LinkBack Thread Tools
(#81 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

04-23-2008, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by girlgamer1984 View Post
And btw... Do research a little before you throw random unintelligent insults as some one. If you do so, then do a better job. I didn't even twitch.
Classic.

But I have decided not to feed this troll.
(#82 (permalink))
Old
Nao (Offline)
JF Regular

04-23-2008, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Was that a downright pathetic attempt at insulting me? Wow you actually mad me laugh. I think I read news daily and know what on earth I am talking about. If you really want to insult some one, then use that squishy thing in your upper story, I just hope for your sake that it is not empty.

I think I do know what I am talking about. I hope you are not an American citizen or some radom fella spewing love in the name of the responsible nation that is US of A. This kind of morbid one-sided love just disgusts me.
Count the number of rapes and murders and acts of vandalism the so-called sane soldiers have shown in Japan. Count the thousands upon thousands of deaths in Iraq and Afghanistan. The usage of cluster bombs in Afghanistan and the chemical weapons in Iraq... I think Japan needs to learn for others before they become the victims of USA's open Tyrany.

And btw... Do research a little before you throw random unintelligent insults as some one. If you do so, then do a better job. I didn't even twitch.
Wow, talk about bias coloring one's views. You're ignorant at best. First, you claim that you "know what [you're] talking about", just because you "read the news." Yes. Because the news shows both sides of the story. Always. You know, because the news doesn't primarily report negative occurrences. They don't overlook good that is done. No. Of course not.

Next, if you would open a damned book for once, you would realize that it's a joint agreement between Japan and the US, post WWII. Our bases are there for their defense, so we can't just abandon post.

Every country has it's war-crimes, you retard. The US, Britain, Iraq, Afghanastan, and yes, Japan.

To name a few on the Japanese front:
-Mass murder
-Experiments on humans and biological warfare
-Use of chemical weapons
-Preventable famine
-Torture of POWs
-Cannibalism - Yes, Cannibalism. Should I explain that one to you? It's eating other people.
-Forced labor
-Comfort women
-Looting
-Rape of Nanking, anyone?

And before someone says "HAH YOU JUST GOT THAT FROM WIKIPEDIA!", yes, I admit I went to Wikipedia. Why? Because it was convenient to get a list there and to make sure I have my facts straight. Unlike -SOME- people, I prefer to at least attempt to be somewhat unbiased.

For your information, not that I should waste my time, the U.S. is not at the top of the charts when it comes to crime, either domestic or international. You seriously must have flunked history, and your "news" source must be seriously biased. That or you're simply taking the worst of things and completely forgetting that which is not at fault, and that which is beneficial.

Do some reading that doesn't have an anti-U.S. slant (i.e., something unbiased) and come back later. You're spewing insults with no backing, you ignorant twerp.

So stop spewing your shit. That's all you're getting, you pathetic troll - go feed somewhere else.

Thank you, and have a nice day.

Would anyone like some pie? I could go for some pie.

-Nao
(#83 (permalink))
Old
Tsuwabuki (Offline)
石路 美蔓

04-24-2008, 12:12 AM

I'm an American. I'm proud of America. I don't live in America because the economy sucks right now and my job opportunities are elsewhere. However, I do send money home, thousands of dollars in fact, so I'm doing my part to help the economy. I feel we are on the verge of a serious American political shift. If Hill and Bamarama can figure out who gets to be the Democratic nominee, we're talking a Democratic President with a Democratic Congress. The policies will be very, very different than they have been under Bush and the GOP. Why must you confuse political decisions with America as a whole?

Oh and, I'm also Irish, so technically, I'm a European too. Let's talk about Europe, shall we? Let's go in reverse. Cold War Soviet Superpower run by a real Megalomaniac who regularly killed his inner cabinet out of paranoia? Thank You, Stalin. Hrm, responsible for both world wars, thank you Prussia/Germany? Hitler, only responsible for millions of civilian deaths including Jews, Homosexuals, Catholics, Jehovah Witnesses, the handicapped or mentally ill. England's subjugation of Ireland and Scotland? Yeah. English, French, Dutch, Spanish colonialism? Yeah. Hundred Years war. Kicking the Muslims out of Spain. The Inquisition. The crusades. The barbarian hordes. The Byzantine Empire. The Roman Empire. The Greek city states.... I just went back oh, several thousand years. America has, what, 250? And our bloodiest war was one we had with ourselves!

