan gone and his house empty; his parents abandoned him to move to the states. He drops out of high school to live with his uncle.

Having an ailing daughter, Sang Doo makes money to settle the medical bills by working as a boytoy and going out with rich women, most of whom are many years older than him.

One day, when he runs into Eun Hwan again, he knows deep down that she is the one he has been waiting for all his life. To approach Eun Hwan, Sang Doo begins to work as a security guard at the school she works in. Then he became a student after being fired from his security job. He wanted to work at the school because he wanted to see Eun Hwan (whom was a teacher at that school).

2003 KBS Awards: Excellence in Acting (Kong Hyo Jin)
2003 KBS Awards: Best New Actor (Bi)
2003 KBS Awards: Comic Acting Award (Lee Yeong Ha)
2003 KBS Awards: Comic Acting Award (Jung Ae Ri)
2003 KBS Awards: Netizen Award (Bi)
2003 KBS Awards: Netizen Award (Kong Hyo Jin)
2003 KBS Awards: Best Couple Award (Bi and Kong Hyo Jin)

From the sky, To the ground
Rain is falling all around
Thunder rain and wind
A song of storms begins

Play a song, A melody
Then everybody will see
The hero of time
Has come
(#2 (permalink))
Old
YukisUke (Offline)
Konichiwa, bitches

Send a message via AIM to YukisUke Send a message via Yahoo to YukisUke
02-01-2009, 05:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenpachi11 View Post
ok i just have a sudden urge to watch it again and i am. its a korean drama. have you seen it? the one who is the star of the show is the korean singer Bi Rain.

Live life to its fullest!

27-year-old Sang Doo shows us his way to live his life to the fullest, even in times of adversity. Sang Doo was put in jail for fighting with a man who tried to pick on his first love, Eun Hwan. Eun Hwan's mother had run off with the neighbor's money, and the neighbors came to take all their furniture and belongings. The man starts walking off with a phonograph that belonged to Eun Hwan's dead father. Sang Doo, sees her misery, runs after the man and tries to steal it back. However, through that process the man is pushed into a lake and drowns.

Eun Hwan does not know this, and leaves with her mother. Sang Doo returns from jail to find Eun Hwan gone and his house empty; his parents abandoned him to move to the states. He drops out of high school to live with his uncle.

Having an ailing daughter, Sang Doo makes money to settle the medical bills by working as a boytoy and going out with rich women, most of whom are many years older than him.

One day, when he runs into Eun Hwan again, he knows deep down that she is the one he has been waiting for all his life. To approach Eun Hwan, Sang Doo begins to work as a security guard at the school she works in. Then he became a student after being fired from his security job. He wanted to work at the school because he wanted to see Eun Hwan (whom was a teacher at that school).

2003 KBS Awards: Excellence in Acting (Kong Hyo Jin)
2003 KBS Awards: Best New Actor (Bi)
2003 KBS Awards: Comic Acting Award (Lee Yeong Ha)
2003 KBS Awards: Comic Acting Award (Jung Ae Ri)
2003 KBS Awards: Netizen Award (Bi)
2003 KBS Awards: Netizen Award (Kong Hyo Jin)
2003 KBS Awards: Best Couple Award (Bi and Kong Hyo Jin)
This sounds like a romantic comedy/drama. The guy going through all this just to see his crush again. Sweet but pathetic at the same time. What makes him think that she's gonna give him the time of day? Does the movie end well though. I need to ask that question at least.
(#3 (permalink))
Old
Kenpachi11 (Offline)
高校生

02-01-2009, 09:48 PM

it not a movie its a show that has 16 episode and depends on what you think happy ending is. at the end sangdoo and the girl dies together bc they get ran over but in their next life it shows them and they are married and have a kid so in the end they got to be together.

Thunder rain and wind
A song of storms begins

Play a song, A melody
Then everybody will see
The hero of time
Has come
(#4 (permalink))
Old
YukisUke (Offline)
Konichiwa, bitches

02-01-2009, 11:28 PM

Quote:
it not a movie its a show that has 16 episode and depends on what you think happy ending is. at the end sangdoo and the girl dies together bc they get ran over but in their next life it shows them and they are married and have a kid so in the end they got to be together.
Yeah they did... in the afterlife. But I can't see a more perfect ending. Not binded by rules or laws or anyone else for that matter. Just them in their own little world. That is a nice ending.
(#5 (permalink))
Old
YukisUke (Offline)
Konichiwa, bitches

02-01-2009, 11:30 PM

Hey have you ever heard of a manga called Saikano? It's really good if you like romantically depressive things.
(#6 (permalink))
Old
Kenpachi11 (Offline)
高校生

02-02-2009, 02:38 AM

nope but i need to check it out then but you can watch that show on youtube just type it in.

Thunder rain and wind
A song of storms begins

Play a song, A melody
Then everybody will see
The hero of time
Has come
(#7 (permalink))
Old
YukisUke (Offline)
Konichiwa, bitches

02-04-2009, 03:19 AM

Quote:
nope but i need to check it out then but you can watch that show on youtube just type it in.
Thanks. I'll take your advice. Hey, do you recommend any other shows? (Korean or Japanese?)
(#8 (permalink))
Old
Kenpachi11 (Offline)
高校生

02-05-2009, 01:09 AM

there is a korean show called eighteen and in love but i dont think its on youtube. i love that one also and one of the dudes from sangdoo lets go to school is on that one also.

Thunder rain and wind
A song of storms begins

Play a song, A melody
Then everybody will see
The hero of time
Has come
(#9 (permalink))
Old
YukisUke (Offline)
Konichiwa, bitches

02-06-2009, 01:36 AM

Quote:
there is a korean show called eighteen and in love but i dont think its on youtube. i love that one also and one of the dudes from sangdoo lets go to school is on that one also.
Oh it's not? That's okay. I'll try and find another way to see it.
(#10 (permalink))
Old
Kenpachi11 (Offline)
高校生

02-06-2009, 02:36 AM

nope and i just watched a korean drama from the korean group DBSK its funny lol they have it on youtube.

Thunder rain and wind
A song of storms begins

Play a song, A melody
Then everybody will see
The hero of time
Has come