JapanForum.com

JapanForum.com (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/)
-   Japan News & Events (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/japan-news-events/)
-   -   Waseda University rape scandal (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/japan-news-events/15823-waseda-university-rape-scandal.html)

Cyclamen 05-26-2008 11:51 AM

Waseda University rape scandal

YouTube - Rape Club - Japan

I never heard anything about this scandal... even my friends at the Waseda university never heard about it, and told me this is just an urban legend.
But the video talks about police investigations, and some people were arrested...

I don't actually believe in an organized "rape club" that organized shows and parties just to see all the girls getting drunk, then choose one victim to be raped... but it's not difficult for me to believe that some maniacs could attend parties just to find some drunk gals to abuse, so in my opinion this video could be true.
Anyway, I firmly believe that rape is the most ignominous crime.

forgotenmemory 05-26-2008 08:56 PM

Oh my god...A rape club? That is just sick, is it like an underground secret thing?

MMM 05-26-2008 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cyclamen (Post 497871)
YouTube - Rape Club - Japan

I never heard anything about this scandal... even my friends at the Waseda university never heard about it, and told me this is just an urban legend.
But the video talks about police investigations, and some people were arrested...

I don't actually believe in an organized "rape club" that organized shows and parties just to see all the girls getting drunk, then choose one victim to be raped... but it's not difficult for me to believe that some maniacs could attend parties just to find some drunk gals to abuse, so in my opinion this video could be true.
Anyway, I firmly believe that rape is the most ignominous crime.

Actually it was a very well organized group. No urban legand. Search for Waseda Super Free (that was the name of the club).

Super Free - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

EveV 05-26-2008 10:01 PM

The world is sick and sad..
Rape is a terrible common thing in our world that can literally mentally/physically ruin the lives of women and men.
I think rapist should be murdered or locked away for life.
Hopefully, they'll learn all about gang rape in jail.

GodNickSatan 05-27-2008 03:52 AM

I've read all about this before. It was very real, and very well organised. New laws for gang rape were only introduced after the trial in Japan from what I understand. Somehow the guy behind it only got 14 years in jail, too.

KikiBunny23 05-27-2008 05:20 AM

the thing is...people who get raped are afraid to tell people about it so the people are usuall allowed to roam free of charge becasue no one has reported rape or anything

noodle 05-27-2008 06:27 AM

I feel sick... I never knew that there could be such a thing as rape club. There're lots of crime "clubs", ie, gangs etc... but to get a lot of people together that don't have a problem is just sick... I'm sure that even most criminals would believe that rape is just too low and wrong!

MMM 05-27-2008 08:02 AM

They were caught. There were trials. They are paying for their crimes. This changed the atmosphere of partying at Japanese campuses in a good way.

GodNickSatan 05-27-2008 04:06 PM

So is it talked about much in Japan?

Picture2Perfect 05-30-2008 11:50 AM

That is disgusting, and the mangas that depict that too, eugh eugh eugh