JapanForum.com

JapanForum.com (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/)
-   Japan News & Events (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/japan-news-events/)
-   -   Young Japanese & Their Cellphones (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/japan-news-events/2824-young-japanese-their-cellphones.html)

annelie82 03-07-2007 05:38 PM

*impressed whistle* Niiice! Makes my own phone look like something from the stone age. ^^ How much could I expect to pay for a phone like that, if I may ask?

~annelie

ShibaInu 03-07-2007 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nyororin (Post 61392)

Cool device! :D ...i've checked the specs & features, and it's 3G compliant, isn't it? Aside from Panasonic, what other phone brands are popular in Japan? Philips? Sony Ericsson? Nokia?

Quote:

Originally Posted by annelie82 (Post 61404)
*impressed whistle* Niiice! Makes my own phone look like something from the stone age. ^^ How much could I expect to pay for a phone like that, if I may ask?

yeah, i'm curious to know too...

Nyororin 03-08-2007 04:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by annelie82 (Post 61404)

~annelie

We paid 9000yen to upgrade to this one after using a different one for a while. (2 years maybe... I forget)

For just the phone, if you don`t have any service, it`s like 29800yen. If you are newly signing up, they`ll give it to you for free or close.

Nyororin 03-08-2007 04:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShibaInu (Post 61521)
Cool device! :D ...i've checked the specs & features, and it's 3G compliant, isn't it? Aside from Panasonic, what other phone brands are popular in Japan? Philips? Sony Ericsson? Nokia?

None of the above. The popular brands here are Panasonic, Mitsubishi, Sharp, Fujitsu, and NEC. Sony Ericsson is trying to squeeze in, but they can`t seem to make a phone that really appeals to the Japanese market. Just like Vodaphone seriously screwed up when they tried to force their way in - they offer phones that would be liked by a European audience, but are totally rejected in Japan.

samokan 03-08-2007 06:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Niyusu (Post 59393)
Almost all young Japanese say mobile phones have changed their lifestyles, with nearly one-third of them confessing to spending three hours or more a day on their mobile, a survey says. Four percent of young Japanese people spend more than 10 hours a day on their phones.

Full Article: Yahoo - Young Japanese Say Cellphones Changing Their Lives

too much , that a girl fell into the train track ( i think last month) because she was walking beyond the yellow line already and she was using here phone while walking and it was rush hour and I think she was pushed/bump by another commuter.. good thing she did not die cause the driver noticed her and another station staff was there to the rescue..

ShibaInu 03-09-2007 07:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nyororin (Post 61737)
None of the above. The popular brands here are Panasonic, Mitsubishi, Sharp, Fujitsu, and NEC. Sony Ericsson is trying to squeeze in, but they can`t seem to make a phone that really appeals to the Japanese market. Just like Vodaphone seriously screwed up when they tried to force their way in - they offer phones that would be liked by a European audience, but are totally rejected in Japan.

Well, i guess the japanese have different taste than the West regarding mobile phones then...:) As always, thanks for the invaluable info...:D