I would also like to clarify that the reason we are getting our ass handed to us in Iraq and Afghanistan (and I'm no supporter of the war in Iraq's case certainly) is because on the whole, we are acting a lot a better than we have in the past, and certainly better than the governments of those countries we toppled. We may have gone into Iraq without UN support, but we do not have wanton violations of human rights. We refuse to fight on the terrorist's terms. Every time a US Service member is found to have acted in a way that was inhumane, he or she has gone on trial. In most of the publicised cases, they have been convicted, and are now serving nice, long sentences in Levenworth. I dare you to look up the British Military's numbers. The numbers are quite smaller, owing to the huge disparity of US vs. other coalition troops, however, if you look at the percentage of tried and convicted service members versus acts of torture or inhumane treatment of enemies, the States leads all.

Oh, yeah, and who started the United Nations and the League of Nations? Who poured money into Europe, Japan, Korea to rebuild them after war? Who has a slumping economy because of building projects in those two Middle Eastern countries? Imagine if the US had gone isolationist after WWI or WWII and told Europe and Asia, "Sorry, guys, it's over, we're going home now and taking our toys with us."

I'm not a mindless nationalistic American. I know there are problems with America. As a liberal Democrat, obviously, I'm none too happy with many of the decisions being made. However, I still know my history, and I do believe that an active America has been better for the world overall than an inactive America would have been. If Japan had never attacked Pearl Harbor, Europe might look very, very different today, even if Hitler was eventually stopped. Probably by Stalin.... And that's a scary thought too.

Last edited by Tsuwabuki : 04-24-2008 at 12:19 AM.
(#84 (permalink))
Old
girlgamer1984 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

04-24-2008, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Classic.

But I have decided not to feed this troll.
I would have told you to shut up, but you have done the job yourself.

Quote:
Wow, talk about bias coloring one's views. You're ignorant at best. First, you claim that you "know what [you're] talking about", just because you "read the news." Yes. Because the news shows both sides of the story. Always. You know, because the news doesn't primarily report negative occurrences. They don't overlook good that is done. No. Of course not.

Next, if you would open a damned book for once, you would realize that it's a joint agreement between Japan and the US, post WWII. Our bases are there for their defense, so we can't just abandon post.

Every country has it's war-crimes, you retard. The US, Britain, Iraq, Afghanastan, and yes, Japan.

To name a few on the Japanese front:
-Mass murder
-Experiments on humans and biological warfare
-Use of chemical weapons
-Preventable famine
-Torture of POWs
-Cannibalism - Yes, Cannibalism. Should I explain that one to you? It's eating other people.
-Forced labor
-Comfort women
-Looting
-Rape of Nanking, anyone?

And before someone says "HAH YOU JUST GOT THAT FROM WIKIPEDIA!", yes, I admit I went to Wikipedia. Why? Because it was convenient to get a list there and to make sure I have my facts straight. Unlike -SOME- people, I prefer to at least attempt to be somewhat unbiased.

For your information, not that I should waste my time, the U.S. is not at the top of the charts when it comes to crime, either domestic or international. You seriously must have flunked history, and your "news" source must be seriously biased. That or you're simply taking the worst of things and completely forgetting that which is not at fault, and that which is beneficial.

Do some reading that doesn't have an anti-U.S. slant (i.e., something unbiased) and come back later. You're spewing insults with no backing, you ignorant twerp.

So stop spewing your shit. That's all you're getting, you pathetic troll - go feed somewhere else.

Thank you, and have a nice day.

Would anyone like some pie? I could go for some pie.

-Nao
Go visit the red cross sites and open your eyes. Just because other countries have done the same; this does not make American actions any better. Lol You are so intelligent, or at least you claim to be one. Do I really have to blow the horn about every thing. Of course US is in Japan because of an agreement, why else would they be there? And btw if you do not stop using insulting language I will report you or I will stoop down to the same level and trust me I really have better insults in my mind. I can not believe your mother went through the pain to bring you into this world; how old are you 5? Don't you know how to engage in discussions? I suppose it must be the fault of your upbrining, or maybe this stupidity runs in the family... I don't blame you, you have my sincerest sympathies.

Btw I am entitled to my opinions and you are to yours. Next time if you resort to such insults, you better think twice, because right now I am open to discussions and playing nice.

Light today has dawned on my wooden head.

