(#21 (permalink))
Old
Nyororin (Offline)
Mod Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to Nyororin Send a message via Yahoo to Nyororin
05-06-2011, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dangauss View Post
And, MMM, if you want to ban me from this site (tough guy) go ahead. I don't need this site. I'd like you to show your nasty attitude to me IN PERSON and I would TEACH YOU some manners.
If you have a problem with someone - contact a mod. If you have a problem with a mod (MMM), contact a DIFFERENT MOD (Me, for example).

I do not know what has happened between the two of you, but seriously, this is neither the time nor the place.
I have not seen anywhere on this board where MMM has been displaying a nasty attitude, but as I`ve been mostly away for the past week I cannot say I have been keeping up with everything. Enlighten me - via PM. If there is a need for action, I will take it up with him. Throwing random fits that are completely off topic will definitely not help your cause.

If anyone is trying to find me… Tamyuun on Instagram is probably the easiest.
(#22 (permalink))
Old
RealJames (Offline)
ボケ外人

05-06-2011, 04:39 PM

whoa how did this go from emotional to melodramatic in a heartbeat?
There are usually a few more pages of posts before that all begins...

For the record, I talk the same in person, to everyone, and luckily they don't misunderstand it as a nasty tone of voice ><

マンツーマン 英会話 神戸 三宮 リアライズ -James- This is my life and why I know things about Japan.
(#23 (permalink))
Old
Nameless (Offline)
JF Old Timer

05-19-2011, 07:14 AM

Beforehand, sorry for meddling.

I understand, that you are concerned about other living beings, but why do you need to spread anger and hate in here? I mean, there is a lot of hate in this world already, why do you need to create more? Do you really enjoy your feelings of frustration?

If someone dislikes your point of view, simply don't react to that, if it helps, think of them as not being worthy enough of your hatred, you save your time, and you save theirs.

If this was in someway too offtopic, please delete this post.
(#24 (permalink))
Old
dogsbody70 (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

05-19-2011, 12:54 PM

I thought this thread was about the suffering of animals--not that anyone seems to actually Care about that at all--

Dangauss it seems I have upset you too.

If someone comes on here giving English/ American lessons-- they should not be surprised if an English native might also have something to say or to offer.

You wanted to sell your book--

I objected to some of the language being taught-- also the fact that apparently only experts in teaching English are supposed to respond-- making someone like myself feel inadequate. Its like an elitist society.

like some secret version of the language that an English person cannot possibly convey.

Teachers of the English language seem to act as if they are superior to others.

I wonder what happens when foreigners meet ordinary English people-- .

You posted helpful advice-- which some people took to be wonderful.

But you still have to deal with someone like me who may object to certain

aspects.

Sorry if I have upset you but I am entitled to respond just as much as anyone else.

by the way-- I love animals---------.
(#25 (permalink))
Old
Umihito (Offline)
JF Old Timer

05-19-2011, 06:39 PM

I tried to hold myself back, but I really just have to get this off my chest.

I'm deeply touched by this, and I feel the animals should be treated just as urgently as people.

Heh... here comes the hate I bet.

I'd do anything to help an animal. I'd give years off my life to save even one cow. Depending on how badly it was suffering, maybe even my whole life.
Please, I know you probably think I'm really over-reacting, but I'm far from it.

One time, a big teenager kicked a pigeon in a town I was in. You know what I did. Without a SHRED of thought, I ran up behind him and planted him a punch right in the back of the head. It's instinct to me. I don't care he may have carried a knife or not, I don't care he could have beat me to a pulp. The ONLY thing I cared about was helping that pigeon.

I wouldn't even like to say which life I value more, an animal's or a human's, because by the looks of it no one here will like my answer.

I'd never donate an organ to a person because I could be giving it to a drugie or such. I'd NEVER take that risk. At least an animal couldn't abuse it.

I agree lots with what dogsbody is saying here too, of course as you can see.

Well, I'm sorry if I've offended anyone with my post. I just couldn't hold it back.
I hope that this won't change anyone's opinions towards me too badly, it's just who I am.
(#26 (permalink))
Old
dogsbody70 (Offline)

05-20-2011, 08:47 AM

there is terrible animal cruelty-- even here in UK.

factory farming, really cruel. Laborotory Tests on animals.

we are supposed to be a nation of animal lovers--but there is abuse or neglect all around.

Wilful cruelty where cats are shot with airguns or set on fire-- there was a period where Horses were being attacked-- all around the country.

