Old
Amnell (Offline)
W.o.W. I'm 66

Send a message via AIM to Amnell Send a message via Skype™ to Amnell
03-19-2008, 01:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramones1976
About anything except Faux news
Do you have any idea how ridiculous "Faux News" sounds? Are you even sure of how "faux" is pronounced? Sorry, I know this is irrelevant to the overall point, but still... (Btw, Fox News is no worse nor better than, say, MSNBC or CNN--they're all made up of biased sons of bitches with no interest in the news, only ratings)

Quote:
The UN and Iraq should be resolving their problems. . . The us has a bad reputation of meddling in others affairs, invading countries, being very secretive, and taking what doesn't belong to them...
Funny, 'cause most of the military/peacekeeping action that has been undertaken by US Armed Forces in the last thirty years was at the behest of the United Nations. So why are you blaming the United States? To my knowledge, the only things we've done with our military since 1975-ish WITHOUT UN direction was Panama (iffy on that one) and Iraq II. I'm not sure at all about Vietnam, but since the French were there before we were, I would imagine that also was a UN thing, which would bump my year back to 1960-ish.

All the bullshit between the U.S.A. and the U.S.S.R. was NATO, not "The US". There were at least a dozen other countries involved in that whole mess, not counting the allies of the USSR.

Quote:
The us should just say in the us and stay the hell out of counties it doesn't belong in.
We did that for a long time. Guess what happened? Japan bombed us--AND ON A FUCKIN' SUNDAY O_O . We stuck to the Monroe Doctrine for a good long time. Even WW1, where we did deploy forces to Europe, was a shortlived mission for the States and we immediately went back to trying to stay out of the affairs of the rest of the world (Johnson organized the League of Nations, then refused to actually join it. Isolationist? I think so). And then Pearl Harbour happened, and we all went, "OKAY! FINE! If you all are just gonna poke and jab us, then we'll be more sociable, JEEZ!"

It's funny that now that we're involved in the world, like everyone seemed to want in the 30's and 40's, they all think we should just keep to ourselves. Jeez, can't you guys make up your mind?

I'm not even going to say anything about 9/11. It's obvious that you're a Loose Change brainwashee, so there's no point in going there.

エヂト:I'd stick around for debate, but I need to leave for my new martial arts class ^_^ Assah!!!

"The trouble with trying to make something idiot proof is that idiots are so smart." ~A corollary to Murphy's Law

If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you; but if you actually make them think, they'll hate you. ~Don Marquis

Quote:
Originally Posted by noodle
But, that's always f-ed up individuals that kill in secluded areas up high in the mountains. Thats neither the army nor the governments agenda! I hope those people rott in hell, but an army or government shouldn't be judged by psycho individuals.

Last edited by Amnell : 03-19-2008 at 01:23 AM.
(#42 (permalink))
Old
chachava (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via MSN to chachava
03-19-2008, 01:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin4hire View Post
It is considered by experts as more powerful and more modern than either the British and French militaries. .

sources/proof etc? I find that very hard to believe...
(#43 (permalink))
Old
Ramones1976 (Offline)

03-19-2008, 01:28 AM

[quote=Amnell;430860]Do you have any idea how ridiculous "Faux News" sounds? Are you even sure of how "faux" is pronounced? Sorry, I know this is irrelevant to the overall point, but still... (Btw, Fox News is no worse nor better than, say, MSNBC or CNN--they're all made up of biased sons of bitches with no interest in the news, only ratings)

Faux is French for false (False news)
In my opinion Fox is way right-wing bias, and inaccurate

(#44 (permalink))
Old
EveV (Offline)
Flee from hate.

Send a message via MSN to EveV Send a message via Yahoo to EveV
03-19-2008, 01:31 AM

[quote=Ramones1976;430867]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amnell View Post
Do you have any idea how ridiculous "Faux News" sounds? Are you even sure of how "faux" is pronounced? Sorry, I know this is irrelevant to the overall point, but still... (Btw, Fox News is no worse nor better than, say, MSNBC or CNN--they're all made up of biased sons of bitches with no interest in the news, only ratings)

Faux is French for false (False news)
In my opinion Fox is way right-wing bias, and inaccurate
Well mostly everyone knows that.

"The sky is cryin...
Can't you see the tears roll down the street?"
- Stevie Ray Vaughan
(#45 (permalink))
Old
Ramones1976 (Offline)

03-19-2008, 01:37 AM

We did that for a long time. Guess what happened? Japan bombed us--AND ON A FUCKIN' SUNDAY O_O . We stuck to the Monroe Doctrine for a good long time. Even WW1, where we did deploy forces to Europe, was a shortlived mission for the States and we immediately went back to trying to stay out of the affairs of the rest of the world (Johnson organized the League of Nations, then refused to actually join it. Isolationist? I think so). And then Pearl Harbour happened, and we all went, "OKAY! FINE! If you all are just gonna poke and jab us, then we'll be more sociable, JEEZ!"

