JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
caisaki (Offline)
JF Regular

Thumbs down Fake iPad is now being released! - 06-15-2010, 12:47 PM

You know how the iPad is the next coolest thing right now, and I would so much love it if I get my hands on one. But as you also know for sure, the Chinese always makes it possible to make fake items, and here comes the iPad copycat.

Fake iPad video link

Last edited by caisaki : 06-16-2010 at 02:51 PM.
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Ettelie (Offline)
New to JF

06-15-2010, 03:44 PM

It says in the vid, that the real iPad is not being soled in China. Also chinese companies have been making similar devices for years, it is just now that they took advantage of the actual iPad design (the out side shell). Other then the outside looking reeeeeally similar, there is nothing wrong with them manufacturing such a thing : )
(#3 (permalink))
Old
SHAD0W (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

06-15-2010, 03:54 PM

Awesome! Can't wait till Ashens gets hold of one!

I'm sorry for all the bad stuff I said and all the feelings I hurt.. Please forgive me
(#4 (permalink))
Old
kyo_9 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via Yahoo to kyo_9
06-15-2010, 05:41 PM

argh.. I really wanted to buy iPed.. muahaha~

LiVe Ur LiFe
Don't do drugs!

(#5 (permalink))
Old
PockyMePink (Offline)
=\

Send a message via MSN to PockyMePink
06-15-2010, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ettelie View Post
It says in the vid, that the real iPad is not being soled in China. Also chinese companies have been making similar devices for years, it is just now that they took advantage of the actual iPad design (the out side shell). Other then the outside looking reeeeeally similar, there is nothing wrong with them manufacturing such a thing : )
Other than the fact that most knock-offs are around the same price as the original device, and they usually end up not working, sure, nothing wrong with manufacturing it. Add in that a lot of knock-offs devices that hook up to a computer can contain viruses, they have untested batteries that can screw up or even explode, if they DO mess up you have no company to turn to in hopes of getting it fixed, they're low quality, touch screens usually never work, chargers may not work, etc, I'd advise people not to buy it. Some knock-offs work just fine, but more times than not they don't, and can even be dangerous.
(#6 (permalink))
Old
amandabenami (Offline)
JF Regular

06-16-2010, 02:22 AM

i'd better spend money with the real than suffer from the consequences that the fake will bring. BASTARD fake Ipads.
(#7 (permalink))
Old
Tyrien (Offline)
I'm e-vincible.

06-16-2010, 03:29 PM

Probably better if you understand what you're doing due to the OS not being sealed off.

Tyrien.DeviantArt~
As of 08/11/2008 5:33 PM Eastern Standard time I now officially own:
Miyavi, Kyo, Yuusuke, Maya, Gou, Aki, Aoi, Jun, Yusa, Jui, Key, Heechul, Yesung, Riku, Kei, Jyou, Satoshi, Takeru, Sin, Teddyloid, ♀Yooh♂, Reo, Tomoya, Tatsuro, Hitsugi, Kyoharu, Takanori Nishikawa, Jay Chou, Hirokai, Die, Kaoru, Shinya, and Toshiya.