There has to be something sick with so called human beings who deliberately set out to abuse and torture animals.

This would be a sad world without animals. I just detest the attitude that they are just there for our convenience-- and we can do with them what we will.

Humans are not superior to animals. In fact in many ways Humans are so much worse.

Do animals set out to kill hundreds of people. Those that kill to survive-- do they go on to kill hundreds more just because they hate them.

This world would be dreadful without animals. They have evolved through the years for specific purposes.

If they could actually TALK-- I think many things would change. No, give me animals any day.
(#27 (permalink))
Old
RealJames (Offline)
ボケ外人

05-20-2011, 03:44 PM

helping animals to me feels like such a strange topic because of the extent to which animal activists will go to save a dog or a cow etc and yet completely ignore or dismiss the people in the world who are in far more need of that help...

then there are the hypocrites who would help a cow with a burger in hand
if that example is too direct, then buying products from a company which supports or owns subsidiaries which in turn treat animals badly

animals do need help
people need it more

it's a simple question of priority

マンツーマン 英会話 神戸 三宮 リアライズ -James- This is my life and why I know things about Japan.
(#28 (permalink))
Old
RobinMask (Offline)
JF Old Timer

05-20-2011, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealJames View Post
helping animals to me feels like such a strange topic because of the extent to which animal activists will go to save a dog or a cow etc and yet completely ignore or dismiss the people in the world who are in far more need of that help
That's a totally excellent point. There was a famous case here a while back, animal rights activists dug up the remains of a man's grandma and kept them hostage until he freed the animals he had in his possession (drugs testing, I think - although forgetting that without testing on something/someone we'd have no drugs, thus a lot more deaths and suffering). I dislike how animal rights activists treat people as if they don't matter: threatening friends/family, digging up remains, vandalising houses . . .

Animals matter, but so do people.

On a slightly more on-topic note! I think in this circumstance the Japanese have the priority of helping their people, not the animals. There's people homeless, in shelters, starving, loved one's still officially missing . . . I love animals, adore them, and yeah people can suck, but I would rather get a population back on its feet than to save one cow. Let's face it, without people the animals would suffer all the more. You need farmers and vets and animal shelters, and for those you need people.
(#29 (permalink))
Old
Columbine (Offline)

05-20-2011, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinMask View Post
That's a totally excellent point. There was a famous case here a while back, animal rights activists dug up the remains of a man's grandma and kept them hostage until he freed the animals he had in his possession (drugs testing, I think - although forgetting that without testing on something/someone we'd have no drugs, thus a lot more deaths and suffering). I dislike how animal rights activists treat people as if they don't matter: threatening friends/family, digging up remains, vandalising houses . . .
That was the guy from the Oxford medical labs. Not related to the Uni, but yeah, he had a lot of guinea pigs and small mammals for lab tests (all kinds, not necessarily medicines).

I can see WHY animal rights activists protest about the use of mice and things for research, but it really bothers me that you never hear a peep about, you know the several million pound budget London has per annum solely dedicated to poisoning mice across the capital, or that pigeons and grey squirrels are pretty much required to be euthanised if bought in for vet treatment. Or that they have men employed to go about smashing birds eggs. If they really cared that much about saving animals lives, I think you'd hear about this, but no.
(#30 (permalink))
Old
RickOShay (Offline)
JF Old Timer

05-20-2011, 11:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Columbine View Post
That was the guy from the Oxford medical labs. Not related to the Uni, but yeah, he had a lot of guinea pigs and small mammals for lab tests (all kinds, not necessarily medicines).

I can see WHY animal rights activists protest about the use of mice and things for research, but it really bothers me that you never hear a peep about, you know the several million pound budget London has per annum solely dedicated to poisoning mice across the capital, or that pigeons and grey squirrels are pretty much required to be euthanised if bought in for vet treatment. Or that they have men employed to go about smashing birds eggs. If they really cared that much about saving animals lives, I think you'd hear about this, but no.
This is a perfect example of why animal rights makes no sense. There is a reason all those mice are poisoned .. because they are pests. Animals are just animals, they are out for survival and they will do whatever it takes to achieve that goal. It is the law of the jungle and animals could give a crap about humans. Now humans being better than animals.. with that thing we call a sense of humanity, can make responsible choices in how animals are treated/slaughtered/euthanized. I think that it is what is important and what real animal rights should be about, not this foolishness of putting the lives of animals above human beings.