Last edited by girlgamer1984 : 04-24-2008 at 07:51 AM.
(#85 (permalink))
Old
ivi0nk3y (Offline)
Calm Like A Bomb

04-24-2008, 10:39 AM

Well to be honest, It's hard to be sympathetic with Americans on this one.
No the people aren't the same as their government yet what incidents occur throughout the world because of the American governments greed and lack of value of human life, will ultimately be reflected on their country. You can defend America all you like but at the end of the day, how can you defend yourself to one of those people that have been wronged by an American soldier? They are not likely to think logically if their family has just been wiped out via a bomb and so on. They will just hate America and want it dead. This pattern of prejudice is pretty prevalent through history.
People wronged in such a way aren't going to discriminate whether an American is an "upper class" American or one from a poorer area who is less educated about their government.

So in Japan they see their people being stabbed by American "representatives". It reflects badly on America because those "representatives" have been influenced by America, having grown up there and having learned the values of their country their whole life. If this type of conduct is what the Japanese are made aware of through the news or whatever, then obviously they will think there is an underlying problem with Americans and this will cause their prejudice to flourish.
I'm sure if the Japanese did the same in America, they would be stereotyped the same way.

Now as a by-stander, I can be more receptive toward the fact that there are different types of Americans and not all of them are bad. The fact is though, when threads like these are made, they are made to empathise with the party who has been wronged. If they sound biased, that is the reason why.
Bearing the burden of being branded by a particular people because of others actions is something that goes hand in hand with life. I go through the same thing when a certain crime is outlined and committed by my ethnicity, which I myself would never do. I have to bear it though, as I have been my whole life.

Truth Hurts

LIFE THREATENING
Lifestyles
A HITMAN, A NUN
Lovers

Last edited by ivi0nk3y : 04-24-2008 at 10:48 AM.
(#86 (permalink))
Old
Tsuwabuki (Offline)
石路 美蔓

04-24-2008, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivi0nk3y View Post
I'm sure if the Japanese did the same in America, they would be stereotyped the same way.
They did, and they were. And still are, by many people. Including my maternal grandfather.

December 7th, 1941. Most people know it as "Pearl Harbor."

I certainly don't blame all Japanese, and I personally don't even blame Hirohito or the Imperial Family. I pretty much blame Tojo's shogunate delusions.
(#87 (permalink))
Old
ivi0nk3y (Offline)
Calm Like A Bomb

04-24-2008, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsuwabuki View Post
They did, and they were. And still are, by many people. Including my maternal grandfather.

I certainly don't blame all Japanese, and I personally don't even blame Hirohito or the Imperial Family. I pretty much blame Tojo's shogunate delusions.
Its been a long time since then and such stereotypes about Japan have been almost forgotten by the normal public who weren't effected by it anyway.
I'm sure the A-Bomb will be remembered by the Japanese as well

Truth Hurts

LIFE THREATENING
Lifestyles
A HITMAN, A NUN
Lovers
(#88 (permalink))
Old
noodle (Offline)
Wo zhi dao ni ai wo

04-24-2008, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsuwabuki View Post

I think he was talking about the present. Take yourself back to 1941 and I'm sure the americans hated and blamed all Japanese. So unless you hold a grudge for every crime commited in the past, I don't see why you even mention Pearl Harbour. In fact, I don't see why anyone mentions anything that they didn't live through when it comes to this kind of topic.

Americans might feel hurt and discriminated against, but that is only because certain americans have given others the chance to do that. And I'm sure, in another 50 years or century, it will be another country that will be hated by the world. You're just unlucky to be living through it, but it passes.
(#89 (permalink))
Old
Tsuwabuki (Offline)
石路 美蔓

04-24-2008, 01:32 PM

Notice I said some people do, and clearly stated I do not.

In my experience, there are more people who "hate dem Japs" in America then you appear to realise, especially working-class, less urban areas, and even more so in the south and among older individuals. For my maternal grandfather, it's more than just Pearl Harbor or the war. He was a union man, worked in a tool factory in the fifties and sixties to support his family. I don't agree with his view, but he also saw Japan's rise as a manufacturing powerhouse as deeply threatening, and Japanese products as cheap crap. I know plenty of middle-aged people who have been working the US Auto lines since they were younger than I am now and view the Japanese (and now Korean) vehicle companies as scary, scare competitors. I'm not in any way defending these viewpoints. I'm just saying they exist.
(#90 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

04-24-2008, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Btw I am entitled to my opinions and you are to yours. Next time if you resort to such insults, you better think twice, because right now I am open to discussions and playing nice.

Not when you play the Hitler card.
Closed Thread