It's funny that now that we're involved in the world, like everyone seemed to want in the 30's and 40's, they all think we should just keep to ourselves. Jeez, can't you guys make up your mind?

I'm not even going to say anything about 9/11. It's obvious that you're a Loose Change brainwashee, so there's no point in going there.

エヂト:I'd stick around for debate, but I need to leave for my new martial arts class ^_^ Assah!!![/quote]

Well I know the us tried to remain neutral from WW1 but Germany attacked us ships with submarines. So I suppose the us tried to stay out of international affairs for a few decades...
So, what difference does it make on a sunday?
I know about the League of nations...

Who the hell are you calling a brainwashee!?
The brainwashee are the ones who thought war and paranoid are justified

(#46 (permalink))
Old
Ramones1976 (Offline)

03-19-2008, 02:15 AM

Funny, 'cause most of the military/peacekeeping action that has been undertaken by US Armed Forces in the last thirty years was at the behest of the United Nations. So why are you blaming the United States? To my knowledge, the only things we've done with our military since 1975-ish WITHOUT UN direction was Panama (iffy on that one) and Iraq II. I'm not sure at all about Vietnam, but since the French were there before we were, I would imagine that also was a UN thing, which would bump my year back to 1960-ish.

All the bullshit between the U.S.A. and the U.S.S.R. was NATO, not "The US". There were at least a dozen other countries involved in that whole mess, not counting the allies of the USSR.

Also Grenada
I wasn't referring to what the UN and US did during the part 30 years, I was talking about now.
Bush went ahead and declared war on Iraq and Afghanistan even though the UN was opposed.

Formally Cambodia, Laos, and Vietnam were know as Indochina, a French colony for 100 years (1857 - 1957).
The French surrendered after years of colonial resistance, and turmoil.
Then the us goes in there all arrogant and pompous (without UN support) that they can put an end to the colonial resistance and stop communism, but by 1975 look how that turned out...
Their weakness was fighting in unfamiliar land against a determined group of inhabitants. Same reason Britain surrendered the 13 colonies
Role of United States in the Vietnam War - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Okay I'm done arguing and debating, this is going off topic, so I'm gonna bail out

(#47 (permalink))
Old
Ramones1976 (Offline)

03-19-2008, 02:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchu View Post
The US has been bombing the middle east constantly since the end of the first Iraq war. Bombing in most countries there. It was not on TV in the US, but it was in the middle east, perhaps you should look into that.
Wow really? 0_0
I thought after the first Iraq war ended and before 2001 the us wasn't bombing the Mideast??

(#48 (permalink))
Old
Tyrien (Offline)
I'm e-vincible.

03-19-2008, 02:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramones1976 View Post
Wow really? 0_0
I thought after the first Iraq war ended and before 2001 the us wasn't bombing the Mideast??
Within months of 9/11 cruise missiles were being launched.

Tyrien.DeviantArt~
As of 08/11/2008 5:33 PM Eastern Standard time I now officially own:
Miyavi, Kyo, Yuusuke, Maya, Gou, Aki, Aoi, Jun, Yusa, Jui, Key, Heechul, Yesung, Riku, Kei, Jyou, Satoshi, Takeru, Sin, Teddyloid, ♀Yooh♂, Reo, Tomoya, Tatsuro, Hitsugi, Kyoharu, Takanori Nishikawa, Jay Chou, Hirokai, Die, Kaoru, Shinya, and Toshiya.
(#49 (permalink))
Old
XrachelleX (Offline)
i hold it not a sin

03-19-2008, 02:45 AM

the americans arnt there to rule the Japanese just so you know. i mean, yes there was the japanese-american war, but they made up and now are on good terms.so i think that they have a right to be there. from what i know, there is a Navy Base in Northern Japan correct? they use that for deployed families and to also represent the bonds they have with that contry.

THE SHINIGAMI CLAN!
pm me if ya wanna be in it

XrachelleX(miyuki)--the death master
emiluvsjmusic(emi)--the humanity taker
SHELKE17(tears of blood)--the tearing heart
auran(Hiugchi)--the cheer taker
NejimaCrazy(Matser X)-sanity destroyer
shinigami13(nemo)-memory hoader
zachart(domogoto killa)-destroyer of light
jene(angel without wings)-blue eyes dragon
court jester of (_) Boring club (_)

(#50 (permalink))
Old
Hyakushi (Offline)
Ikaga desu ka!?

03-19-2008, 03:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNaruto1990 View Post
I don't think that US army is even strong if you wanted the truth, but the USA has enough missles, aircrafts to fight in korea even if it wasn't in Japan, what would be the difference? 2 hours? it won't be more than 1 hour.
The japanese and U.S. military isn't a strong force, the best and most dangerous is the russian military. They have more advanced weapons than the U.S. which is why we try to avoid any conflict with them.

I'm not racist . . . I hate everyone equally.
Closed Thread