LinkBack Thread Tools
(#11 (permalink))
Old
Sangetsu (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

05-18-2009, 01:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banzaiii View Post
It might have something to do with general prices rising, or maybe people just feel more relaxed at home.
Prices have nothing to do with it, the yen recently had a spectacular rise against foreign currencies. In my case, it was like getting a 20% discount on overseas travel.

The problem is simple, the economy sucks in Japan. I know people who have lost their jobs, had their hours reduced, or simply had their pay cut (in some cases up to 50%). My gf's office have laid off 1/3 of their staff, and are looking to reduce even more.

Most people who have suffered paycuts or lost their jobs altogether are not going to be spending a lot of money on international travel.
(#12 (permalink))
Old
Banzaiii (Offline)
New to JF

05-19-2009, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sangetsu View Post
Prices have nothing to do with it, the yen recently had a spectacular rise against foreign currencies. In my case, it was like getting a 20% discount on overseas travel.

The problem is simple, the economy sucks in Japan. I know people who have lost their jobs, had their hours reduced, or simply had their pay cut (in some cases up to 50%). My gf's office have laid off 1/3 of their staff, and are looking to reduce even more.

Most people who have suffered paycuts or lost their jobs altogether are not going to be spending a lot of money on international travel.
I actually quit my job recently and am looking for another one. My friends joked about me because i work so much harder than them but get paid alot less. Hope the climate gets better.

In an insane world, only the insane are truely sane.