JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#11 (permalink))
Old
Ryzorian (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

12-04-2010, 05:17 AM

I won't apologize for it, we nuked em' and they gave up. It saved nearly 1 million GI's and millions of Japanese. War is hell, make sure to visit hell on your enemies as often as possible so they no longer wish to be in hell. That's the harsh reality about war.

By the way, Iraq did have WMD's...was enough strictnine to kill everyone in New York...the whole state. Plus, we found two trucks built to carry a certain style of nerve agent, one of the primary ones we were looking for...with the safty gear required to transport that nerve agent and the antidote for the nerve agent...the trucks were spotless...with trace amounts of the only chemical known to break down that nerve agent. Circumstansial true enough, but with terror cells possibly gaining passports from Iraq, we couldn't afford to take the chance.
(#12 (permalink))
Old
RealJames (Offline)
ボケ外人

12-04-2010, 06:01 AM

It is sickening what atrocities are rationalized in times of war.

The mentality of a defeated nation is also sickening.

Japan, in terms of the war, and in terms of its relation to America, for the longest time, has been that of a beaten dog. A dog that bit it's masters hand and then had it's legs broken for it.

マンツーマン 英会話 神戸 三宮 リアライズ -James- This is my life and why I know things about Japan.
(#13 (permalink))
Old
Ghap (Offline)
JF Old Timer

12-04-2010, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryzorian View Post
I won't apologize for it, we nuked em' and they gave up. It saved nearly 1 million GI's and millions of Japanese. War is hell, make sure to visit hell on your enemies as often as possible so they no longer wish to be in hell. That's the harsh reality about war.

By the way, Iraq did have WMD's...was enough strictnine to kill everyone in New York...the whole state. Plus, we found two trucks built to carry a certain style of nerve agent, one of the primary ones we were looking for...with the safty gear required to transport that nerve agent and the antidote for the nerve agent...the trucks were spotless...with trace amounts of the only chemical known to break down that nerve agent. Circumstansial true enough, but with terror cells possibly gaining passports from Iraq, we couldn't afford to take the chance.
Tbh why should you appologise for it as chances are you were not born....it saddens me more that you mat romantacize it.

As for no WMD's but they had a couple of trucks and some strictnine......NATO must have been shaking in their boots.
(#14 (permalink))
Old
missprincess (Offline)
Bonnie lass from England

12-04-2010, 02:29 PM

last time i checked a nuclear bomb over a whole city killing innocent civilians and destroying future generations that are born there - compared to japanese air force personnel attacking us army personnel (not millions of innocent civilians) theres just no comparison, kinda reflects the whole american philosophy on war, kill everything that moves - whether its a women or a child or a combatant it doesnt matter - theyve got the weapons and they arent afraid to use them - even though they claimed iraq was a threat to the world due to weapons of mass destruction (that were never found) americas kinda been the only country to ever use them on innocent civilians (nuclear bombs I mean) – and lets not forget the phosphorus bombs dropped on Vietnam by the americans and that ever haunting image of that small girl running through the streets skin completely burnt – I’m not blaming the american citizens here just the people who sit in the nice air conditioned offices that make these decisions

BTW i cant believe some ppl are justifying using nuclear bombs on innocent people so it saved alot of american lives!! are u kidding me! an american life is NOT worth more then a japanese one or an afghani one or an iraqi one - and a few thousand people dying doesnt justify the occupation of 2 whole countries and millions of deaths of innocent people

i remember watching a documentary movie called 'the ground truth' about american soilders coming back from iraq who admit to killing anyone and everyone just because they were told to even when they knew those people werent combatants!! i suggest everyone give it a look in!

Don't make someone a priority....... if your nothing more than an option to them

How can the world end at 2012 when my yogurt expires in 2013?

Last edited by missprincess : 12-04-2010 at 02:37 PM.
(#15 (permalink))
Old
missprincess (Offline)
Bonnie lass from England

12-04-2010, 02:32 PM

BTW HAVE WE FORGOTTEN BUSH HIMSELF ADMITTED THERE WERE NO WEAPONS OF MASS DESTRUCTION SO I DONT UNDERSTAND HOW SOME PEOPLE HERE ARE CLAIMING THERE ARE!!! AND THAT THE WAR ON IRAQ HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH 9/11!!

YouTube - Bush admits that Iraq Had Nothing To Do With 9/11 - HERES HIM ADMITTING IT!!

