protheus (Offline)
Arthur et Les Minimoys

Send a message via Yahoo to protheus
11-24-2010, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin4hire View Post
Eh?

That was a bit of a stretch...
Read again, it was meant about every post he made, not only the ones regarding Korea.

Reverse psychology, "dear Watson", reverse psychology.
"Manganese? Is that manga language?" - lol?
(#12 (permalink))
Old
Ronin4hire (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

11-24-2010, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by protheus View Post
Read again, it was meant about every post he made, not only the ones regarding Korea.
I got that...

It's the Arab connection that I'm failing to see.

I get the stereotype when it comes to riding trains and planes etc. But to stretch it to being pro-war?

Anyway... don't want to hijack the thread with this shit. So I'll leave it at that.
(#13 (permalink))
Old
yulyul (Offline)
New to JF

Yeonpyeong island shelling video - 11-24-2010, 12:43 PM

North Korea fired dozens of artillery shells at the South Korean island of Yeonpyeong, off the west coast of the Korean peninsula. Dozens of houses are on fire after the shelling and the South Korea military is now trying to determine the degree of damage. Yeonpyeong is burning up in flames right now.

The North has continuously carried out provocative actions against South Korea, but an outright artillery shelling is unprecedented. Basically, a wartime provocation has now occurred in Yeonpyeong.

South Korean military has returned fire abiding by the engagement rules, and is now analyzing the North's motives. Why the North carried out such an action is irrelevant now. The important issue is that North Korea intentionally carried out an organized attack.

This might be a warning against the South Korean military's "Hoguk" training, which started yesterday. However, firing artillery shells against the South during midday is clearly an act of war. North Korea must take responsibility for this action and the global community, along with South Korea, should seek effective retaliation measures.

(#14 (permalink))
Old
Sitron (Offline)
Banned

11-24-2010, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by godwine View Post
I was talking about pro-war
Yeah, because Arabs invaded Korea, invaded Vietnam, invaded Iraq, and invaded Afghanistan. It's the Arabs that have 700 military bases around the world, and refuse to remove them even against the will of people and head of states (read: Okinawa). It's Arabs that have the biggest military budget in the world, just as big as the rest of the world combined.

Ups, I forget. It's the Americans.

Not to forget the 2 world wars and countless invasions and occupations done by Europeans prior to America's hegemony. Sure it's the Arabs that are pro-war.
(#15 (permalink))
Old
JohnBraden (Offline)

11-24-2010, 02:05 PM

I think that was meant toward YOU. You seem to want to attack China because they're disputing an island which anime-creating Japan says it's theirs. Now it seems you want S. Korea to attack it's neighbor to the north. You want to join the armed forces of another country to fight to defend anime and manga. It's your ridiculous militaristic view of things that make people here question your mental state and capacity, amongst other things. Please give it up.

Last edited by JohnBraden : 11-24-2010 at 02:08 PM.
(#16 (permalink))
Old
Sinestra (Offline)
ショ ン

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
11-24-2010, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sitron View Post
Yeah, because Arabs invaded Korea, invaded Vietnam, invaded Iraq, and invaded Afghanistan. It's the Arabs that have 700 military bases around the world, and refuse to remove them even against the will of people and head of states (read: Okinawa). It's Arabs that have the biggest military budget in the world, just as big as the rest of the world combined.

Ups, I forget. It's the Americans.

Not to forget the 2 world wars and countless invasions and occupations done by Europeans prior to America's hegemony. Sure it's the Arabs that are pro-war.
Before you make yourself look like a fool please research before posting false information.

Somehow you managed to simplify the Korean and Vietnam wars into a day time soap opera. Both wars and their causes were more complex than you make them out to be. I will not provide in depth information about them as you seem not to be a person open to rebuttals. If you are truly a person who thirst for knowledge you will research on your own. But here are two links to get you started.

Cause and Effects of Korean War

The Causes of the Vietnam War

Iraq: I did not support the invasion of Iraq before and still dont. False information made the American public believe that WMD and at one point they had harbored Osama Bin Laden. Once the truth came out support for the Iraqi war fell. Again dont simplify an event just to make yourself look better.

Afghanistan: I wholeheartedly agreed with. when a country harbors those that attack another nation then yes intervening is sometimes warranted. This is not just for the US. If any other nation had been attacked in the same fashion i would have agreed as well. Dont simplify complex situations and give half truths to prove your point, try being objective.

The US does indeed have military bases around the world. But guess what any nation has the right to ask for the removal of those bases and troops whenever they want and the US will comply. What you stated was a blatant lie.

It is also obvious you have no idea what you are talking about in terms of Okinawa. The dispute was not over the Americans completely leaving. It was about relocating the air operations of base to another part of the island and holding true to an agreement that the Japanese themselves had signed in 2006. Also, the possibility of moving 9000 marines possibly to Guam or to another part of the island. The problem was started by Prime Minister Hatoyama for making promises he couldn't keep after coming into power then flip flopping on the issue. Once again get your facts straight before you spout false information. Oh and did you know that an overwhelming majority of Japanese feel the base is necessary. The problem is the noise and pollution that come from the base since its basically right in the middle of the city and its crowded.
U.S., Japan to keep U.S. military base in Okinawa - USATODAY.com

I fail to see what having a large military budget has to do with anything in this thread. It takes money to run a military the US does not have the largest military in terms of personal but it has one of the most advanced in the world and all of that takes money. As a country becomes more technology advanced their military shrinks, the troops are better trained and carry better equipment which means less casualties, therefore having large standing military is not needed. However the cost of maintaining the armed forces does rise.

I will not defend everything my country does but i will also not stand back and let someone spread false information.

I have nothing against Arabs and the person who commented before you should have thought before he spoke. I fail to see an Arab connection to this in the slightest. Anyone who is pro-war let he or her experience it first hand and then lets see if they say same.

