This is getting way to personal and... most importantly..... off topic :P

I didn't want anything like THIS to happen >_<

But I guess I sort of asked for it asking such a controversial subject :/
(#12 (permalink))
Old
Spiros (Offline)
New to JF

03-17-2007, 11:59 AM

It`s time for you to put up or shut up seeing you started this thread.
Answer my questions.
And to Tenchu,I have no love for any soldiers in war so to say America was wrong so therefore Japan is right?Come on dude.Both sides were wrong no doubt-including Japan.And little girls being raped!!??Every damned army has done that throughout history including Japan.Have you even heard about the "comfort women" from Taiwan,Korea etc.The Rape of Nanking?
Japan is as guilty as anyone else.
(#13 (permalink))
Old
IamKira (Offline)
Sulfer + KClO3 + Cu(1)Cl

03-17-2007, 03:21 PM

[quote=Tenchu;68434] The first time someone steps up and says fuck you, get out of our land and leave our people alone, you call them terrorists and wage world war 3.

Wait.......so, 9-11 was just, what, a figment of my imagination????????? And if you are reffering to the Iraqi war, then, you are still an idiot.....I am not supporting the war in Iraq...I am opposed to it, but, apperently, you think that we were already in Iraq and then we were told to leave by the Iraqi government, got all pissed off, and attacked? wtf? This quote cannot be referenced to any of the current situations. It doesn't make any sense. And, for the last time, our soldiers should not be verbally assaulted like this. They are very dignified, and I will not have them kicked around like this. And, our WW2 veterans were and are the greatest people our country has ever seen. I cannot allow such ignorance from people.....

IamKira
(#14 (permalink))
Old
bleedingboy (Offline)
incandescent sleep

Send a message via Yahoo to bleedingboy Send a message via Skype™ to bleedingboy
03-17-2007, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchu View Post
I mean every word when I say i could not care less about justice and right and wrong. All I care for is a mans ability to stand tall in confidence and strength and face everything that is coming toward him. That is all, and US can not, does not.
well here we are ladies and gentleman, a proof of something that doesn't yield and just give a new phase for forgiveness, towards fellow man. pride will reign. and you wonder why wars starts in the first place

"evaporated the fur because it covers them if you only knew the plans they had for us." -the mars volta; eriatarka

i bet you have something sexy for me.. show it then!
(#15 (permalink))
Old
bleedingboy (Offline)
incandescent sleep

Send a message via Yahoo to bleedingboy Send a message via Skype™ to bleedingboy
03-17-2007, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiros View Post
Have you even looked at a Japanese high school history book?They are so heavily censored and controlled (by the government) with so many facts blatantly distorted and even left out.Therefore the perspective/opinion of the average Japanese on the street is not even worth a pinch of goats fat because they honestly have very little idea of even the most basic of facts surrounding WW2 except for what they are misinformed about.
Academics around the world,including some in Japan who haven`t been blinded by the nationalistic rhetoric that is shoved down the populations throats,all agree that Japan was wrong and it was not justified.
Having lived in Japan for just over half my life and graduating from uni in Japan I think I can say I know what I`m talking about.
Leave personal opinions out of these kinds of arguements unless you know all the facts.
graduating from a university in japan, doesn't make you right with the idea that you knew better than what was the entire reasons. isn't it obvious? those were dark days. leaders decided to put the people's lives at risk, waging war against others, over that big factor, PRiDE. let's keep our heads high. and let's wage war... it's a good move to block these things for somehow you'll realize that these ideology | facts are being erased from the minds of the masses, who didn't have to do with those things in the first place. the sins of their fathers shouldn't be passed on to their children. these are facts yes, but this should never hinder you from changing your opinion regarding a culture you knew one year and a half in your life. men alone can't find themselves, where they should be, till the very dying day they are into. facts? you want facts? look around you. greed is everywhere. america had their methods to choke a nation to submission, japan had their methods of retaliation. know that any creature you try to hurt will assume survival stance, a some people got in the way.nd they will fight. what more than to cripple something that they new poses a big threat to their existence? it's human nature. or any living creature. nations even. we had our own fair share. while you were far from the total war that's been occuring in these areas, our nations [east asian countries] suffers from it. just let it die. it's history, but it isn't one that we should cherish. even if your diploma tells you that "YOU HAVE LEARNED IT", then maybe it's time you learn to just let this go. different people, different lives, some find passion with learning things from other culture. let them be. anime or animation. japanese arts and crafts, or whatever. this are not the people you should attack... and don't wonder why people won't retaliate.

Quote:
so, 9-11 was just, what, a figment of my imagination?????????
ok... and they attack iraq? i don't see the connection. but let me give you an idea and then you put together things... ok? i mean you're well versed and a good thinker, as i'm reading.

do you know how hard it is to get "visa for america?" how the hell did they let those things happen? second, no conspiracy or anything. i can see the planes... yes sure. but world trade center? attacked? how did this happen? internal things. why should these happen? caught off-guard? why? if this were mathematical equations, then do the math. who's fault is it? shouldn't your government be concern of your country's foundation? which is the safety of your people. i have nothing against these soldiers, unless they act heartless and maniacs towards civilians or their enemies. you fight your cause, they will your theirs. expect that.
but like i said, read above if you have to.

oh and let's keep this intellectual and shove aside foul languages. spiros, tenchu and iamkira. let's keep it intellectual. spiros, since you have a good college background, educated, use it.

"evaporated the fur because it covers them if you only knew the plans they had for us." -the mars volta; eriatarka

i bet you have something sexy for me.. show it then!

Last edited by bleedingboy : 03-17-2007 at 04:29 PM.
(#16 (permalink))
Old
Hisuwashi (Offline)
JF Old Timer

03-17-2007, 05:27 PM

I agree with what bleedingboy said.. Japan surrendered because of civilian casualties, not soldier casualties. America was still in for a big fight, even with Japan fighting a war on three fronts.

~ Wind Song ~
~ Windlied ~
~ Chant du vent ~
(#17 (permalink))
Old
moocow49 (Offline)
Banned

03-17-2007, 07:57 PM

Your head is so full of American propaganda. Soldiers are supposed to die in war and fight face-to-face. The bombs killed innocent people. I think you're sick in the head if you believe that that was right. Tenchu laid out the facts well enough.
(#18 (permalink))
Old
moocow49 (Offline)
Banned

03-17-2007, 08:02 PM

Tenchu, what country are you from? Just curious.
(#19 (permalink))
Old
Avary_Ninja (Offline)
Semi-competent Ninja

03-17-2007, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchu View Post
You know one marine dies every year from having a soft drink vending machine fall on them. What a stat!
Actually that happened once. And to an engineering student at the Université de Sherbrooke, in my homeland. Please be careful not to spread urban legends.

"Men, I do not order you to fight; I order you to die". ~ Mustapha Kemal at the Battle of Gallipoli
(#20 (permalink))
Old
Hisuwashi (Offline)
JF Old Timer

03-17-2007, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moocow49 View Post
Your head is so full of American propaganda. Soldiers are supposed to die in war and fight face-to-face. The bombs killed innocent people. I think you're sick in the head if you believe that that was right. Tenchu laid out the facts well enough.
Japan did have crippling soldier casualties, but they were defending a relatively small area (in comparison to other opponents) with terrain that benefited the defense.

It's a question with no correct answer.

~ Wind Song ~
~ Windlied ~
~ Chant du vent ~