LinkBack Thread Tools
(#21 (permalink))
Old
Ronin4hire (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

11-24-2010, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TalnSG View Post
Kim Jung Il is insane, but I am confident he recalls why North Korean and Chinese supported troops had to withdraw back to the north. While he will taunt the U.S. till we are on the brink of resuming that war he can't win, I can't see him invading and meeting SK and US troops in a conventional conflict. Of course that doesn't rule out his blowing up the entire NE section of the continent - hiimself with it.
China entered the Korean war later and pushed the US back to where the border is now.

Had it not been for China, Korea would be unified under the US backed government of the South.
(#22 (permalink))
Old
godwine (Offline)
自爆十秒前

11-24-2010, 11:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin4hire View Post
To be fair to him.. he was only responding to godwine's implied racial slur.

And I think you can say that America invaded Vietnam if you wanted to. It gave military support to a corrupt and incompetent South Vietnamese government simply because it wasn't communist. But I suppose whether that counts as invasion is debatable.
I apologize if what I said turn out to be racist. I already explained, I was only saying it's that kind of comment that cause stereotype and prejudice. The topic of war is sensitive enough. It's like me being Chinese, keep saying Japanese is wrong with the recent conflict, people will only relate my comment to my racial background
(#23 (permalink))
Old
Sinestra (Offline)
ショ ン

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
11-25-2010, 12:49 AM

My response was mainly aimed at Sitron not only did he paint a black and white picture of events but was dead wrong on some of the most important details to back his argument. I am not one of those Americans that will go along with whatever my government does and if i feel its wrong i will speak up. But if you are going to point out America as the bad guy at least get you're facts straight. He might have been just reacting to the comment but he should have rebuffed it in a more accurate way.

godwine explained himself quite well and i took it out of context so i apologize my irritation was not aimed at you.

(#24 (permalink))
Old
komitsuki (Offline)

11-25-2010, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBraden View Post
I hope this resolves itself peacefully. Seoul is a stone's throw from the DMZ and I'm sure there are plenty of very concerned and scared people there and all over the country.
I'm currently living in South Korea relatively near from the DMZ. Other than the panic buying of food, there is nothing to be panic about.

As you can see, I live in South Korea as well as I understand the Korean language. We are more afraid of a potential coup d'etat march to Seoul by South Korean military officers than North Korea.

Anybody remember the previous two incidents of coup d'etat in South Korea? Why not? Because this historical fact is scarier than North Korea right now.

It's funny that most of my American co-workers (mostly have lived in SK for over 5 years and wouldn't go back to the USA, yet they already brought their spouse and kids from the USA) said "oh, it's just another average day".

JapanForum's semi-resident amateur linguist.
(#25 (permalink))
Old
dogsbody70 (Offline)

11-25-2010, 12:57 PM

thank you very much for your input.
(#26 (permalink))
Old
komitsuki (Offline)

11-25-2010, 01:14 PM

There is a one huge update recently: the head minister of National Defense in South Korea resigned few hours ago.

(#27 (permalink))
Old
dogsbody70 (Offline)

11-25-2010, 03:50 PM

North Korea attack: South promises troops increase as China calls for 'restraint' | Mail Online

so what next?
(#28 (permalink))
Old
komitsuki (Offline)

11-28-2010, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogsbody70 View Post
so what next?
South Korean president rejected China's proposal of future Six Party Talks.

I smell a coup d'etat brewing.

(#29 (permalink))
Old
Ryzorian (Offline)

12-01-2010, 03:18 AM

Yes, the US is the biggest war addict this last century and Europe certainly hung with the ol girl back in the day, so has Asia. the Middle east also has had a long running date with war.

The answer is simple..War works, the strong subugate the weak through war, the strong take what they want from the weak through war. The only way the weak are protected from the strong is if other's who are strong decide to intervene.

History supports this through the dawn of time. To stop war and man's infatuation with her you have to stop greed. Stop mankind's desire to better themselves by any means required. Tall order that, no one has succeeded in the past 20,000 years.
(#30 (permalink))
Old
dannavy85 (Offline)
JF Regular

12-03-2010, 10:00 PM

North Korea will cease to be a viable state by 2020, time and patience will better play out than rushing towards war.

Unless the North sees nothing lost in an all or nothing suicidal invasion.

Quote:
Yes, the US is the biggest war addict this last century
That was an idiot statement.

USN Japan 1985 - 1997, best years of my life.

Last edited by dannavy85 : 12-03-2010 at 10:10 PM.