The situation in the Korea's is very troubling i too think they are flexing their muscles. However i dont know if an armed response is the best way to go i need to see more info before i decide on that. However the international community needs to project that they will not accept a premeditated strike without "REAL" provocation and i see none here. China so far has been fairly quiet i think they know they cant really be that silent anymore. Too early to tell if anything will happen but its still unfortunate. I work with several Koreans and they are super pissed at N Korea and saying there should be military response. The last thing this world needs is another war.

Last edited by Sinestra : 11-24-2010 at 05:00 PM.
(#17 (permalink))
Old
godwine (Offline)
自爆十秒前

11-24-2010, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
Before you make yourself look like a fool please research before posting false information.

Somehow you managed to simplify the Korean and Vietnam wars into a day time soap opera. Both wars and their causes were more complex than you make them out to be. I will not provide in depth information about them as you seem not to be a person open to rebuttals. If you are truly a person who thirst for knowledge you will research on your own. But here are two links to get you started.

Cause and Effects of Korean War

The Causes of the Vietnam War

Iraq: I did not support the invasion of Iraq before and still dont. False information made the American public believe that WMD and at one point they had harbored Osama Bin Laden. Once the truth came out support for the Iraqi war fell. Again dont simplify an event just to make yourself look better.

Afghanistan: I wholeheartedly agreed with. when a country harbors those that attack another nation then yes intervening is sometimes warranted. This is not just for the US. If any other nation had been attacked in the same fashion i would have agreed as well. Dont simplify complex situations and give half truths to prove your point, try being objective.

The US does indeed have military bases around the world. But guess what any nation has the right to ask for the removal of those bases and troops whenever they want and the US will comply. What you stated was a blatant lie.

It is also obvious you have no idea what you are talking about in terms of Okinawa. The dispute was not over the Americans completely leaving. It was about relocating the air operations of base to another part of the island and holding true to an agreement that the Japanese themselves had signed in 2006. Also, the possibility of moving 9000 marines possibly to Guam or to another part of the island. The problem was started by Prime Minister Hatoyama for making promises he couldn't keep after coming into power then flip flopping on the issue. Once again get your facts straight before you spout false information. Oh and did you know that an overwhelming majority of Japanese feel the base is necessary. The problem is the noise and pollution that come from the base since its basically right in the middle of the city and its crowded.
U.S., Japan to keep U.S. military base in Okinawa - USATODAY.com

I fail to see what having a large military budget has to do with anything in this thread. It takes money to run a military the US does not have the largest military in terms of personal but it has one of the most advanced in the world and all of that takes money. As a country becomes more technology advanced their military shrinks, the troops are better trained and carry better equipment which means less casualties, therefore having large standing military is not needed. However the cost of maintaining the armed forces does rise.

I will not defend everything my country does but i will also not stand back and let someone spread false information.

I have nothing against Arabs and the person who commented before you should have thought before he spoke. I fail to see an Arab connection to this in the slightest. Anyone who is pro-war let he or her experience it first hand and then lets see if they say same.

The situation in the Korea's is very troubling i too think they are flexing their muscles. However i dont know if an armed response is the best way to go i need to see more info before i decide on that. However the international community needs to project that they will not accept a premeditated strike without "REAL" provocation and i see none here. China so far has been fairly quiet i think they know they cant really be that silent anymore. Too early to tell if anything will happen but its still unfortunate. I work with several Koreans and they are super pissed at N Korea and saying there should be military response. The last thing this world needs is another war.
I didn't say there is a connection between Arab and war. After what happened in 911, its just that a lot of people THINK that there is, all that my post was saying is that, its that kind of mentality (see his other post) that made people make that connection. We cannot deny that this kind of stereotype exist, just look at the kind of jokes people pull at comedy club, cartoons and games...

Again, I am not saying that Arab and war is connected, all that I am saying, is that it only take one or two individuals and their comments to make people think that there is a connection...
(#18 (permalink))
Old
TalnSG (Offline)

Send a message via ICQ to TalnSG
11-24-2010, 08:55 PM

Now that U.S. military vessels are joining the South Korean "exercises", NK better be careful with their aim. A "stray" shell could trigger more than complaints in the media. Let's hope Kim Jong Il decides to go play with something else for a while before it goes too far.

Only an open mind and open heart can be filled with life.
Find your voice; silence will not protect you.
(#19 (permalink))
Old
Ronin4hire (Offline)

11-24-2010, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
To be fair to him.. he was only responding to godwine's implied racial slur.

And I think you can say that America invaded Vietnam if you wanted to. It gave military support to a corrupt and incompetent South Vietnamese government simply because it wasn't communist. But I suppose whether that counts as invasion is debatable.

Last edited by Ronin4hire : 11-24-2010 at 09:11 PM.
(#20 (permalink))
Old
TalnSG (Offline)

Send a message via ICQ to TalnSG
11-24-2010, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin4hire View Post
And I think you can say that America invaded Vietnam if you wanted to. It gave military support to a corrupt and incompetent South Vietnamese government simply because it wasn't communist. But I suppose whether that counts as invasion is debatable.
Can't really be considered an invasion, since we were invited in by both the government in power and the French who had supported its establishment once they were ready to get out.

The rest of the details jive with both my memory and research, but has very little to do with the current situation.

Kim Jung Il is insane, but I am confident he recalls why North Korean and Chinese supported troops had to withdraw back to the north. While he will taunt the U.S. till we are on the brink of resuming that war he can't win, I can't see him invading and meeting SK and US troops in a conventional conflict. Of course that doesn't rule out his blowing up the entire NE section of the continent - hiimself with it.

Only an open mind and open heart can be filled with life.
Find your voice; silence will not protect you.