(#11 (permalink))
Old
kouichisan (Offline)
おす!

03-13-2011, 12:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tipsygypsy View Post
I appreciate that! Please save my wallet and bank account
I guess they will have to demolish most of the structures anyway, those buildings and anything in it are completely destroyed. Do you live near the most affected places?

Last edited by kouichisan : 03-14-2011 at 01:12 AM.
(#12 (permalink))
Old
tipsygypsy (Offline)
wa gwaaan?

03-13-2011, 01:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kouichisan View Post
haha

I guess they will have to demolish most of the structures anyway, those buildings and anything in it are completely destroyed. Do you live near the most affected places?
In this case, unfortunately no. I live in Tokyo and all tax offices here are alright.

Jah Rastafaaari. Yeah pasta for life
(#13 (permalink))
Old
kouichisan (Offline)
おす!

03-13-2011, 01:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tipsygypsy View Post
In this case, unfortunately no. I live in Tokyo and all tax offices here are alright.
You must owe a looot of tax
(#14 (permalink))
Old
Nyororin (Offline)
Mod Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to Nyororin Send a message via Yahoo to Nyororin
03-13-2011, 10:10 AM

If you`re in Japan, and not really suffering from the quake (ie. Your house did not fall down or get swept away) - pay your taxes. The government is no doubt going to be paying out incredible amounts to fix the country.

Also, be sure to pay your life and health insurance - those companies have promised to make all payouts for those who died in the quake and tsunami. (They did not have to do this - in major disasters they are freed from that responsibility.)

Oh, and a major hint to Tipsygypsy - quit spreading panic when you`re not even in a severely hit place. It is starting to irritate me as Tokyo is pretty much back to normal, but the most vocal person on here about gloom doom and the Apocalypse is there.

I know people in Sendai. I have a friend whose home town no longer exists at all, with all the relatives there for a funeral... Except her because she is due to have a baby next week so didn`t make the trip. Her husband was in Iwate on business, and they still haven`t managed to find out what happened to him.

If anyone is trying to find me… Tamyuun on Instagram is probably the easiest.
(#15 (permalink))
Old
whitekitsune18 (Offline)
New to JF

03-13-2011, 12:34 PM

I've sent my donations on day 1 the moment I saw Japan being hit with that Tsunami. I have friends in tokyo still waiting on 1 more to reply back. I only wish I could do so much more to help it really pains me to see japan hit so hard.

I'm sorry guys please hang in there, support is on it's way T~T
(#16 (permalink))
Old
kouichisan (Offline)
おす!

03-13-2011, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitekitsune18 View Post
I've sent my donations on day 1 the moment I saw Japan being hit with that Tsunami. I have friends in tokyo still waiting on 1 more to reply back. I only wish I could do so much more to help it really pains me to see japan hit so hard.

I'm sorry guys please hang in there, support is on it's way T~T
The first thing I did was call and email my friends living in Japan, some of them weren't replying which made me quite worried for them. At last I found out they were ok. I can imagine other peoples families are feeling it 10x more.

We all feel as though we want to go there and help them, but we're so far, and helpless. So we should support the people that do have the resources to help.

I've been browsing the web and these are pleas from people around the world...

YouTube - Please help Japan!!! Japan Earthquake/東北地方太平洋沖地震の募金情報募ります
(in Japanese)

English
YouTube - Please Help Japan

YouTube - Magnitude 8.9 Earthquake & Tsunami Hit Japan 3/11/2011. How We Can Help. #PrayForJapan.

YouTube - Earthquake in Japan and How to Help

YouTube - How to HELP the JAPAN RELIEF EFFORT!

Thank you for watching.

Join the following Facebook Groups in Memory of the People who died

RIP to the People who Died in the Tsunami and Earthquake in Japan

A Prayer for Japan - Victims of March 11, 2011 Earthquake and Tsunami | Facebook

Photos
ABC NEWS - Japan Earthquake Before and After Photos -

You should see this

ABC News - Japan Earthquake: before and after

Last edited by kouichisan : 03-14-2011 at 01:13 AM.
(#17 (permalink))
Old
vegna (Offline)
New to JF

03-13-2011, 10:44 PM

I donated to the red cross yesterday. First i tried via text cause it is faster and easier but i never got a confirmation, i don't believe it was deducted so i went to their site and donated some extra.
(#18 (permalink))
Old
kouichisan (Offline)
おす!

03-13-2011, 11:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegna View Post
I donated to the red cross yesterday. First i tried via text cause it is faster and easier but i never got a confirmation, i don't believe it was deducted so i went to their site and donated some extra.
Hi the text method is for US Residents, people living outside of US are better off donating online using the links above or calling them directly. I live in the UK and the text method didn't work for me either, so I donated online also. I've added a note next to the instructions. Thanks.

Last edited by kouichisan : 03-13-2011 at 11:44 PM.
(#19 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

03-14-2011, 12:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyororin View Post
...as Tokyo is pretty much back to normal...
I am reading about rolling blackouts and very limited train usage along with long lines for transportation... I realize Tokyo isn't damaged like Touhoku, but it is really safe to say it is back to normal?
(#20 (permalink))
Old
kouichisan (Offline)
おす!

03-14-2011, 12:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
I am reading about rolling blackouts and very limited train usage along with long lines for transportation... I realize Tokyo isn't damaged like Touhoku, but it is really safe to say it is back to normal?
I agree, I received some messages on Facebook from my friends in Japan telling me about the power cuts and the public services not operating. It is bringing life to a halt for many that rely on the service.

Last edited by kouichisan : 03-14-2011 at 12:51 AM.