JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
kitski (Offline)
Kakkoi

2news:oldest male and a choking on a konjac-style jelly news - 06-17-2007, 05:17 PM

Miyazaki man listed as world's oldest male
A 111-year-old man, Tomoji Tanabe, living in Miyakonojo, Miyazaki Prefecture, has been listed by the Guinness Book of Records as the world's oldest male, the city government said. City officials received the certificate from Guinness World Records the same day and the mayor plans to hand it over to Tanabe on Monday, according to the local government.

Tanabe, who has been in good health recently and has a healthy appetite, appeared surprised to discover that he has become the world's oldest man, according to his family. As the world's oldest person, Yone Minagawa, 114, lives in Fukuchi, Fukuoka Prefecture, both record-holders reside in the Kyushu region.

Damages suit filed over death caused by konjac-style jelly

A couple filed a suit Friday with the Nagoya District Court seeking a total of around 75 million yen in damages from a food maker and a local government, arguing their 7-year-old son had died after choking on konjac-style jelly.

According to the complaint, Ryunosuke Murata died March 23 when he tried to eat an afternoon snack at a child-care center supervised by the city government of Ise, Mie Prefecture. His parents argue that the manufacturer of the jelly, Ace Bakery Co, should not have distributed the jelly and that the child-care center neglected its obligation of due care.

Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow.
Don't walk behind me, I may not lead.
Just walk beside me and be my friend.-- Albert Camus
(#2 (permalink))
Old
lehmki (Offline)
Come over to the darkside

06-18-2007, 08:23 PM

that guy is old i wanna live that long :P lol.. then ill be old and wrinkled

Bro to CN and to Musashi
evil dentist shinigami captain who's reiatsu powers match Kenpachi and Ullriquora put together! to Aoshi
The cool old bro, who teases hes younger bro NIghtmare
Protective bro to curious_jane
Choco the family guardian
Teasing brother to wbslngr
Personal Bodyguard - Michieru
My pretty maid - Ayame90
and a very loyal butler - ImmortalFlare
Right Hand Mistress of Darkness-QuoyaNatsume
(#3 (permalink))
Old
Kanji_The_Wanderer (Offline)
風林火山

06-19-2007, 02:18 AM

Wow, 111 and 114 years old. It is hard to imagine people being alive for that long. But since Japanese take care of themselves so well, they live longer then any other people on earth.

Hey Guys, this is interesting, I read somewhere some time ago, that if the world was free of sickness, bacteria, and all that other viral crap, humans could live to be 200 yrs. old. Our organs have the ability to work for that long, and if they were replaced, you could live longer. Imagine how much knowledge you would gain! Amazing!

Oh, and those parents want to sue that company for 75 million yen?! That's nuts. He was probably playing around maybe no one knew he was eating, maybe he wasn't even beling watched, but it sounds like a freak accident.
(#4 (permalink))
Old
kitski (Offline)
Kakkoi

06-20-2007, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanji_The_Wanderer View Post
Wow, 111 and 114 years old. It is hard to imagine people being alive for that long. But since Japanese take care of themselves so well, they live longer then any other people on earth.

Hey Guys, this is interesting, I read somewhere some time ago, that if the world was free of sickness, bacteria, and all that other viral crap, humans could live to be 200 yrs. old. Our organs have the ability to work for that long, and if they were replaced, you could live longer. Imagine how much knowledge you would gain! Amazing!

