JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Niyusu (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Japan's Richest People 2006 - Mori tops Son - 06-08-2007, 10:10 AM

Akira Mori, chief executive of real estate developer Mori Trust Co., overtook Softbank founder Masayoshi Son to become Japan's richest man, according to Forbes Asia's June 18 issue.

Mori, 69, benefited as Japan's average land prices rose for the first time in 16 years, pushing his net worth to $5.5 billion in 2006. Softbank's Son, 49, who topped last year's list, saw his net worth slip to $5.45 billion from $7 billion and his rank fall to second.

Hiroshi Yamauchi, former chairman of Nintendo was the biggest gainer on the 2006 Richest Japanese People list. The 79 year old rose 11 places to No. 3, with a net worth of $4.8 billion.

Source: Japan's Richest People 2006 List | Bloomberg
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Kanji_The_Wanderer (Offline)
風林火山

06-09-2007, 12:29 PM

A 80 yr. old man and he has almost 5 billion dollars?! I didn't know that such high ranked members in Nintendo got so much money! Well, he was the chairman, so he must receive great amounts of respect. Some of those people are really rich. In a way, I am surprised that the richest man is in America.
(#3 (permalink))
Old
cocoluvnihon (Offline)
The"Kewl Otaku" one

Send a message via AIM to cocoluvnihon Send a message via MSN to cocoluvnihon Send a message via Yahoo to cocoluvnihon
07-02-2007, 02:43 AM

LMAO I can just imagine a lot of pplz coming out of the woodworks all of a sudden after seeing the list! "Excuse me, but do you remember me I was in your 1st grade class I need to pay for my bills..." LOL
(#4 (permalink))
Old
veronicaflowers (Offline)
New to JF

Post i thought I'd say... - 10-13-2007, 03:09 AM

hi,

i thought i'd say hello to everyone. i'm new here.

veronica