JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#11 (permalink))
Old
jsurf (Offline)
New to JF

Intelligence - 11-04-2007, 10:43 PM

At least there is a display of intelligence here in some posts. Check the posts out over at craigslist: tokyo classifieds for jobs, apartments, personals, for sale, services, community, and events look under rants and raves.

Last edited by jsurf : 11-04-2007 at 10:46 PM.
(#12 (permalink))
Old
Shaelyn (Offline)
Fae of DOOM!

Send a message via AIM to Shaelyn
11-06-2007, 03:53 AM

blast from the past. from middle school on to halfway thru HS, I used to be obsessed with dolphins.

Tenchu, science does show humans more intelligent than fish, but the only way dolphins are linked to fish is in the fact that they both live in water. they're nothing alike - they're closer related to whales (the main difference between dolphins and whales being teeth/baleen). Fish are said to have about a three-second memory, while dolphins are supposedly more intelligent than humans. They just lack the opposable thumb.

personally, I do believe that we shouldn't kill/eat dolphins...but I recognize the fact that it's as much of a personal thing as a religious or sexual preference. hatredcopter's right, I back him up 100%.

to the original poster...the point at which you draw the line is your own. you can express your opinions, but don't be so forceful about it...that's a fast way to get people to ignore you and your cause. they have every right to have opinions that differ from yours.

~rolleyes~ I'm all for a discussion about dolphin killing in japan and all that...but in the form of your propoganda and spam, no.

thnx boboloko for the sig!

Last edited by Shaelyn : 11-06-2007 at 03:56 AM.
(#13 (permalink))
Old
luna2 (Offline)
HALO3 GAMER GIRL 4LIFE!

11-06-2007, 04:02 AM

dolphins are uber scarri T_T
i saw how they actually act in real life
and sometimes they rape eachother or
like kill the females babies just so they can do it wid da female T_T
scawiii!!!!!

YOUR RIGHT NOTHING DOES LAST FOREVER, WE OBVIOUSLY PROVE THAT RIGHT

http://www.japanforum.com/forum/memb...-drawings.html
(#14 (permalink))
Old
Shaelyn (Offline)
Fae of DOOM!

11-06-2007, 04:07 AM

I did say supposedly. and granted, some of my information was fed to me by propoganda similar to that the original poster has been posting.

but, I will say that science accepts that the amount of wrinkles in the brain is related to how intelligent you are - the more wrinkles, the more intelligent. dolphins do have more wrinkles than humans.

so, scientifically, dolphins are more intelligent than us, yes. and like I mentioned, lack of opposable thumb...that's why they aren't doing what we can. all the intelligence of the world can't easily help an ocean-bound creature with three fins to aid them.

their ability to use sonor is pretty neat though, IMO. military sonor is based off dolphin's inate abilities.

EDIT: here ya go! Cetacean intelligence - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

oh, and have you ever seen a pod of orcas (which are technically dolphins, despite their misleading name "killer whale") take out a larger whale? they're tactical creatures as well - they surround the whale in formation, and slow it down before they start attacking it. I wouldn't say even most humans are all that tactical.

Last edited by Shaelyn : 11-06-2007 at 04:24 AM.
(#15 (permalink))
Old
Shaelyn (Offline)
Fae of DOOM!

11-06-2007, 04:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchu View Post
No, this is just them being smart. Right, Shaelyn?
dolphins and humans aren't the only creatures in the world that rape.

Last edited by Shaelyn : 11-06-2007 at 04:11 AM.
(#16 (permalink))
Old
Shaelyn (Offline)
Fae of DOOM!

11-06-2007, 04:39 AM

Quote:
To compare fish intellect with our own is ridiculous.
I didn't have any problem with your argument...until I read this...and then I realized you totally lost my point.

my point was that they're not fish at all. they're nothing close. I don't think their intellect should be compared to, let alone referred to as "fish intellect" just because they just so happen to share the same habitat.
Your other similar remark aside "die-hard fish fan," I don't have a problem with anything else you said.

Last edited by Shaelyn : 11-06-2007 at 04:41 AM.
(#17 (permalink))
Old
CoolNard (Offline)
Yours Rightfully Insolent

Send a message via MSN to CoolNard
11-06-2007, 05:18 AM

Geez, people, this thread wasn't made for debating purposes.

Simply state whether you support (then sign the petition if you want) or refute the idea, maybe a couple of reasons, that's all. There's no need to convince one another of what's right & wrong; let people decide for themselves.

Shaelyn: As Gwen has said, this isn't a spam thread nor does it violate any of the rules of the forum, because it has a purpose which can not only be related to Japan, but identified as useful by many.

There's no such thing as happy endings, for when you find true love, happiness is everlasting.

Last edited by CoolNard : 11-06-2007 at 02:09 PM.
(#18 (permalink))
Old
Ito (Offline)
<3 Fahad

11-06-2007, 09:35 AM

yea its sad when animals get killed, but people have to eat something.
just that we dont kill to many off them offcourse.
i think people should stop buying chinease medicin witch contains tiger bones, becouse its endagered species. if not they will be gone within 10-15 years.
not only that, when the first europeans came to usa they killed off a bird species within 30 years to exstintion.. shooting everything down...

i got irc now
find mangas on lurk
my site: http://jennikaisa.hi5.com/
Member in deviantart: ito86
http://13gb.com/pictures/2288/ WTF
protest against facebook!!

(#19 (permalink))
Old
Shaelyn (Offline)
Fae of DOOM!

11-07-2007, 12:14 AM

Quote:
I dont think it matters. Yes, they are mamals and give birth to live young, not eggs like normal fish does. I will still call them fish. It depends on the person, I dont care. I will admit any truth when it comes up, it dont matter what I call them. To me, something that looks like that and swims like that is a fish.... But a whale seems to be too big for a fish... I think I will call them 'Sea Beasts' or something. LOL, people dont like it when I say humans are animals either, but they are.
well, if you don't care, then ~shrug~ have fun then.

(#20 (permalink))
Old
Shaelyn (Offline)
Fae of DOOM!

11-07-2007, 12:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolNard View Post
Shaelyn: As Gwen has said, this isn't a spam thread nor does it violate any of the rules of the forum, because it has a purpose which can not only be related to Japan, but identified as useful by many.
ok...I just thought I'd let ya know.