Oh, and those parents want to sue that company for 75 million yen?! That's nuts. He was probably playing around maybe no one knew he was eating, maybe he wasn't even beling watched, but it sounds like a freak accident.
we could live 200yrs old.such a pity that the world is full of bacteria and other harmful things.For some reason every time i think of the future i imagine it to be like in the movies.Flying cars ppl living in this world without seeing trees,grass etc.like in the newer star wars movies..or like in the fifth element.maybe ppl living on the other planets as well.
Technology is developing so fast.In 1949 Popular Mechanics said that computers in the future may weigh no more than 1.5 tons.Look the computers now.And it was said only 58 years ago. I wonder what may happen in the next 60 years.
The only good thing that i have heard is that we soon do not have naphtha(petroleum) any more so we can't drive with cars who need that.air pollution would not be that massive like it's now. And then instead of buying a car ppl would buy a horse. But then again there are these cars that do not need petroleum.And to think about all the factories how much they hurt our atmosphere. .Sometimes i think what would life be without all these inventions.
living at the age of 114 is a miracle.^^i wish many years for them to come.

that kid story is a pity.I blame the parents.It's their fault.They should have kept an eye on him more properly.It's wrong to blame others.I deeply feel sorry for their loss.

Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow.
Don't walk behind me, I may not lead.
Just walk beside me and be my friend.-- Albert Camus
(#5 (permalink))
Old
lehmki (Offline)
Come over to the darkside

06-20-2007, 12:39 PM

but still they have invented many kinds of cars that use different kinds things to make them move, like sun energy, or what ever some thing that doesnt polute the air, propably in the future cars have their own tiny energy core, which fules them , so they could move

Bro to CN and to Musashi
evil dentist shinigami captain who's reiatsu powers match Kenpachi and Ullriquora put together! to Aoshi
The cool old bro, who teases hes younger bro NIghtmare
Protective bro to curious_jane
Choco the family guardian
Teasing brother to wbslngr
Personal Bodyguard - Michieru
My pretty maid - Ayame90
and a very loyal butler - ImmortalFlare
Right Hand Mistress of Darkness-QuoyaNatsume
(#6 (permalink))
Old
Tolbarizhei (Offline)
is lost without you!

Send a message via ICQ to Tolbarizhei Send a message via AIM to Tolbarizhei Send a message via MSN to Tolbarizhei Send a message via Yahoo to Tolbarizhei
06-20-2007, 03:50 PM

ha, im hoping for those.. they have hybrid.. which is half gas half electricity.. which is a good start, but still a far way to go before i start driving personally

as for the kid.. konjak.. what is that exactly, cuz all i can think of is liquer, and if thats the case... well hello!!!

there is one true love in my life.. and sadly it will be fate that will have to hold us together
the light will continue to shine for all..
Fratello, may the angels bless you on the way throughout eternity
(#7 (permalink))
Old
seiki (Offline)
aww fiegal

huh - 06-20-2007, 04:06 PM

what's conjac jelly and if it is a jelly how can that possibly kill someone
(#8 (permalink))
Old
ShibaInu (Offline)
JF Old Timer

06-20-2007, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tolbarizhei View Post
ha, im hoping for those.. they have hybrid.. which is half gas half electricity.. which is a good start, but still a far way to go before i start driving personally
scientists have actually been working for a long time now to make the perfect fuel or energy source, the same kind that powers the sun...i think it's called nuclear fusion...this is opposed to nuclear fission, those present-day nuclear reactors which emits deadly radioactive wastes...

nwayz, going back to the topic, WOW.. i'm also sooo impressed with people living past their hundred...and these people are usually from China, Korea, and Japan...i wonder if eating noodles have also something to do with it? thanks for sharing the news, kitski-san! keep it coming!

Japan does not understand very well that one of its proudest cultural achievements is in film--- Akira Kurosawa
(#9 (permalink))
Old
seiki (Offline)
aww fiegal

06-20-2007, 06:09 PM

i saw that story on the news they said that they thought the long life was due to the diet of mostly fish and vegetables but the man said that he also drinks a glass of milk every day
Attached Images
File Type: jpg milk.jpg (1.6 KB, 12 views)
(#10 (permalink))
Old
ShibaInu (Offline)
JF Old Timer

06-20-2007, 09:50 PM

Oh, i see...yeah, milk is good for the body...

Japan does not understand very well that one of its proudest cultural achievements is in film--- Akira Kurosawa