JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#21 (permalink))
Old
Haggis (Offline)
JF Old Timer

07-04-2007, 05:42 PM

If you invade a country head on you'll end up killing 'innocent' people. If they refuse to surrender then what happens when even the women and children start pointing guns at you?

Even if they don't, the numbers killed would be massive, when America took Okinawa, there were 12,500 American casualties and 150,000 Japanese civilians killed. That's more than at Hiroshima.

Last edited by Haggis : 07-04-2007 at 06:02 PM.
(#22 (permalink))
Old
Gorotsuki (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via AIM to Gorotsuki Send a message via MSN to Gorotsuki Send a message via Yahoo to Gorotsuki Send a message via Skype™ to Gorotsuki
07-04-2007, 06:00 PM

I beleive if the bomb was droped on germany or where lots of nazi's were, germany would have been cripled and would have given up...I am sure germans allies would have to.
(#23 (permalink))
Old
Haggis (Offline)
JF Old Timer

07-04-2007, 06:10 PM

But Germany had already surrendered before the Hiroshima bomb was dropped.
(#24 (permalink))
Old
Gorotsuki (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via AIM to Gorotsuki Send a message via MSN to Gorotsuki Send a message via Yahoo to Gorotsuki Send a message via Skype™ to Gorotsuki
07-04-2007, 06:56 PM

If Japan had the same types of weapons that the usa had the usa would not have attacked.. Oh back to pearl habor when japan attacked they attacked the navy fleets. Various other military bases...they didn't just go randomly attacking innocent people. Its not like they went to new york city or florida and killed people there. That would be uncalled for if they did however they didn't. Pearl habor and the bombings that happened on hiroshima and nagasaki are completely different.

Since you said germany surrendered b4 the bombings this just makes things even worse. They used their most powerful weapon towards the end of the war on a country that was loseing and had NO allies.
(#25 (permalink))
Old
Suki (Offline)
armed with a mind

Send a message via MSN to Suki
07-04-2007, 10:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YaksokuDa View Post
So other countries have dropped an A-Bomb? On a city? No.
And actually, Chirchill at the time would never drop a bomb like that on a city if he had the chance.
(Churchill)

We'll never know if he would have dropped it, so never mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YaksokuDa
More like USA wasn't a good enemy, USA lacked military tactics, due to their short military history, thus the stereotypical view of trigger happy soldiers, killing their own men aswell as the enemy.
Whatever, it was them who set France free and who recovered half the Pacific area but all we can think about is how wrong it was of them to drop the A-bomb... And yeah, they made a mistake, but that doesn't mean we have nothing to thank them for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haggis
I wonder what would have happened if they hadn't occurred. (I don't get why some people are saying the threat of being bombed would be enough, Japan didn't surrender despite the Hiroshima bomb being dropped)
That's right. In fact, it took them 24 days to surrender after the two bombs were dropped.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorotsuki
How did we get the pictures from thoes events in the past? It is obvious they could have taken pictures and showed them to the world.
I know it could have been filmed, but that's not the point. I mean, the media was being manipulated, it wouldn't have been that easy and I'm sure it wouldn't have been enough to make Japan surrender. No shadow of doubt.

Quote:
Germany started this whole war...germany is more to blame then any of his ally countried. The bomb could have been droped in europe where a lot of germans were...all you had to do was warn all of the allies. Unless there was a lack of communication this would have worked...sure the Japanese had to pay..invade their country and fight them head on. Not just drop a huge bomb to kill innocent people because you suck at fighting.
I know Germany was the main cause but in 1943 they were no longer a thread. It was Japan that had destroyed their beloved military base and so they had it comming. It's not about "what would have been better/fairer", by then Japan had become their principal enemy, end of the story.

I don't think they suck at fighting, actually they all had gone through military preparation, but we're not going to discuss that.

(Did the Japanese not kill innocent people? I know you're all very fond of them, but that's no reason not to admit they made mistakes as well).

Quote:
I beleive if the bomb was droped on germany or where lots of nazi's were, germany would have been cripled and would have given up...I am sure germans allies would have to.
Again!? Americans did not give a flying fuck about Germany! They were so finished they had stopped being something to worry about.

