JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
caisaki (Offline)
JF Regular

Smoking Toddler in Indonesia - 06-16-2010, 03:05 PM

a 2-year old boy, who is already obese, is smoking 40 sticks of cigarette per day! And his parents are giving it to him because he throws tantrums when he doesn't have his cigarettes! That is so awful for a toddler, shortening his life already.

link: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/new
(#2 (permalink))
Old
nobora (Offline)
Fan Ichigou

06-16-2010, 06:24 PM

Thats not right. If a kid throws a tantrum they should be punished by not giving them what they want. The parents need to learn how parenting works because giving a kid whatever he wants from a young age is not good especially if its cigrettes.
(#3 (permalink))
Old
honoraryjapanesegirl (Offline)
Holy Dattebayo, Batman!!

Send a message via Yahoo to honoraryjapanesegirl
06-16-2010, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by caisaki View Post
a 2-year old boy, who is already obese, is smoking 40 sticks of cigarette per day! And his parents are giving it to him because he throws tantrums when he doesn't have his cigarettes! That is so awful for a toddler, shortening his life already.

link: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/new
Yeah, I saw this. This is terrible; what father would willingly give their kid cigarettes?! They either obviously don't know the effects cigarettes have on people, or they're just plain ignorant.

I also heard on the news that the government was trying to bribe the family to stop the kid with a new car, but they declined. I say someone needs to go to jail. That's just terrible...I'm just speechless from it...ugh...

~HonoraryJapaneseGirl~

~...Why must the different be cast away, be cast into a deep, dark pit of loneliness, being mocked and scorned as the the enemy...and eventually...become it...?~
~HonoraryJapaneseGirl~
~.::{Akatsuki Clan Member--Leader of California}::.~
~.::{Michiko Manami}::.~

(#4 (permalink))
Old
Columbine (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

06-16-2010, 07:29 PM

I like how the first comment on the article is "Isn't it ironic, if you switch the last 2 letters in his surname you get the word 'Rizla'".

I'm going to guess that the father really doesn't know much about the effects of smoking, and considering the family is in Borneo, it's no surprise that the mother would cave into her son's tantrums; infant mortality is high and sons are highly valued. Moreover, the fact that he's fat is probably seen by his father as a sign of good health where dirty water and poor diet and so forth mean children tend to be small skinny. And now they can earn money off the publicity.
(#5 (permalink))
Old
Sashimister (Offline)
他力本願

06-17-2010, 03:23 AM

Quote:
Smoking Toddler in Indonesia.
And why is this in the "Japan News & Events" section? Indonesia is a good 6-hour-flight away from Japan.
(#6 (permalink))
Old
caisaki (Offline)
JF Regular

06-17-2010, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sashimister View Post
And why is this in the "Japan News & Events" section? Indonesia is a good 6-hour-flight away from Japan.
Sorry, I just thought that maybe people around the world should definitely be aware of what's happening around us, and the effects of the people's lifestyles to the youth. One should not be ignorant of the other nation's problems as they may be present in their own country.
(#7 (permalink))
Old
sen7 (Offline)
New to JF

08-03-2010, 01:51 AM

Quote:
Sorry, I just thought that maybe people around the world should definitely be aware of what's happening around us, and the effects of the people's lifestyles to the youth. One should not be ignorant of the other nation's problems as they may be present in their own country.
great point
(#8 (permalink))
Old
vantasyartz (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via MSN to vantasyartz Send a message via Yahoo to vantasyartz
09-12-2010, 08:47 PM

Well... bad habit from indonesian people..that is... if there is something peculiar happening, for example like the news posted above, indonesian people always relate it to supernatural phenomena ~

however, i do agree that it's dangerous.

I do realize that i'm not immortal..