LinkBack Thread Tools
(#11 (permalink))
Old
RealJames (Offline)
ボケ外人

05-05-2011, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogsbody70 View Post
lets hope you are right and that they did die if they were not saved.

Cattle have a hard enough existence already--

I wonder how much is actually being done for all those farmers if they cannot return to their homes.

Will they be allocated somewhere else to set up again?
Enormous amounts of relocation have already occurred.
I myself am teaching 2 students who had lived in Tohoku and were relocated to Kobe. They seem to be doing more than fine.

マンツーマン 英会話 神戸 三宮 リアライズ -James- This is my life and why I know things about Japan.
(#12 (permalink))
Old
RickOShay (Offline)
JF Old Timer

05-05-2011, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cat117 View Post
I have just read the following on PetaAsiaPacific.com (PETA Asia Pacific ) and find it very upsetting that the Japanese government is not taking action to help the farm animals which are inside the 20-kilometre no-go zone of the Fukushima power plant. Many farm animals are dying of starvation and dehydration due to the government not allowing the animals to be transferred to a safe place where they can be cared for. Please follow the link and urge the Japanese government to take immediate action to stop these poor animals suffering.
Sorry, but the Japanese government has its hands full with helping PEOPLE right now.

I know that this is probably something that is hard for you to accept, but most of the world puts human welfare above the welfare of animals (thank God).
(#13 (permalink))
Old
dogsbody70 (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

05-05-2011, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickOShay View Post
Sorry, but the Japanese government has its hands full with helping PEOPLE right now.

I know that this is probably something that is hard for you to accept, but most of the world puts human welfare above the welfare of animals (thank God).
so its okay to leave animals helpless and to starve.

farmers will need their stock replenished.

I take it that you think you are superior to animals God give me animals compared to some selfish people who think they are something special.
(#14 (permalink))
Old
GoNative (Offline)

05-06-2011, 01:08 AM

Quote:

I take it that you think you are superior to animals God give me animals compared to some selfish people who think they are something special.
So if reseources are already extremely stretched and limited you think domesticated animals should be treated no differently to humans? Utterly ridiculous. I believe it is okay to leave domesticated animals to starve when human interests are just a pressing. We can always breed more animals without any problem at all. God didn't create domesticated cattle, sheep, etc (if you believe in such rubbish as gods). Humans did through selective breeding.
(#15 (permalink))
Old
JohnBraden (Offline)

05-06-2011, 01:24 AM

I watched on NHK Newsline a little while ago that they were sending crews out there to put down all the cattle and pets found in the exclusion zone.
(#16 (permalink))
Old
RickOShay (Offline)
JF Old Timer

05-06-2011, 02:31 AM

Quote:

Basically what Gonative said, but yes, when resources are stretched I do believe a little girl's livelihood (or whoever), takes precidence over cow's. I am sorry that such an idea seems so heartless to you, but I do value the lives of humans over animals that would feast on my rotting corpse no matter what I would do to help save them. Humans may be capable of horrible things, but I will take them over animals anyday. You wanna go live in the wild with the animals, be my guest, you can find out first hand how all those wonderful animals will treat you.
(#17 (permalink))
Old
Nyororin (Offline)
Mod Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to Nyororin Send a message via Yahoo to Nyororin
05-06-2011, 06:49 AM

Quote:

Imagine that you lost your house and everything in it. Maybe even members of your family. Imagine that you`re now living in a "shelter", which is really just a school gymnasium with a few partitions set up in it.
Imagine that the government is working hard to set up somewhere for you to go for the long term, but that it`s taking time because of the massive scale. They`re also still working to recover human remains - hopefully they will be able to find those of your family...

Now... Imagine that you hear that instead of trying to find the remains and to secure long term lodgings for the survivors - they have shifted their efforts over to finding and providing aid for livestock.

When they haven`t even found your missing relatives. When you`re still sleeping on a donated blanket on the floor, just getting by on donated food...

I think there would be a bit of outrage.

I don`t think it is so much that no one cares about the animals. It`s just that PEOPLE are still the priority. Tracking down the escaped cattle of farmer A who was swept away with his house comes pretty far AFTER finding long term shelter for his orphaned children and finding his remains to bring closure. Maybe after all that is taken care of, there will be enough resources to think about the animals too...

If you feel the animals should have priority in a disaster situation, I ask you to make that clear should you ever be involved in one. Please make sure to tell all the groups who would try to help you to STOP helping you and your family, and to shift their efforts to local livestock. To stop building a house for you to live in, and instead build a shed for the animals.
Somehow, I doubt this is how you would feel if you were truly in such a situation. Even farmers who rely on livestock to make a living are not going to choose to save their animals when they are unable to stay near them or care for themselves at the moment - let alone the animals.

There are multiple groups that are providing shelter for animals. There are a number of groups that are rescuing animals from inside the affected areas and finding places for them to go. The Japanese government isn`t stopping them, but isn`t helping either as there simply are not free resources to do so. They have their hands full with the huge number of displaced people and the cleanup.

If anyone is trying to find me… Tamyuun on Instagram is probably the easiest.
(#18 (permalink))
Old
steel (Offline)
JF Old Timer

05-06-2011, 07:49 AM

Someone forwarded me this link last week:

Against The Stream - A Contrarian's Blog: One Day in Fukushima
(#19 (permalink))
Old
dogsbody70 (Offline)

05-06-2011, 07:51 AM

Of course I know that the people have to come first but it is the attitude that animals do not matter compared to human beings that angers me.

Many animals are treated badly and cruelly on a daily basis-- I am not talking Japan here-- I mean generally.

If animals could talk-- I think there would be different attitude. Many treat animals as mere commodities--Factory farming, Laborotories testing for US.

countries such as China where cats and dogs are skinned alive for their pelts.

Animals feel pain just as we do.

I sincerely hope that all the Japanese people do get the vital help that they need--that the money and aid goes where it should and that some are not left out.

It will take trillions of Yen to try to revive Japan.

I gather that there are so many volunteers being told to stay away because it is too hard to accommodate them.

Japan has a mammoth task ahead. I worry about those within the radiation dangers.
(#20 (permalink))
Old
dogsbody70 (Offline)

05-06-2011, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickOShay View Post
Basically what Gonative said, but yes, when resources are stretched I do believe a little girl's livelihood (or whoever), takes precidence over cow's. I am sorry that such an idea seems so heartless to you, but I do value the lives of humans over animals that would feast on my rotting corpse no matter what I would do to help save them. Humans may be capable of horrible things, but I will take them over animals anyday. You wanna go live in the wild with the animals, be my guest, you can find out first hand how all those wonderful animals will treat you.

Yes I too am not totally stupid-- Of course the human beings come first-- its just that animals always suffer in these circumstances-- such as in wars.

Perhaps we should get rid of all the animals in ther world and all the fishes in the sea-- and live without the sustenance. Human beings are also animals.