LinkBack Thread Tools
(#41 (permalink))
Old
BillyT (Offline)
New to JF

08-10-2007, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suki View Post
Thank you BillyT (um something to do with Billy Talent, the band?), all of that is so intersting!
You're welcome. I am a singer/songwriter by the way.

MySpace.com - Bill Fried Band - SAN FRANCISCO, California - Rock / Pop / Indie - www.myspace.com/bfb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suki View Post
You cannot blame Japanese people for the Pearl Harbor bombing, the ones who are responsible for that are all dead
Pearl Harbor bomber pilots Sadamu Komaki and Zenji Abe are still alive.

Last edited by BillyT : 08-10-2007 at 09:48 PM.
(#42 (permalink))
Old
Bongdgreat (Offline)
New to JF

08-11-2007, 07:33 AM

Pearl harbor, Ngasaki & Hiroshima are all casualties of war. War is evil and war does not end angelic for whatever reason or purpose. Japanese people hated war all their lives after ww2. Nowadays peace is threatened once again for this small country maybe because of the original root of evil, easy to say as the accessories of war. If these accessories don't stop and cease from production, war will never die. No country has the right to take on others land to keep it as their own through war and killings. There is no alibi to justify the sanctity of war, it's all bullshit. The ten commandments will speak of the truth. The US is not the only child of GOD, Japan had been suffering for so long already for a blame in war they're not alone to do. All is just a face off of whose bad and whose to blame. Nevertheless, Japan still suffers from the old stereotype. It's like being raped while dead already, you know!
(#43 (permalink))
Old
MihoSayuri (Offline)
JF Regular

Send a message via AIM to MihoSayuri Send a message via Yahoo to MihoSayuri
08-11-2007, 08:54 AM

Here's my view on this.

I think Japan was very wrong on leaving the US with a false sense of security, by sending them peace offerings, whatnot and then surpise attacking Pearl Harbor.

And I do think that Pearl Harbor was right to be avenged.

But, I do not think the devastation should have been so bad. I understand that the US had no idea the destruction it would cause, but I believe that it should not have happened so significantly.

By the way, if anyone has HBO, check your local listings for a documentary called White Light/Black Rain. It's a documentary on the bombings and there's interviews with survivors. It's very sad.

Over and over, over and over,
You make me fall for you.
I try not to.

-Sydnie-
(#44 (permalink))
Old
Gorotsuki (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via AIM to Gorotsuki Send a message via MSN to Gorotsuki Send a message via Yahoo to Gorotsuki Send a message via Skype™ to Gorotsuki
08-12-2007, 05:20 AM

I saw the documentary....its very sad. Ive also seen barefoot gen.
(#45 (permalink))
Old
Pheonix1337 (Offline)
New to JF

08-12-2007, 05:54 AM

Unfortunatly, these are actions of war. From what I know, the US was still "nuetral" yet they cut oil supplies to both Japan, and Germany. If that is the case then I can see why the Japanese believed that the US had become an enemy, and all things are fair in war. I dont, however, believe that we should try to place blame or play sides all these decades later. I think we should just look back at what it was, and try to do our part to keep stupid mistakes like that from repeating themselves. Its one thing to kill soldiers in war, but to erradicate the inocent to prove military might is another. I also think, that since Japan is now our ally, and they have more than proven thier loyalty, that the US should stop being stubborn and allow them there own military, what good is an ally if they are unable to help fight the good fights.
(#46 (permalink))
Old
MihoSayuri (Offline)
JF Regular

Send a message via AIM to MihoSayuri Send a message via Yahoo to MihoSayuri
08-12-2007, 06:25 AM

At the beginning of that documentary, can you believe so many Japanese don't know of their own history?

You make me fall for you.
I try not to.

-Sydnie-
(#47 (permalink))
Old
dannavy85 (Offline)
JF Regular

08-24-2007, 01:22 PM

Your head is so full of American propaganda. Soldiers are supposed to die in war and fight face-to-face. The bombs killed innocent people.

Japan slaughtered hundreds of thousands of innocent people. The war's been over for almost 70 years can't some of you mourn for the millions lost because Japan's militarist freaks extolled dying for Haku Ichu and the Imperial Edict?

USN Japan 1985 - 1997, best years of my life.