Quote:
Oh back to pearl habor when japan attacked they attacked the navy fleets. Various other military bases...they didn't just go randomly attacking innocent people. Its not like they went to new york city or florida and killed people there
They didn't have a nearby base. No country cared for innocent people lifes, what's so shocking about it? They still don't nowadays, just imagine 60 years ago.

everything is relative and contradictory ~
(#26 (permalink))
Old
Suki (Offline)
armed with a mind

07-04-2007, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YaksokuDa
I don't care what your opinion is, you can't defend dropping a bomb so destrutive.
You didn't read any of it, did you...? I never said it was the right thing to do and of course if I could go back in time and stop it I would without thinking it twice. All I said was that I can understand why they did it (cause, you know, you've gotta try to see things through their eyes), nothing else.

(#27 (permalink))
Old
Gorotsuki (Offline)
JF Old Timer

07-05-2007, 12:32 AM

Everyone did wrong things during the war...America simply decided to do the worse besides the holocaust.
(#28 (permalink))
Old
kireikoori (Offline)
Haplogroup N(Y-DNA)

07-05-2007, 03:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suki View Post
Damn, I saw that early this morning and the imagery is still with me tonight. Did I not just see that woman's armbones after her flesh was completely ripped off? Dang. I think I'm disturbed for life now. Sure that scene was done with movie magic but unlike other movies I can't tell myself it's all not real. Because if I do then I'm some dirty fascist denier. Damn that was gruesome. Far more disturbing than those black and white pictures of holocaust victims. Dadgum, the flesh ripped off of her arms while she's still alive and concious to see it. Can you image the frostbitten flesh of your arms ripped off right before your eyes?

I still love Japan though. Every country has done bad things.

Quote:
Your favorite country was not the only one being bombed. In fact, before the two bombs were dropped it was the second less damaged country. I mean, stop being such Japanacholics when discussing history and forget where manga and anime come from.
Damn it. I try to anyway be unsure enough about the whole thing as to to not appear your whole negative "Japanaholic" or "Japanophile" or whatever. But then I get slammed with people with sense enough to understand the Atom bomb was unnecessary. And then I agree with the person. And then for agreeing I get that little annoying "Japan-lover" label and stereotypes like anime and such. It's happened so many times now I can count on it happening.

For your information the only anime I have watched in the past two years is Grave of the Fireflies and three episodes of the powerpuff girls anime on youtube.

Ugh. Screw this topic. I don't ever want to think about it again. All that will face me is bunch of "lol go watch your damn animu weeaboo and eat your nasty pocky and let us adults talk about real subjects".

Look. Japan did some pretty horrible things during world war two. As evidenced by that disturbing video you showed me. But two wrongs don't make a right.
(#29 (permalink))
Old
Suki (Offline)
armed with a mind

07-05-2007, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kireikoori
Damn, I saw that early this morning and the imagery is still with me tonight. Did I not just see that woman's armbones after her flesh was completely ripped off? Dang. I think I'm disturbed for life now.
I know, told you it was kinda hard to watch. I couldn't get the image of that woman's flesh being ripped off out of my head, but eventually it faded away.

You haven't seen videos of how the Germans tortured the Jews and tried out all those crazy ideas of cures, have you? They'd make anyone shiver. Reading it is enough to make you puke so I won't get into details.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kireikoori
Look. Japan did some pretty horrible things during world war two. As evidenced by that disturbing video you showed me. But two wrongs don't make a right.
Those people weren't Japanese, they were Chinese. It was to show that people all over the world have done horrible things. I'd personally prefer to die from atomic bomb attacks than being put through that torture.

Quote:
Everyone did wrong things during the war...America simply decided to do the worse besides the holocaust.
To me the Holocaust is the worst crime ever committed against humanity, nothing can be compared.

(#30 (permalink))
Old
kireikoori (Offline)
Haplogroup N(Y-DNA)

07-05-2007, 06:42 PM

Quote:
I'd personally prefer to die from atomic bomb attacks than being put through that torture.
I guess I disagree there. I'd go through any form of torture rather than die. For someone like me who doubts the afterlife nothing is worse than death.

And not all the people who died from the atom bomb died instantly. Some died slowly from radiation poisoning. I've heard tales of flesh falling right off people from the radiation of the bombing. The flesh falling off is essentially what made that video so freaky is it not?