LinkBack Thread Tools
(#11 (permalink))
Old
RealJames (Offline)
ボケ外人

04-07-2011, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinMask View Post
I just caught sight of it on NHK just now . . . scary when the aftershock is 7.4, especially when it's not even the main earthquake, it kind of puts the first earthquake more into perspective . . .

Is everyone okay there? The news here seems to suggest it's too early to tell, but that there's no reported injuries, damage or death. I'm hoping that everyone's okay, but with another tsunami warning out it's rather disheartening to imagine it could all happen again . . .
The tsunami is significantly smaller, and is still due to hit in like 5 more minutes so still to early to tell.
Then again the tsunami barriers are destroyed in many places so the damage might be considerable.

マンツーマン 英会話 神戸 三宮 リアライズ -James- This is my life and why I know things about Japan.
(#12 (permalink))
Old
GoNative (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

04-07-2011, 03:20 PM

It's much smaller than the big one and even the big one did only minor damage (the earthquake that is). The tsunami from this one is much, much smaller so you won't see a repeat of the previous disaster. Would be rather frightening for those in the region though. It was only felt as an M2 where I live and that's disconcerting enough. I'm definitely glad I don't live in Miyagi!
(#13 (permalink))
Old
GoNative (Offline)

04-07-2011, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealJames View Post
The tsunami is significantly smaller, and is still due to hit in like 5 more minutes so still to early to tell.
Then again the tsunami barriers are destroyed in many places so the damage might be considerable.
I think most of the places where the tsunami barriers were destroyed are pretty much as destroyed as you can get already. Not sure how they could be damaged even more!
(#14 (permalink))
Old
stickmichael (Offline)
JF Regular

04-07-2011, 03:32 PM

Here is footage off of bbc if anyone wants to see. BBC News - Japan hit by tsunami after massive earthquake
(#15 (permalink))
Old
JamboP26 (Offline)
日本オタク

Send a message via MSN to JamboP26
04-07-2011, 03:38 PM

Dont mean to sound insensitive, but its like something like mother nature or that has it in for Japan, and her east coast. Feel sorry for the people there, with no let up to the barrage

I'm a Cafe-kko, Nyappy in the World. But GazeRock is not dead. 「Sixth Gun」です

An Cafe, Vidoll, Versailles, Dir En Grey, Deathgaze, the GazettE, alice nine., UVERworld, Kiryu , YUI, AKB48, Buono!, Berryz Koubou, C-ute, S/mileage, Morning Musume, Zoro, Lolita23Q, Visual Kei, Oshare Kei, J-Rock, J-Pop, Idol groups FTW (≧∀≦)
(#16 (permalink))
Old
GoNative (Offline)

04-07-2011, 03:43 PM

Japan has been through events like this many times throughout it's history and will have many more in it's future. Living on a subduction zone on the Pacific ring of fire sort of guarantees that.
(#17 (permalink))
Old
Nyororin (Offline)
Mod Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to Nyororin Send a message via Yahoo to Nyororin
04-07-2011, 04:31 PM

My earthquake alarm went off when it hit - it was big enough to cause a *little* bit of shaking here. The first report was of a 5強, but it was quickly upgraded.
If this had been the first earthquake... I doubt the international news would have picked up on it that much.

Earthquakes tend to happen in fairly quick succession, so this isn`t really a surprise.

If anyone is trying to find me… Tamyuun on Instagram is probably the easiest.
(#18 (permalink))
Old
godwine (Offline)
自爆十秒前

04-07-2011, 04:35 PM

any news update to any damage, injuries/casualties or its impact towards already affected area???
(#19 (permalink))
Old
Nanashi (Offline)
New to JF

04-07-2011, 04:45 PM

A new tsunami?!?
How are the people now? Are they okay? *hope so*

Nanashi

Buuuh!! I'm German and not good in English and can't speak Japanese. I'm so clever to register myself here *head meets tabel*
okay, I did it because I want to know somebody in Japan...so is there anybody?
If there is somebody, please PN me!
(#20 (permalink))
Old
JohnBraden (Offline)

04-07-2011, 05:21 PM

NHK has broadcast here that the tsunami warning has been lifted. I don't know if that's for the entire coast or the more distant sections. They also went to regular programming leading me to believe this is just a large aftershock with not much damage. I may be wrong though.