JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#21 (permalink))
Old
clairebear (Offline)

10-20-2007, 05:49 PM

Hah, I was just about to say that this is stupid and stereotypical.
(#22 (permalink))
Old
noodle (Offline)
Wo zhi dao ni ai wo

10-20-2007, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
I had hoped we were done with these "stereotype all people from one country" slam America threads.

*yawn*
sometimes stereotypes can be very acurate actually, and noone mentioned a stereotype so far? i've never heard the stereotype of stupid american tourists... i've just spoken from experience, and so has everyone else so far. noone has said "i've heard that americans.............................."
(#23 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

10-20-2007, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noodle View Post
sometimes stereotypes can be very acurate actually, and noone mentioned a stereotype so far? i've never heard the stereotype of stupid american tourists... i've just spoken from experience, and so has everyone else so far. noone has said "i've heard that americans.............................."
"In our native country as a whole Americans are jerks."

"Americans are just rude, they don't respect people in general."

"American 2n best tourists...? Pfftt no way in hell! They're noisy and wear shorts when it's freezing cold."

"Americans are second best? That's not possible... I think they're rude and don't respect other cultures."

You are right NOODLE, these comments I thought were STEREOTYPES about Americans weren't sterteotypes. They were just INSULTS.

Let me rephrase. I thought we were done with these threads were we just INSULT everone from a single country.
(#24 (permalink))
Old
clairebear (Offline)

10-20-2007, 06:42 PM

Those are some pretty harsh insults..

Last edited by clairebear : 10-20-2007 at 06:46 PM.
(#25 (permalink))
Old
noodle (Offline)
Wo zhi dao ni ai wo

10-20-2007, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
"In our native country as a whole Americans are jerks."

"Americans are just rude, they don't respect people in general."

"American 2n best tourists...? Pfftt no way in hell! They're noisy and wear shorts when it's freezing cold."

"Americans are second best? That's not possible... I think they're rude and don't respect other cultures."

You are right NOODLE, these comments I thought were STEREOTYPES about Americans weren't sterteotypes. They were just INSULTS.

Let me rephrase. I thought we were done with these threads were we just INSULT everone from a single country.
haha, some of those were said by american's. but, now i do agree, they are insults, if you wanna take them as that, or if you are a "the cup is half full" typa guy, they are comments that should be kept to ones self/],
(#26 (permalink))
Old
Illusional (Offline)
JF Regular

10-20-2007, 09:29 PM

i think that chinese people are very inconsiderate. they talk loud, are tight when it comes to money, and basically care about themselves.. yes this is a sterotype, but it appears true for the most part. yes, and i can say this because i am part chinese.

raverboy

...this is just my perspective on the situation...
(#27 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

10-20-2007, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noodle View Post
haha, some of those were said by american's. but, now i do agree, they are insults, if you wanna take them as that, or if you are a "the cup is half full" typa guy, they are comments that should be kept to ones self/],
I agree. The comments don't serve any purpose, they are just insults.
(#28 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

10-20-2007, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illusional View Post
i think that chinese people are very inconsiderate. they talk loud, are tight when it comes to money, and basically care about themselves.. yes this is a sterotype, but it appears true for the most part. yes, and i can say this because i am part chinese.

raverboy
I have a question, Illusional, how is it that in every other culture in the world (that I am aware of) people stand in line to wait for things, except for in China? Can someone explain how they function if no one waits in line for things? Is that really true?
(#29 (permalink))
Old
Danierux (Offline)
KANSAI WANNABE

10-20-2007, 11:11 PM

I love Japanese tourist groups with the "Flag" lady at the front directing everyone where to go. Soo cute haha.

ダニエル X

(#30 (permalink))
Old
CrystalTear (Offline)
Ninjaaa

10-21-2007, 10:52 AM

I especially said I THINK,,
everybody's got right on an opinion right?