JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#11 (permalink))
Old
annelie82 (Offline)
Zzzz...zzz.....zz...

03-07-2007, 05:38 PM

*impressed whistle* Niiice! Makes my own phone look like something from the stone age. ^^ How much could I expect to pay for a phone like that, if I may ask?

~annelie

"It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine as children do. And as we let our own lights shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others." -from the film Coach Carter
(#12 (permalink))
Old
ShibaInu (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Question 03-07-2007, 11:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyororin View Post
Cool device! ...i've checked the specs & features, and it's 3G compliant, isn't it? Aside from Panasonic, what other phone brands are popular in Japan? Philips? Sony Ericsson? Nokia?

Quote:
Originally Posted by annelie82 View Post
*impressed whistle* Niiice! Makes my own phone look like something from the stone age. ^^ How much could I expect to pay for a phone like that, if I may ask?
yeah, i'm curious to know too...

Japan does not understand very well that one of its proudest cultural achievements is in film--- Akira Kurosawa
(#13 (permalink))
Old
Nyororin (Offline)
Mod Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to Nyororin Send a message via Yahoo to Nyororin
03-08-2007, 04:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by annelie82 View Post

~annelie
We paid 9000yen to upgrade to this one after using a different one for a while. (2 years maybe... I forget)

For just the phone, if you don`t have any service, it`s like 29800yen. If you are newly signing up, they`ll give it to you for free or close.

If anyone is trying to find me… Tamyuun on Instagram is probably the easiest.
(#14 (permalink))
Old
Nyororin (Offline)
Mod Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to Nyororin Send a message via Yahoo to Nyororin
03-08-2007, 04:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShibaInu View Post
Cool device! ...i've checked the specs & features, and it's 3G compliant, isn't it? Aside from Panasonic, what other phone brands are popular in Japan? Philips? Sony Ericsson? Nokia?
None of the above. The popular brands here are Panasonic, Mitsubishi, Sharp, Fujitsu, and NEC. Sony Ericsson is trying to squeeze in, but they can`t seem to make a phone that really appeals to the Japanese market. Just like Vodaphone seriously screwed up when they tried to force their way in - they offer phones that would be liked by a European audience, but are totally rejected in Japan.

If anyone is trying to find me… Tamyuun on Instagram is probably the easiest.
(#15 (permalink))
Old
samokan (Offline)
0xFFFF_FFFF

03-08-2007, 06:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niyusu View Post
Almost all young Japanese say mobile phones have changed their lifestyles, with nearly one-third of them confessing to spending three hours or more a day on their mobile, a survey says. Four percent of young Japanese people spend more than 10 hours a day on their phones.

Full Article: Yahoo - Young Japanese Say Cellphones Changing Their Lives
too much , that a girl fell into the train track ( i think last month) because she was walking beyond the yellow line already and she was using here phone while walking and it was rush hour and I think she was pushed/bump by another commuter.. good thing she did not die cause the driver noticed her and another station staff was there to the rescue..
(#16 (permalink))
Old
ShibaInu (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Smile 03-09-2007, 07:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyororin View Post
None of the above. The popular brands here are Panasonic, Mitsubishi, Sharp, Fujitsu, and NEC. Sony Ericsson is trying to squeeze in, but they can`t seem to make a phone that really appeals to the Japanese market. Just like Vodaphone seriously screwed up when they tried to force their way in - they offer phones that would be liked by a European audience, but are totally rejected in Japan.
Well, i guess the japanese have different taste than the West regarding mobile phones then... As always, thanks for the invaluable info...

Japan does not understand very well that one of its proudest cultural achievements is in film--- Akira Kurosawa