Don't make someone a priority....... if your nothing more than an option to them

How can the world end at 2012 when my yogurt expires in 2013?
(#16 (permalink))
Old
dogsbody70 (Offline)

12-04-2010, 05:30 PM

well he managed to bring Britain into the war after 9/11

Will we ever know the truth re MAD. Blair obviously believed it in order to get our troops invading Iraq.

Blair took us into the war despite many of us protesting.

there is still uncertainty ABOUT THE death of matthew Kelly. He was treated abominably then found dead in fields near his home. I think he knew to much and the GOVT. wanted him out of the way

Last edited by dogsbody70 : 12-04-2010 at 05:34 PM.
(#17 (permalink))
Old
evanny (Offline)
devil's advocate

12-04-2010, 06:51 PM

well. some countries do attend the fact that they did em.well...not evil (i don't really believe in a such word - just actions that happen without any of them being good/evil) but lets say - did some damage.
for example Germany. it is punishable by law to use the Hitler hand sign. also in schools there is great deal of effort put in to teach the young about what and how everything happened.
P.S war in Iraq. if im not mistaken they falsified the report thou originally it stated that there aren't any weapons.

P.P.S if anyone is interested about atrocities of war then by far the best movie i have seen is soviet story. it's in english. and i am not plugging it since it's Latvian made but god damn its good. i love the style of it. it's original, cool and i love narrator's voice. btw.was also presented at the EU.
i must stress that this is a heavy film to watch. like the parts were CCCR in period of 1 year starved 7 million Ukrainians to death.

Last edited by evanny : 12-04-2010 at 08:06 PM.
(#18 (permalink))
Old
Ryzorian (Offline)

12-05-2010, 04:46 AM

WW2 had been going on for 4 years after Pearl Harbor. 400,000 Americans had died by then. Were the nukes justified? Yes. Japan wasn't going to surrender unless they were shown they had no alternatives. I'm not romaticizeing anything, that's simply how it was..I know it was horrible, the war was brutal. But in war, winning is what matters, because if you loose, the other side dictates how you live.

Hello? there was a massive amount of circumstantial evidence to indicate they had WMD's...Even Saddam's own generals were requesting them because they thought he had them too. All the worlds covert agencies, includeing Russia's, said he had them. We know he was involved with 6 known terror groups...and couldn't risk Bin ladin's group getting ahold of anything.

Can you imagine how the US would consider Bush if Saddam did have nerve agent x and Bin ladin managed to set up a bomb in the US that killed ten's of thousands with it? If you were in that postion..what would you do? Hope he doesn't have anything? or make sure he doesn't?

If someone is holding people hostage, and all your experts tell you he has a gun, you act as though he had a gun. To act otherwise is incompatent.

The President of the US must hold even 1 American life above any foreigner. He swears an oath on it. Truth be told I would hope the leader of any nation held his own people in higher reguard than someone not native to his land. I mean really...should Peyton Manning be more favorable to players on the other team than to his own team mates? That's what it's like with nation states.
(#19 (permalink))
Old
Ghap (Offline)
JF Old Timer

12-05-2010, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryzorian View Post
The President of the US must hold even 1 American life above any foreigner. He swears an oath on it. Truth be told I would hope the leader of any nation held his own people in higher reguard than someone not native to his land. I mean really...should Peyton Manning be more favorable to players on the other team than to his own team mates? That's what it's like with nation states.
I find this paragraph intresting, Im going to repeat with a couple of word changes (and tbh remove the whole Peyton Manning sentance as ive no idea who he is or what he does)

The Emporer of Japan must hold even 1 Japanese life above any foreigner. He swears an oath on it. Truth be told I would hope the leader of any nation held his own people in higher reguard than someone not native to his land. I mean really...

Really gives meaning about what was said about the victors writing history.

and no im not Japanese
or American
(#20 (permalink))
Old
Ryzorian (Offline)

12-05-2010, 08:40 PM

I completely agree with you. The US actually used the emperor to get Japan to surrender. Had it been the otherway around the Japanese woulda tried to use the president to get the US to surrender.

Manning is the quarterback of the Colts..and NFL football team. The analogy I was useing was team sports...I can change it to soccer, you would hope the coach of your national team cared more about thier team than about who ever they were playing, yes? I mean, how would you like it in the World Cup if the coach on your national team openly cheered for the team they were playing against?